Wild Flower Ch. 18

Miguel took a white rose and held it sweetly in his hands. He was gonna give it to Christian as a way of saying sorry to him for his loss. It was just a little gift and he knew for sure that Christian was gonna love it a whole lot.

It wasn't long before he reached the door. He took a deep breath and tried the door. It wasn't closed. He opened it wide and entered. On entering the house, Miguel was beyond angered with what he saw. His heart started pounding in anger. His body vibrated and he clenched his fists. Carter was cozy inside of Christian's arms and they were both on the couch.

Miguel got really hurt and that moment, he realized that he might have been helping his enemy the entire time. He looked at Christian and remembered all those promises he had given him. Christian might not have been holding Carter but Carter on the other hand had his arms wrapped tightly around Christian's muscles.

He was shocked and angry but he knew what he had to do in that situation. He slowly took a few steps and held the door knob. He started twisting it, making a lot of noise throughout the room. It disrupted their sleep.

Carter woke up when he heard the noise in the room. He had a smile on his face as he woke up in Christian's aroma. It was a dream come true and he had just come from dream land where Christian had been making love to him. It was really beautiful. But suddenly, Carter heard a voice that really scared him and made his heart jump.

"Carter!"

His eyes widened and his mouth gaped. Then a sharp gasp escaped his mouth as he got really scared. He quickly removed his arm from Christian and hurriedly got up to find Miguel standing near the door, looking a little pissed.

"Don!" He gasped, shaking his head.

When Christian heard Miguel's name, he quickly got up in shock as his heart raced in fear. He had no idea what Miguel was doing there but he got really scared. Miguel had probably thought Carter and Christian had been doing something.

"Don, I was actually... well," he didn't even know what to do especially with the look Miguel was giving him. "I was here and I shouldn't have hugged Christian." He felt busted. "It's my entire fault."

Miguel looked at Christian, wondering if he was the same man he had known the past few months. "Are you accustomed to visiting Christian at wee hours of the night?" The tone of his voice scared Carter big time.

"Well, I... I..."

"You don't have to explain yourself." Christian said to Carter, looking at Miguel. "You shouldn't even be here because my mother will see you and she might not appreciate it." He was really concerned about Miguel.

"I was very careful." Miguel said softly. "Unlike you who left the door open." He chuckled bitterly, getting closer to Christian and Carter who was about to start sweating. "I came here because I feel guilty about not being here for you during the hardest moments of your life and that's why..." He paused and slowly raised the flower. "...I brought you this flower as an apology." He chuckled softly, hiding his pain. "It's a rose." He glanced at Carter. "I hope it lasts long, definitely longer than your loyalty Carter."

Carter looked at Miguel and he quickly dropped his eyes to the floor. He had no idea why Miguel had even come there in the first place but he didn't like it at all. He should have just left Christian alone. His body was vibrating in fear.

Miguel smiled sarcastically, shaking his head seductively. "This definitely has come as a surprise." He chuckled teasingly, still looking at Carter. "I now understand why you were so uncomfortable around me. I also understand why you were so reluctant to work for me."

Carter raised his face and tried to open his mouth but his voice was gone.

Miguel couldn't have dreamed of Carter betraying him. He slowly put the rose on the table and continued talking to Carter. Christian was really surprised because he had no idea what Miguel was talking about. Carter was just his friend and that was all.

"He is the reason why you quit?" He asked, smiling maliciously at Carter.

"What are you talking about?" Christian was confused as hell. "I don't think Carter has anything to explain to..."

"You don't need to explain anything." He gave both of them a cold look. Christian didn't know what to do because his love for Miguel was blossoming. "I have seen everything with my own eyes so don't you dare lie to me."

"It's the truth." Carter lied. "Christian was going through a really hard time and I had a lot of reasons why I had quit." He took a deep breath. "I think it's best if I leave you alone."

"Yes!" Christian said harshly. "I think it's for the best too."

Carter quickly left the house and he was hurt. He cursed Miguel for showing up there when he was enjoying his wonderful time with Christian.

Miguel slowly walked to Christian and stared into his eyes. "I can see you still think I killed your father!"

"No!" Christian wanted to hold Miguel and kiss him but something was stopping him. "I am actually trying to prove that it wasn't you."

