After The Wife Walks In

"Kevin, your dues were due three months ago. Since I am no longer your wife, and it wasn't awarded in the divorce, I don't pay your dues any longer. You and your younger concubine could have paid them at any time, but that is no longer my problem. Now, please excuse me, I'm tired and want to go home." She took a step.

"I'm talking to you god damn it!" He grabbed her arm. "You need to pay that bill and apologize to my client or I'm fucked. I have bills to pay, you stupid frigid cunt!" He was shaking her.

"Let go of me Kevin." Marcella looked at her ex-husband and wondered when he turned into a lunatic.

"Are you going to pay the damn bill?" He started again.

"You heard the lady, let go... asshole!" At six one, when Kyle walked up he looked down at the older man.

"This is private business. Leave us alone!" Kevin hissed, not taking his eyes off his target.

"Once you let go and Ms. Estrada is in her car, then I'll leave." Kyle took a step forward so he could intervene if needed.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" He asked Marcy, but Kyle answered.

"I'm the son of a bitch that's going to kick your ass, if you don't let go of her arm." He put his hand on Kevin's shoulder. "I'll count to three. One... two...." His grip tightened on each number. He didn't have to say three.

"This isn't over Marcy." Kevin hissed as he stomped away.

"Are you okay...? Who was that asshole?" Kyle looked at Marcella and saw the fear.

"That was Mr. Nelson, my ex-husband." She bit her lip. "He keeps forgetting the ex part." She sighed and turned to thank her savior.

"Ah, I see." He smiled and tried to lighten the mood. "And now I hope you see my point. Mr. Nelson wanted to do business with you, if you wanted him to or not. It was only the threat of greater violence that deterred him from getting violent with you." He tried to tease her. "Hey, I didn't make the rules, I just live by them. Do you need me to follow you home, or call security?" He saw her shaking.

"No, no thank you. I'll be fine. He was just irritated because I'm not paying his bills anymore." She tried to smile. "He'll become reasonable once the shock wears off or I'll take him to court again. Or, I could remind him of a certain video of him and his new friend taken before we were divorced." She didn't know why she said that.

"Well, that confirmed a few things for me." He smiled at her raised brow. "One, he's an idiot for cheating on you. Two, you're single... and three I'm interested. Take care Professor Estrada. You might want to park closer if you can, so he can't ambush you again." He gave her a jaunty salute and walked away as she tried to get her mouth to move.

Marcella must have practiced her speech for Mr. Miller a thousand times over the weekend. She knew she had to set the ground rules. She couldn't get involved with a student, no matter how handsome or how many times he saved her from harm. She just couldn't allow herself to date a student, especially one who was that much younger than her. It was sordid. Something you might read out of one of those trashy bulk novels you could find that the checkout line and the grocery store. It could never happen in real life. Besides she was his teacher.

*****

"So, tell me about this chick you're spacing on?" His buddy was asking him when Kyle turned down chasing some local bar fly.

"She's not some bimbo you'd find in a place like this. She's a college professor. A fucking knock-out too." Kyle smiled.

"Oh, look who's getting all above us now. A couple of semesters of school and you're all better than us down here in the trenches." His friend slurred from the three drinks too many he had already.

"Dude, you're drunk." Kyle laughed and slapped his shoulder.

"Yeah well... I'm more drunk than I should be, but not as half as drunk as I want to be. Get another round, I have to piss." He ping ponged his way to the back of the bar where the facilities were.

Kyle looked at his friend and wondered if he remembered they weren't twenty anymore. All he knew was he had a meeting first thing Monday morning, to beat into the heads of the people who thought they should be running the business. It didn't seem to matter that he owned over sixty percent. If they wanted to keep it status quo until he learned enough to take it over, they needed to remember who the real boss was.

"So, I met this fox by the bathroom." His friend slurred as he stumbled back. "I might take her home and show her a good time." He took the beer bottle and slogged it back. "Catch'ya later dude, don't do anything I would." His friend bounced back to where he came from and Kyle tossed a couple of twenties on the bar.

"Leaving already Kyle?" The waitress asked. "I was hoping that we could talk once Paul left."

