• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Warrior Queen
  • /
  • Page ⁨4⁩

Warrior Queen

"No ma'am, I was quite abused and bullied throughout most of my formative years, by all the other children and some adults too. I've never gotten over that time of my life and have always been introverted."

"Well Ms. Teague, you must've been really traumatized because I don't think 'you' even know who or what you are. Why am I sensing danger? I can't really understand that. When you and Bernard were approaching me the way you walked caused me to think that Bernard had brought me a lioness I would have to tame."

"But here standing in front of me is a diminutive puppy waiting to be kicked. But feeling that danger and looking at you. I think that if I'd tried to kick you I'd pull back a stump without a foot. Why is that Ms. Teague, what makes me think that you're so dangerous?"

"I'm not dangerous, or even assertive! I never retaliated against those children that bullied me. But my father is responsible for what you're seeing.

When he was a young man, Father was taught a way of life... A philosophy much like the Bushidō that samurai practiced. Except his is non-violent, he even calls it the 'Glory Road' and quotes the 'Golden rule'."

"Part of that philosophy includes an extreme amount of physical fitness. Father included the martial arts as part of that fitness. So for me that martial arts and physical fitness training started at age 10 and it's a lifelong commitment that I still continue."

"Well, that explains some of what I'm seeing. I can't see much of the detail of your figure or musculature through the bulky and drab clothing that you're wearing. But I would guess that your physique is quite intimidating, certainly your height is. Plus you move like that lioness I first saw. But Sweetie, just like you 'can' train salesmanship or teach charm. You 'can't' teach charisma... you can't teach someone how to radiate instinctual fear, but you have both."

"I've met martial artists before, even some of them that were recognized champions. They might've been some of the most physically dangerous people in the world, but they didn't radiate danger. I've had 1% bikers; Hells Angels come before my bench and not radiate danger. Yet I had a diminutive accountant come before me that I almost asked the bailiff to stand beside me for protection!"

"But whatever... we might delve into that some more later. I imagine you and Bernard have discussed me and what I might do for you. I'd like to have you tell me exactly what you hope to accomplish from my services."

"Prof. Higgins and Stephen Carson started this law firm and in spite of my youth they graciously let me join them. The firm was set up to provide services in contract writing and also legal negotiation and mediation services. As you know Prof. Higgins, you're aware that his specialty is in contract law. Stephen Carson was our negotiator and because of his language skills we have international clients."

"Because of some personal problems Stephen Carson has left our firm and sold me his rights to our firm. I've negotiated with Prof. Higgins and I'll buy him out in a year, he wants to go back to teaching. During that year he's consented to continue training me. But he felt that there were areas needed for my development that he wasn't suited to train me for. Consulting with you was the idea he came up with."

"With my ability in languages, the World Court and European Union courses I studied in college, and my grade point average. It would seem like I'd be well suited to handle the international negotiation part of our business. But both the Professor and Stephen told me that I'd have to change my demeanor and personal presentation to do so, I'm very aware of that fact too."

"With my presentation remaining as it is I'm severely handicapped as a lead negotiator in any language. As I acquire total ownership of this firm, that position is my logical option. But as things stand right now... I'd fail."

"I need the ability to step into a conference room and immediately control that meeting, and do that definitively yet respectfully. In addition, I would need to learn how to use all my 'assets' as you call them. I need to learn how to use them as a woman, an ethical and honorable woman."

"Well Sweetie, there's quite a wish list behind those few simple statements. Here's what I see going forward... if you retain me. There's two main things we'll have to do. First is training you to adopt an additional persona. Not acting, not make believe, not putting on Superman's cape to intimidate the criminals."

"You must learn how to 'be' Superman. How to have both a Clark Kent personality and a Superman personality..."

Suddenly I realized Justice Madeline DeVoe had slowly slid into a very casual Maddie. Her speech and mannerisms differed completely from my first impressions.

'Maddie' looked like she'd be perfectly comfortable in a county farm kitchen chatting with the neighbor ladies over coffee. Despite standing there in front of us in her very proper business suit.