"Now I understand why he was so spiteful when I told him I loved you." Miguel chuckled bitterly.

"Carter was in your house?" Christian gasped, his eyes widening.

"Yes!" Miguel nodded angrily. "And I asked him to intercede for me, to help me win you back but I can see he was clever and did just the opposite."

Christian could see that Miguel was under the impression that he was cheating on him with Carter and he got scared of losing him. "But I think you've misunderstood..."

"You can't possibly expect me to believe that Carter was actually helping you with the investigation." He said softly.

"He was supporting me." Christian argued, trying to make Miguel understand. "It is not easy for me to deal with the investigation of a homicide, especially if it involves the death of my father."

"What are you really implying?" Miguel said harshly, raising his eyebrow. "So you still think I did it right?" He chuckled when he remembered everything he had been through with Christian. "Where is the love you claimed you felt for me, Christian?"

Christian felt a painful in his throat. His heart started hurting and he wanted to cry.

"I also loved my father but he is dead now!" He said harshly, remembering his wonderful times with Miguel.

Miguel nodded. "And all the love you felt for me?"

Christian felt a sharp pain hit his heart. He knew what he was saying was out of anger and pain. "You need to understand that every one of those feelings have eclipsed into something else."

Miguel felt tears building in his eyes but he was stronger than that. He wasn't gonna cry. He was done crying for someone that couldn't even understand him yet he had told him he loved him.

"It's okay." He slowly nodded. "I will find a way to prove my innocence with evidence! I will show it to you that I had no hand in your father's death."

"You do that!"

"Ooh, I will and by the time I prove myself..." He paused and got closer to Christian as his face got serious. "...it may be too late. Perhaps by then, I'm the one who will want nothing to do with you then. You should always keep in my mind what I told you Christian the first time we started our relationship. I never wanted to get into this relationship but you forced me into it. Either way, I am gonna prove my innocence and it might be too late for the both of us."

Miguel furiously turned and left Christian there all alone. Christian moved his hand forward to try and catch Miguel but it was too late. He remembered all the words Miguel had just said to him and he regretted everything he had said to Miguel. He should have understood him and they would have resolved everything as a couple.

"Perhaps by then, I am the one who will want nothing to do with you then." He remembered his words.

Tears poured down Christian's face in millions, flooding it entirely. He was in so much pain. He felt guilty for what he had just told Miguel. He loved him unlike he had ever loved anyone before. Whether they were gonna end up together or they were gonna break up, Christian knew very well that no one was gonna make him feel the way Miguel made him feel. He was gonna be his greatest love.

"I love you so much, Miguel!" He cried softly as tears landed in his hands. "I just love you so much."

He remained there crying like a little child until almost an hour before he actually stopped. His eyes were red and his heart was in so much pain. His heart was yearning for Miguel but he didn't wanna hurt his mother at all. He loved her too much.

Christian rubbed his tears and slowly cleaned his face. Later, Darren came to his house and Christian tried to look his best although he knew he wasn't fooling anyone.

"Hey buddy!" He greeted, trying to sound really confident.

"I don't even wanna ask." Darren said, sitting on the couch. "I talked to Daniel Rivera about the dragons."

Christian raised his face and looked at Darren. He had no idea if he was up to discuss that topic, especially after his bad conversation with Miguel.

"Anyway, I have been thinking about Brandon Alvarez, La don's lawyer."

"What?" Christian gasped. That name got his attention. "What do you mean by that?"

"Brandon arrived just in time to save Miguel from being arrested." He rubbed on his chin, giving Christian fisheyes. "I think it's really weird that he had the time to call Brandon because when we arrested him, he didn't call anyone but that Brandon just arrived when I was about to arrest him."

Christian frowned, trying to figure out what was going on. "I think you are right." He nodded. "If Brandon arrived just when you were about to arrest Miguel, then it's a bit strange." He knew what he had to do. "I have to get the bottom of this. I am sure that man knows something."

"I know you are gonna try to find out but I want you to be very careful, Christian."

"Don't worry about me." He said harshly. "I can take care of myself."