"Sorry Shirley, I have home work and a business to run. Maybe next time." He smiled good naturedly, knowing he didn't want any of what she was selling. He might want a family, but not a readymade family. As far as he knew, she had three kids from three different dads and he wasn't in line to be number four.

*****

Monday morning, Kyle was getting ready to use his dad's favorite silk tie to garrote the asshole at the other end of the table. He was droning on about profit share and market values. Everything he could think of to let Kyle know just how unprepared he was to take over the business. Kyle was getting tired of it.

"Are we still profitable? Is there any problems that need my immediate attention? If not, then copy me on the documents and I'll have my guy look over the numbers." He sighed, cutting off the old wind bag.

"Well the only other issue is the selloff of the stock, bringing your shares down fewer than fifty percent, where they should be." One back stabber said in a snide voice. "We voted last week but you never showed up for that vote. We need you to...."

"Who thinks they have the balls to make me sell my shares?" He stood up. "I own my five percent that I got when I was twenty one. I own my mother's twelve point whatever percent after she died from breast cancer. And I own the fifty two percent from my father's will. So unless I flunked math, I basically own this fucking company. You cannot get enough shares to think about a takeover or proxy battle. And you can't buy me out because I'm not selling! Whose brain fart was this any way?" He looked down the table.

"We are the board of directors." The smart ass in the middle said. "We've have put our years in. This is our company, not yours; just because your father stroked out on us." He stood up.

"Galen, was this your idea?" Kyle pinned him with a stare.

"Of course. I deserve my extra shares. Not some snot nosed punk." He spit out and the rest of the men started shaking their heads.

"Cool, take your seven percent and get the fuck out of here. You're fired!" Kyle shouted him down.

"You can't...." He sputtered indignantly.

"Walk out or I'll forcibly kick you out. By the end of business, your shares will be transferred from voting shares to holding shares. Now, get the fuck out of my building!" He took one step toward the man.

"We need seven members or the corporation folds." The old crone at the end of the table said as Galen fled the violence in Kyle's eyes.

"Darcy, get your ass in here." He slammed his fist on the intercom.

"Yes sir...?" She scurried in, looked at him, and wondered what he did this time.

"How long have you been with the company?" Kyle asked, knowing she was one of the first people his dad hired.

"I, um, was with the company before it was a company Kyle... um, sir." She remembered Kyle as a sweet little boy that would come in with his father. She kept a stash of candy in her drawer just in case he showed up.

"Good, sit down. You've been promoted to Galen's spot on the board." He looked at the men and they paled. "All in favor sit down... all opposed get the fuck out!" He was done with their bullshit. "Motioned carried, next business!"

After the business meeting finished, Kyle was sitting in his dad's chair looking at Darcy. "I hope I can trust you to keep me from fucking up too bad." He was tired of the petty bickering.

"If your mother was here, she'd wash your mouth out with soap young man." Darcy said, secure in the knowledge that Kyle would never fire her. He might shout and threaten, but just like his father, he would never fire her.

"Sorry Darcy, but those stuff shirts chapped my ass." Kyle sighed. "I need to talk to Galen's assistant to see if she wants to follow her lover out of the building." He sighed and took off the tie.

"I'd say trapped paramour instead." Darcy quirked her brow. "I'll take her if no one else will." Darcy offered knowing more than she was telling. There wasn't much Darcy didn't know about the business or the people working there.

"Let me talk to her first. You can stay if you want." Kyle rubbed his head and looked at the pile of homework he had to finish before school the next day. Darcy wondered how he was going to handle the timid Kristen. She didn't have to wait long.

"You know I canned Galen today... are you staying or are you following him out the building?" Kyle asked bluntly.

"Kyle... glove the fist." Darcy said looking at Kristen.

"I'd rather stay sir, if I can." She was shaking and looked like she was going to faint.

"Then why were you having sex with a married man who was a member of the board?" Kyle didn't take the hint.

"Because I'm a single mother of two and I can't afford to lose this job sir. I didn't have a choice and still have a job." Tears started falling.

"Kyle... don't make me come over there." Darcy said urgently. "Look at the poor girl, she scared witless." She looked at Kyle and shook her head at him. He was so like his father it was scary.

"Why..? Are you really frightened of me?" Kyle asked the woman.