The first clue was when she called me 'Sweetie.' Incredulously I realized all the little changes she made to arrive at 'Maddie'. As I realized that and my jaw started to drop open, a twinkle and a wink appeared in her eye and a curtain disappeared. Leaving Justice Madeline DeVoe standing there so regally intimidating. She didn't even say a word and you just knew... that Maddie had left. Yet in the next instant she returned.

"Yeah Sweetie, I was born on a mid-western dairy farm. Rubber irrigation boots and wading in cow shit before the crack of dawn to get first milking done. Only when that was finished, plus our other morning chores. Were we allowed to head for school... after prayers and breakfast of course. Third milking was done right after-school. Then dinner and homework plus a few hours sleep, and we started the next day in the dark and rubber boots again."

"I've been an Attorney and a Judge for far longer than I've been that mid-western farm girl I was born as, so much so that I don't really know which one is the real me anymore."

"You'll have to learn how... How that persona can become so much of you... which one is real? Don't know... But you'll have both and they'll be switchable as you need."

"Second thing we'll do is craft that persona. To teach it how to walk, talk, and look real... no, not look... be real. Teach it the body language and mechanics that says a polite, 'Don't fuck with me' attitude. To aggressively broadcast poise, elegance and sophistication that say. 'I'm beautiful, admire but touch at your own risk!'

"Plus Sweetie we'll work on those clothes too. But always remember Sweetie that fashion, style and makeup are like wearing Superman's cape. It won't impress 'all' the criminals all the time, but BEING Superman 'will' impress them all... all the time."

"Putting Superman in the sharpest tuxedo around will impress everyone... even you. With the right clothes you'll feel sharp, sexy and powerful and your confidence will show that to the world."

"I'll teach you how to release your inner goddess... no, wait a minute... that's not right. You're... not just a Goddess, you're... Athena! Yeah that's right! Athena the Warrior Goddess. Right now you're the Warrior Princess training to be Queen."

"Huh, that's funny. That's what my dad calls me sometimes, an Amazon Warrior Queen."

"Well there you go. That's what we'll turn you into, a Warrior Queen. With your assets Sweetie that will be easy-peasy." Maddie was obviously fully present. "With those intense white-blue eyes, that height and that oh so impressive physique. Add in your natural beauty and intelligence. The moxie and presentation we'll teach you, plus that sense of dangerous you radiate. Then that Amazon Warrior Queen won't even have to say a word and she'll own the whole conference table and everyone on it! Then, it'll be up to that grade point average and your intelligence to keep them bound to you."

Madeline DeVoe cost me a lot of money. But she was worth every penny. I don't think my company would even be half as successful as it is without her training.

But in retrospection, many years later, as I looked back on this time and Madeline DeVoe's training. I'm not totally sure that she helped me more than the problems she caused me.

Those problems came from my ability to hold two completely different personas. Then the internal tension and conflict those two forces created when they competed within myself.

But like everything else in my life those problems weren't financial, business oriented, or with my personal relationships. They're all within my own emotions, mind and my ultimate view of myself. I seem to have always been my own worst enemy... Also my harshest critic.

Time only allows one first.

(Betsy:)

BAM... it wasn't so much that I'd slapped down on the table hard. I slapped like they had taught me to fall in judo with cup hands and rocking wrists. That's what made it such a loud concussive noise, causing everyone at the table to jump...

Well, everyone jumped at the table except Herr Reinhardt. He turned to look at me but he reacted as I thought he might. By reacting much less than all the others. So maybe my suspicions had some basis after all.

"Well on that note gentleman even though it's a little early I'm calling lunch. But let's return at our normal time, just hopefully more relaxed and constructive. If Herr Reinhardt and Komori-san will remain with me for a little while, I would appreciate that. So gentleman we'll see you after lunch."

It lost some effect that I wanted when I slapped the table as I had to say that small announcement in both German and Japanese.

I realized even before the start of these meetings that many people know at least some English. Even to the extent that those who can't speak it will still be able to understand if it's spoken to them.

