A Fool for You

"I could just come to your place, and we can dissect this party and our long engagement," he chuckled.

"Still waiting for the replacement ring," she laughed.

*****

The band came fifth in the online voting for the Aprilfool's Day Heroes contest. That meant they didn't get a spot in the live semi-finals but the publicity generated by having the clip up on the station's web page was enough for Red to book them bigger and better gigs. It also cultivated a loyal fan base that guaranteed their gigs always went over well no matter where they played.

The rest of that year was a whirlwind for Suzie as the band took off and her mother became more accepting of her choice to defer her education in favour of living her life. In the end, she too compromised and agreed to go back to the Conservatorium as a part-time student the following year. She wanted to write music more than she ever wanted to play it and she knew she needed the training to be taken seriously.

With the band playing gigs every weekend, she and Quade took every opportunity to spend time together during the week and eventually gave up the pretence of living separate lives and moved in together in October, six months after they had started dating. Harry had finally backed off seeing how happy they were together and found a relationship of his own. Even Eks had been dating a range of people and seemed surprisingly happy to be out of the closet as bisexual.

It came as no great shock to anyone except maybe Harry when Eks asked Danny about his love life one night after a gig when the band was winding down with a few drinks almost a year after their fifteen minutes of fame had ended.

"I'm gay, so no, there is no sexy fan girly in my sights," Danny sighed after ten minutes of Eks badgering him to tell them who he was seeing.

"Okay fanboy then," Eks shrugged, "I'm not one to judge."

"I'm not seeing anyone, okay?" Danny answered with another sigh. "This is why I don't talk to you people," he huffed.

"Ooh, a reason to check out the men in the bar," Harry's girlfriend enthused. "What's your type? That guy over there is pretty cute," she suggested pointing at a tall, lanky man at the bar.

"No," he said reluctantly his eyes flickering to Eks for help.

"I'd do him," Eks said without any qualms.

"You've got a better chance of doing me than him," Danny interjected. "He's straight."

"Shame about that whole no dating band members thing, you two would make a great couple," Suzie grinned.

"Pffft, I only made that rule up so Red and Harry would stop hitting on you," Eks laughed. "Mostly Red," he amended after a pained looked from Harry.

"Great then let's do it," Danny said with a perfectly straight face. "Give me your best Sexy Eksy pick-up-line."

"Danny I think you and I could have a really stable relationship," Eks grinned trying not to laugh as he placed a hand on his crotch, "because of my horse cock!" He burst out laughing as everyone else groaned. "Get it stable, horse," he laughed harder.

"Alright, we got it, that was pretty good, take me home and I'll let you ride me," Danny said dryly making everyone laugh all the more.

"Wait! What?" Harry was staring at them in disbelief.

"It is what it is little brother," Eks got up and kissed Danny taking the seat beside him and holding his hand still struggling not to laugh.

"Shit it's twelve thirty already," Suzie looked at her watch.

"Why what's up?" Quade asked in a worried voice.

"They just stole my thunder but," she paused and turned to Quade. She slipped from her chair to one knee and held out a small box. "It's been a great year so I was wondering, would you marry me?" The table went silent, and they all watched as Quade sat there stunned for long minutes. Then she grinned and opened to box to reveal a yellow plastic ring with a huge blue diamond shaped lollipop on the top.

"Oh my God, Yes! Of course, I will marry you," his hand fluttered out in front of him. "Put it on put it on!" He squealed like a girl.

"We might have to get it resized," Suzie giggled and took the ring pushing it halfway up his finger before it stopped moving.

"I don't care it's the most beautiful ring in the world," he held it up in front of his face and cried, "Oh I'm getting married! I'm so happy! You can all be bridesmaids!"

"What the fuck is going on over here," Red growled angrily as he came back from schmoozing with the manager to see what all the laughter was about.

"As far as I can tell," Harry's girlfriend frowned. "Eks and Danny have just hooked up, and Suzie just proposed to Quade and they're having their wedding in Candyland judging by the ring, and these guys are going to be the bridesmaids." Red narrowed his eyes and looked at the grins on the band member's faces.

"Do you want a lick of my ring?" Quade offered holding the ring up to Red's face, and they all began laughing again.

"Just as well you're all in a good mood, we didn't get paid because that last set sucked," he said angrily.

"What?"

"He can't do that!"

"We kicked ass! Get back in there and fight for us," the band members immediately began to shout at him.

"Ah," he drew out the sound pointing around the circle at them. "Aprilfool's!" He laughed loudly. "You two can stop holding hands now," he said dismissively to Eks and Danny. "As for you," he pointed at Quade, "Get her a proper ring," he shook his head. "You can't fool a fool, your idiot's."

"In all serious," Quade stifled his laughter. "I did get her a proper ring and while I hadn't planned to do it quite like this. It's good that you're all here because, without you, we never would have found each other." He picked up his wallet and drew out a small velvet envelope. "Suzie, I know it's not as big or as pretty as the ring you gave me," he took the diamond solitaire from the small velvet case and held it up to her, but will you marry me," he asked suddenly serious and worried about her answer.

"Seriously?" Suzie looked from the ring to his face.

"Say yes, you can always change your change your mind and call it a Joke," Eks laughed.

"Seriously," Quade said with certainty.

"Yes," she grinned and held out her hand for him to slip the ring on noting that it was a perfect fit. "You can all be bridesmaids she announced to the band."

"Quade did ask me first," Eks said sadly still holding Danny's hand, "But Harry looks good in a dress, he'll swap teams I am sure, being your BFF and all."

"Only if I can be the maid of honour," Harry said with an air of finality.

"Who else would I choose," she laughed, "Wait until you see the gorgeous frock I have picked out for you." The table rang with laughter again, and she kissed Quade deeply. "I love you," she whispered when the kiss broke.

"I am one hundred percent a fool for you," he said softly, "I couldn't be happier."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 30 milliseconds