Christian knew he was now on a mission to find out from Brandon himself how he got to know that Miguel was being arrested. He knew that he was gonna find out the truth if Brandon cooperated with him.

***

Alejandro was at his house with his wife and he was having a great day, especially after helping Miguel. They were watching TV arm in arm. They were like the most wonderful couple in the entire St. Luis. Suddenly, Alex heard his phone ringing. He wondered who it was that was calling but it didn't take him long to find out. It was Daniel Rivera, his friend and ally, well literally.

He looked at his wife and excused himself. He wondered why Daniel was calling him, especially since he had told him to get lost after he had visited him when Hector got lost.

"Hey!" He had to be careful so that his wife didn't hear.

"I have been debating whether to call you or not." Daniel said in a soft tone. He didn't wanna get involved in his past. "But I have an update and it might interest you."

"What?" Alex gasped, glancing at his wife who was glued on the TV. "What is it?"

Daniel took a sigh of relief. "There is a detective from Sumitria. His name is Darren and he has been prying and asking questions about the dragons."

The moment Alex heard that, his eyes almost popped out of his socket. He got a little scared as his heart pounded deeper in his chest. He was trembling and he had no idea why. He just couldn't afford anyone to find out about his past.

"I will come and meet you right now."

Alex cut the call and quickly went up to his room and got dressed. He came back to the living room and told Laura that he had to go out for something really important.

"What?" Laura gasped, hurriedly getting up from the couch. "Where are you going at this time of the night? Are you having an affair?"

"What?" Alex chuckled, looking at his wife. "Don't be so absurd. Why would I cheat on you?"

"But you are going at such..."

"I am not cheating on you." He kissed her on the lips to make her feel better. "I will see you later tonight."

Without getting a word from her, Alex quickly left the house and drove as quickly as he could to the place where he was supposed to be meeting with Daniel. It wasn't long before he reached there and found Daniel waiting for him there.

Daniel Rivera was a tall, muscular, really handsome cute guy. He was in his mid 40s and had little grey hair which made him look handsome. He had deep grey eyes, tan skin and wonderful physique. He was wearing a simple t-shirt which was really tight and showed his beautiful muscles. He had a blue jean on him and black shores. His hair was cut short.

Daniel Rivera was a single guy because he couldn't afford to get married like his friends after what had happened in his past. His past had been haunting him and hence the reason why he had opened up a foundation for abused men and women. It was the least he could do to pay for his past sin.

"Yes! I am here." Alex said abruptly, sitting on the chair. "Tell me everything."

Daniel took a deep breath, rolling his eyes. "You know how much I hate being involved in these kinds of things and..."

"So do I?" Alex gasped, rubbing on his hands. "But I have no choice but to meet you after what has been happening. Anyway," He cleared his throat. "Tell me about this detective?"

"Okay." Daniel looked at his friend. "Darren knows way too much about the dragons. I don't what how but he has been asking me a lot of questions about them and how I knew Antonio Spencer. He was just from my office and he had asked a lot of questions."

"I hope you didn't you tell him anything." Alex quavered.

"Do you think I am stupid?" Daniel snapped then took a sigh. "Anyway, he didn't mention your name because you weren't studying in the same school with Antonio."

Phew! Alex felt as if he had just breathed some fresh air which gave him life. He had thought he was busted but he was sure that Darren or whoever he was, wasn't gonna find out about anything at all.

"That Darren is onto us." Daniel quavered, feeling really scared. "And the bad thing is that he happens to be Christian's friend."

"What?"

Alex hated Christian so much and he knew he had to keep a very close eye on the Darren idiot. If he dug too much then he was gonna have no choice but to waste him. For almost 21 years, the existence of the dragons had been a mystery. No one knew about them and it was gonna remain so.

***

Miguel had already arrived home and he was angrier than ever. He could still remember Carter in Christian's arms. It was hurting him even more when he remembered his conversation with Carter the previous day. He had trusted him. And to think they he had thought they had a stronger connection. He was nothing but a backstabbing bitch. Miguel felt betrayed. To almost think he had thought of Carter like a big brother. Big brother indeed. He was nothing but a wolf.

Meanwhile, Brian was really worried about Miguel's anger. He didn't need to ask him but from that angry look on his face and the way he was just looking like, he knew Miguel was really mad.