But I'd decided before the start of these meetings to use each of their native-languages for greater precision and understanding. There're so many nuances in the spoken language. If I used that native-language I could also use those nuances to get a more complete understanding from each delegation.

Time a memory within a memory.

(Betsy:)

This wasn't the first time I'd asked to meet with Herr Reinhardt and Komori-san separately. Our first meeting was the evening before the negotiations started...

I set that first meeting up to be theatrical and symbolistic. I had brought my Katana with me on this trip and I would use it to show that symbolism. Also to show both men the common interest we shared... swords.

For the theatrical part I staged my entrance and clothing to be just that theatrical. I was showy and dressed to impress just like Madeline DeVoe had taught me so many years ago. In fact my outfit was just a new model of one that she had set up for me.

That evening I sent both men directions and the number of a meeting room within the hotel. I watched for their entrance from a partially closed door across the hall. Fortunately they arrived very close to each other time wise, with Herr Reinhardt arriving last.

Letting a full minute lapse before I stepped into the room after Herr Reinhardt. I didn't slam the door shut, but it was with enough sound to draw both men's attention sharply to me. Pausing a few seconds I just stood there to let them take in my appearance.

I wore a cream colored silk blouse that was custom fitted so it bordered on not being business appropriate. The blouse was of a style that sometimes women wore under a blazer in summer's heat. It was sleeveless plus it also left most of my shoulders and some of my back open, and yet still had a high collar that buttoned up almost to the chin. Its style did as I intended it to, and left some of my upper body musculature visible and intimidating.

The dove gray blazer I wore with this suit was folded over my left arm, and I held my Katana in my right. The matching skirt of this suit was again fitted and again bordered on the edge of not business appropriate.

This left a lot of that musculature in my very long legs visible, plus the charcoal gray 4 inch high heels that I wore. When Madeline had set this outfit up for me I really question her about using these 4 inch heels, I'd never worn high heels before in my life. Wearing 4 inch high heels at my 6 foot 6 height put me approaching 7 foot tall.

She said that there were two reasons; the first being to increase the intimidation factor of my height. But mostly for when I changed shoes, either later that day or the next day, into flats. Then I would subconsciously seem to become more approachable and friendly. But that intimidating first impression would be already set in their minds.

As I took the several steps necessary to greet both men, I let the clack of my heels sound out. I also passed my Katana back and forth between hands as I put on the blazer thus changing from a somewhat casual appearance to a more formal business appropriate. I approached Komori-san first because he was eldest. Then changing into my diminutive 'Clark Kent' persona...

"Konbanwa (good evening) Kowori-san may I present myself as Elizabeth Ann Williamson. If I may be allowed I will be your mediator for these proceedings." I'd bowed deeply to the correct 45° angle with my eyes lowered and I had my Katana presented horizontally across my palms.

"Just as the Bushi (samurai) did to their Shogunate in your culture's history. I symbolically present my sword to you to signify that I will be working for your benefit at these coming meetings.

Rising to stand I swept my arm toward Herr Reinhardt. "If I may be allowed Kowori-san, I wish to present to you Herr Helmut Reinhardt who will be the leader of the German delegation and the contract signing representative of Eisen Haus."

Sliding into my Superman persona, yet a respectful Superman persona I said. "Guten Tag (Hello) schwertbruder (sword brother) Herr Reinhardt." As we both reached out to shake hands, I bypassed his hand and clasped his forearm in the movie theatrical ' Warrior's Handshake.' "I wish to introduce myself as Elizabeth Ann Williamson and I will be the mediator for these proceedings." Then prefaced by; "What I said to Kowori-san. I then reiterated in German what I'd said to Kowori-san... somewhat paraphrased.

Then I continued saying, "like the Japanese samurai the Teutonic Knights also took a knee and presented their sword to Von Edlers (male nobles) or the clergy they were to serve. So I'm symbolically presenting my sword to you as well as Kowori-san. I'm using my sword for more than just its symbolism though."