"Speak truthfully, and you will not be punished." Darcy added, motioning for the woman to sit down before she fell down.

"I need the job and Galen said.... I couldn't ever think of finding a job that pays the same if he gave me a bad review... and my kids. And, and...." She wrung her hands and tears started falling again.

"Did my father know?" Kyle asked irritated.

"It didn't happen until Galen took over the corner office after your father passed away." She assured Kyle.

"So, he made you chose your job or sex? We're talking play for pay here, right?" He looked at her trying to see if she was lying to him.

"Yes Sir. He, he, he... I can't talk about it, but he made me or I'd lose my job." She gasped.

"KYLE...! She thinks you're going to fire her." Darcy shouted at him. He saw her look and flinched back.

"Fire her; hell... you said you were going to take her on." He looked at Darcy. "I just needed to know if I could trust her." He sat back. "Kristen, I want you to write it all up and have it on my desk before you go home... no scratch that. Have it on Darcy's desk ASAP." He rubbed his head as the woman looked at Darcy with the question in her eyes.

"And what am I supposed to do with it?" Darcy asked.

"Copy it; verify the facts so I can nail Galen to a tree if he ever tries to cause us problems. Then I want you to do an internal audit and see if any of the other ladies in the office have had to deal with the same kind of bullshit. If they have, I want the heads of the perpetrators on the front fence. This is your project and you answer only to me on it. Kristen should know who to talk to. Clean my house ladies; I don't want this filth in my business."

"What about me sir?" Kristen asked confused.

"Talk to Darcy about that! She's your new boss. Darcy, look into some counseling if necessary. Just keep it legal and that as a company, we were not at fault. To press the point ladies, I want a memo out first thing tomorrow. If this shit is found, it means instant termination for cause. Handle the rest through HR." he waved off the problem as handled.

"He almost sounds like his father.' Darcy smiled. "What if I didn't take the seat on the board?"

"Watch it, or I'll make you chairman... err woman of the board." Kyle smiled of the first time. "Hey, that might just...."

"Don't even think about it." Darcy warned. "Keep studying. You're doing great. I already have enough to explain." She smiled a Kyle, but he wasn't done.

"I want you to comb through the business and find me two other women who might be qualified and able to sit on the board. I think the top has been the good ole boy club for too long. But, I don't want to fuck over the business for trying to bring it into this century. Have the names on my desk by next board meeting just in case I have to have a repeat performance of today. Oh and don't forget to claim Galen's shares of voting stock. They go with the position and log his as holding stock before he can try and sell them to one of the other members or a competitor."

"What do you want me to put on his termination package?" Darcy was scribbling in short hand.

"One, Kristen should be taking notes, not you. You are no longer a secretary, assistant, or whatever title you held when you came to work today. You are a senior vice president... title to be determined. Run it all through Gary and make it work. Kristen is your assistant as of this date and this time... come on Darcy you know the drill." He sighed and smiled at her. "Practices inconsistent with the position he was holding. If he pushes, have it for harassment of female employees and whatever they call that bullshit he tried to pull in the meeting... not eligible for rehire."

"Severance package...?" Kristen asked taking notes from Darcy and smiling for the first time since she walked in.

"None, zip, nada fucking dime, other that his pay as of this date and any accrued vacation." Kyle answered with some heat.

"He has a contract...." Darcy said looking at Kyle with new eyes.

"And he violated it in more than once just today, in front of the board, and in his moral obligations to the company and co-workers. No wiggle room on this one girls. If he is a lying cheat in his marriage, then what's to stop him from being a lying cheat in my business? If it hits the oscillator, we'll help the wife, unless she has cheated too and then they can fend for themselves."

"But the morals clause hasn't been enforced for years." Kristen looked up shocked.

"It's there and I want it enforced completely. Go over it with Gary and make the necessary changes. Give everyone fair notice and then clean house. I wouldn't want to marry a cheat and I won't have them in my business. Just like with the military, no fraternization in the ranks. We can't charge them for adultery, but we sure the hell can fire someone for it."

"What if it has nothing to do with work?" Darcy smiled at his old fashion attitude.

"A cheat is a cheat is a cheat...! Same goes for a thief. I don't want either one here." He looked at his books again. "Anything else before I have to get out of here?"

"What if you fall in love with someone at work?" Kristen asked wide eyed.

"As long as they are not in the same command structure, and it doesn't affect work, I don't have a problem with it. But, I don't want another situation where a boss has the power to force someone into sex or lose their job. Darcy will be the head of that department. So, if she can do a transfer, then fine. If not, then someone needs to have to guts to be honest about what's happening. Look I know I'm running afoul with this, just use some common sense here. Run it all past Gary and let me know what going on before I sign and make it company policy."

"Why me Kyle...?" Darcy wanted to know and still wondering what she was going to tell her husband.

"Because I know and trust you. You knew dad better than anyone here and I need someone I can trust doing this until can I finish school. Once I take full control of the business, we'll re-adjust if necessary." He opened the top button of the shirt that was strangling him. "Now before anything else, I need to get out of this monkey suit and get to work." He waved them out and was shocked as they both got up quietly and headed to the door.

"Was his father that way?" Kristen asked, looking at Kyle.

"And then some...." Darcy smiled. "You've only been here since William got sick the last time. Now, maybe we can get back to the way it's supposed to be." Darcy smiled as she closed the door.

Kyle was unaware that the sun had set and he needed to go home, when his door opened. "God Damn-it kid! It's like William is still here." Gary, the company's lawyer and silent partner, said as he strode into Kyle's office. "I'm going to have to get a junior officer in here to keep it all straight. You have no idea the confusing messages I had to sift through today." He sat on the edge of the big desk.

"Hey Gary, sorry I dumped the shit bucket on your head today." Kyle was tired but had ten more pages to go over.

"Shit bucket..." He chuckled. "I haven't had this much fun since before your dad got sick the first time." Gary smiled. "Galen was nothing but a butt kisser from the get go. Give him an inch and his head ballooned up to where he thought he was god." He sighed. "You have some of the other older members a bit worried though."

"As long as they work for the best interest of the business, their jobs and places are secure; until I can take over the day to day operations. If they try the bullshit like Galen, tell them to find a soft place to land." Kyle closed his book. "Clancy is the only one I'd offer a golden handshake. He's earned it in my dad's book."

"I'll let him know. He's looking at retiring anyway." He moved some of Kyle's books out of his way. "So, if I sent over Becky...? You know the one who looks like sex on a stick, to be your new assistant?" Gary smiled evilly.

"After the fraternization clause I hit you over the head with... what an example that would set. Besides if rumors got started, her girlfriend would have my ass on a platter." He looked at Gary like he turned zombie all of a sudden.

"How did you...? Never mind, it was just a thought." Gary smiled. "Take a bit of advice from an old friend. Don't let this business kill you. Go find someone who you want to go home to."

"Well I have my eye on someone, but right now, she thinks I'm beneath her notice." Kyle smiled. "Working on it though..."

"What's her name, I'll check her out." Gary perked up.

"Yeah right... a bit early for that Gary..." Kyle chuckled. "She will call me nothing but Mr. Miller, yet. Let me at least get to first base before your vetting her as my wife. And keep that pre-nup in the drawer." Kyle warned him.

"I'd never be so crass. I have more tact then that. Nothing would happen until I thought you were actually serious about her. So, who is she anyway?" Gary asked when Kyle was reading a passage in one of his books.

"One of my professors.... God damn it Gary...! Leave it alone." Kyle was pissed and Gary was smiling.

"Well at least it's a place to start. Get some sleep. Cramming never really works. You have to be awake before you can retain the information. I used to take a series of naps so I had some sleep to take my tests." Gary waved and headed out the door.

"Thanks Gary, I'll have a hide-a-bed installed." He started putting his stuff away so he could go out and eat.

"Go home Kyle, I know it's hard, but it is your home. You don't have to stay in the company's condo. Renovate it, do what you have to, but go home." Gary said kindly.

"When I earn it, I'll take it back or sell it. I haven't decided yet." Kyle sighed and they walked out of the door and turned off the lights.

*****

"So, I hear Kevin is being an ass again." Joyce and Marcella were walking the infield track. "Why don't you just show your kids that video?" She was breathing hard, but was able to keep up with her long legged friend.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 18 milliseconds