"I am sure you are like this because you had gone to see Christian."

Miguel passed Brian without saying anything to him. He went over to his whisky and poured himself a glass. He needed to relax and forget about everything. He went back to the living room, sat down to drink it in peace.

"I am sure your visit must have not gone well." He sat down with Miguel.

Miguel looked angrily at Brian, taking a deep breath. "I had found them sleeping together."

Now Brian was confused. "Who are you talking about?" he frowned.

Miguel glanced at Brian, chuckling sinisterly. "The dead fly or as you know him, the sandwich seller."

To say Brian was really shocked would be an understatement. So much was going on in his mind and he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He was pretty sure that Carter would never do that. He had seemed like a pretty honesty.

"But how is that possible?" Brian gasped.

"Everything is possible." Miguel said hoarsely, clenching on his glass. He chuckled bitterly, feeling really foolish. "I helped the guy when he needed it the most." He yelled, his angry voice filling the entire living room. "And what did he do to me? I can't believe that I brought up a crow to pick my own eye." He took a sip of the whisky and felt really evil. "But Carter you haven't seen the last of me..."

Miguel sat there, taking his whisky and thinking about what he was gonna do to Carter. On the other hand, Brian was looking at Miguel and from the way he was looking like, he was almost sure that Miguel was thinking about doing something to Carter. It got him somehow scared.

"Miguel!"

"What?" He answered rudely.

"Please, try to think what you are saying." He knew he had to defend Carter. "It isn't probably what you are thinking. You shouldn't hurt Carter at all."

Miguel couldn't believe it. "Excuse me!" he shrugged. "Who said anything about hurting Carter? And even I was why are you defending him, uh?"

Brian chuckled softly. "I am doing it because Carter is still young and so full of life. I also think you are reading too much into this."

"And since when did I become younger than Carter?" Miguel asked angrily. "Besides, Carter isn't as innocent as we both think." He chuckled bitterly, clenching his fists. "He is way smarter than the rest. I am sure that Christian might be seduced by his apparent purity and I don't need to tell you what that is gonna do to my relationship with Christian. I can't let that happen."

"But..."

"Brian!" Miguel said harshly, giving him an angry. "If you want to lecture someone then I suggest you go and apply at a university and leave me alone. By the way," he gave him fisheyes. "You are supposed to be here to give me tips on what to do and not side with a backstabber. You know the only thing I can never forgive is betrayal. It seems you are not helping me so just leave me alone."

"You are sometimes impossible."

Brian furiously left the room. He didn't like how Miguel spoke to him at times.

Miguel was left alone in the company of his whisky. He didn't like betrayal and he hated people that betrayed him. What was he gonna do about Carter?

***

Laura and Ximena were having a talk. Laura was suspecting that Alejandro was cheating on her and she told Ximena about her suspicions about Alex. She even went ahead and told her about a tattoo that Alex had when they first met.

Ximena thought it was absurd that she would mistrust Alejandro over a tattoo. On the other hand, Laura didn't understand what Ximena was still doing with Brandon since she had her head in the clouds over the new guy she was fucking.

Ximena told Laura that all couples fought once in a while but that wasn't the reason to break up. Laura told Ximena that she and Alejandro might fight once in a while but at least they loved each other.

At that moment, Ximena felt a bit nauseous and Laura suggested that she might be pregnant. Ximena thought it was absurd but she knew that she had been doing it raw with both men. Laura got her a kit and told her to find out for sure. But she knew that she wasn't gonna know who the father of her child was but at least it was a step in the right direction.

***

Brandon was in his car on his way to the office. He was slowly driving, dressed beautifully in a black designer's suit. He had an evil grin on his face and not even the nightmare he had was preventing him from being happy that he was gonna see Miguel's pretty face. He had been dreaming about it the rest of the morning but now he was gonna see his face. He was almost near the office when all of a sudden... Brandon saw Christian standing right in the middle of the road. He had blocked him, leaving him no place to pass.

Brandon stopped the car furiously and got out. He was really angry and he didn't like that the bastard had ruined his wonderful moment. His heart was pounding so much. He had a glower in his face and his fists were trembling terribly.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 243 milliseconds