"The three of us have a common interest in swords. Just as you are a contributor to Wurttembergisches Landesmuseum. Kowori-san is a contributor to NBTHK, the Nihon Bojutsu Token Hozon Kai. Which is dedicated to the preservation of Japanese swords and weaponry?"

"Just like you have an ancestry in the Teutonic orders, Kowori-san has an ancestry in the samurai ruling class. As his past ancestors were the Daimo's of the Mori Han province.

Unfortunately my ancestry is not as illustrious; we're just poor Irish farmers. However, I've been training with master level instructor Taji Toiguchi in Kenjutsu for several years."

"Herr Reinhardt I wish to introduce you to Shijo Komori-san the signing representative of Ga Ryū Hagane (Reclining Dragon Steel) and the leader of the Japanese delegation for these proceedings."

Then I turned to Komori-san and reiterated what I had just told Herr Reinhardt. But as I was doing so I thought that maybe I'd made a mistake in thinking to retain using their native-languages because of the back and forth 'tennis talking' necessary to translate for both sides.

Soon after my introductions and other small administrative discussions that we had to make. We started to get acquainted as individuals with a common interest. They both can speak what I guess would be called broken English, but as we tried to talk in that broken English along with the different syntax and phrasing between languages. Different nuances and emphasis of speech cause me to realize that I hadn't made a mistake. Then again I took over the task of translating... tennis fashion.

Time and task continues.

(Betsy:)

"Gentlemen, I called an early lunch asking you to remain with me rather than going to lunch with everyone else. Because I have a very grave concern." Turning from Herr Reinhardt I said that sentence in Japanese to Komori-san. Continuing in Japanese...

"I require a high degree of professionalism from both myself and my employees. Naturally the most important facet of that professionalism is to remain completely impartial in these negotiations.

I regard my role as a facilitator in these meetings as important as being mediator or negotiator. I believe that my company's duty in these negotiations is to provide some legal structure for reasonable discourse and the exchange of ideas leading toward a purpose. I believe my company's duties all fall within the framework of the meeting itself."

"Of course that changes after the agreement has been made between parties. Then it is the duty of my company to write up the contract that legally specifies that agreement."

"But having said that, part of the impartiality that I require of myself and my company is in the parity of abstention, what I mean by that is that we take no active participation in whether negotiations succeed or fail."

"That is solely up to the participants, especially to what happens outside the meeting parameters. I am neither Judge nor jury in a court room of fair conduct. Polite conduct yes, the old cliché of 'buyer beware' applies to both delegations in these meetings."

"Having said that I don't know if I can stomach continuing to do that in this case."

"Komori-san I have received information a Ga Ryū Hagane Corporation jet has returned to the airport and is being fueled and resupplied. Have you decided on leaving the negotiations? If so, when is your expected departure time?"

"Williamson-san we have not 'completely' made that decision yet. But it will be made either this evening or very early in the meeting tomorrow. If we choose to depart, it will be before the midday meal tomorrow."

Without turning away from Komori-San, and with my back to Herr Reinhardt I asked. "Would you watch Herr Reinhardt for me Komori-san? Then switching to German... "Herr Reinhardt would you please tell Komori-san your wife's name? When there was no response for several seconds I asked again, louder. Herr Reinhardt will you tell Komori-san your wife's name? Again when there was no response...

"It is as I suspected Komori-san; Herr Reinhardt is losing his hearing and has not heard the insults and racial remarks his compatriot has been muttering. So I guess we should try to not be too critical of him. I'm sorry Komori-san that it has taken me this long to realize this disability."

Then I turned to face Herr Reinhardt and reiterated to him in German everything I said to Komori-san. Until I got to where I'd talked to Komori-san about the arrival of their corporate jet then I paraphrased in German...

"... I got information this morning that a Ga Ryū Hagane Corporation jet has returned to the airport here in Düsseldorf. Due to my grave concern I asked Komori-san what their departure time was. He indicated that unless things change, they will depart before lunch tomorrow."

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • Novels and Novellas
  • /
  • Warrior Queen
  • /
  • Page ⁨4⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds