After The Wife Walks In

"I will not stoop to his level. Our son Richie refuses to talk to him and I refuse to put a barrier in between him and his other children." She shrugged. "No matter what he's done to me, he was a good father and I hope he remembers that before what's her name's baby is born." Her face twisted in pain.

"I know how to get a smile out of you." Joyce changed the subject. "So, tell me about Mr. chiseled and intense in your class... you know the one, so don't even try it." She scoffed as Marcella looked like she was going to balk.

"That would be Mr. Miller, a solid B student." She said and looked over to the bleachers. "And he looks like he is stalking me." She pointed.

"If I was single, he could stalk me any time." Joyce wiggled her eyebrows. "Why don't you dump the frump mode you've been in and take him for a tumble? Might work some of the kinks out... as it were." Joyce smiled meaningfully.

"He is a student and I'm his teacher. How would that look?" Marcella sighed and looked again. "Where did he go?" Kyle was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, he's good." Joyce breathed. "Made sure he was noticed and then made himself scarce. He's not a stalker sweetheart, he just making his intentions known without being an ass about it."

"I'm way too old to fall for a student. How very bad television. I don't need another soap opera." Marcella didn't want to think about what seeing him made her feel. She didn't want to think about the drop in her stomach when he was gone either. When they got back to where they left their towels and jackets, on each was sitting a rose. On Joyce's was a white rose; on Marcella's was a deep red one.

"He has style. You have to give him that. And a clear sense of propriety." Joyce said thoroughly impressed.

"What do you mean...?" She sniffed her rose. It had been since forever since anyone brought her a flower.

"White for friendship, red for love." Joyce smiled. "We got to get back, and let me know what Mr. Miller does next." They headed in opposite direction to get to their next classes.

That evening after class, and feeling his eyes on her the whole night, Marcella wasn't surprised to find him waiting at the corner of the building. "Mr. Miller you do not need to walk me to my car after every class." She sighed and was thankful that he didn't listen to her.

"It is my pleasure to make sure you are not accosted on your way home Professor Estrada." He bowed and matched her steps. "Besides I have a question I'd like to ask you about my class work."

'Oh god, don't let him ask for a deference.' She thought, not wanting to hear the words from Kyle.

"In the substructure of a successful business, what is the true importance of the morality clause?" Kyle asked to see how much of a mess he made of his father's business.

"That's not for a couple of chapters." She looked at him. "Although true morality has seemed to go by the wayside; if you look closely; companies like Chick-A-Fila, Target, Wal-Mart and Sam's club, while Mr. Walden ran things. Were based on their moral code and re-investing into the local communities. I think that the lack of clear morals has precipitated many of the downfalls of these companies that thought they were too big to fail." Her arm tingled when they brushed against each other.

"What about clear and defined gender roles?" Kyle asked wanting to put his arm around her. He could see them, taking long walks, talking about their days.

"I think it should be more about talent and ability. Ones gender, other than for reproduction, should have no bearing on where a person's abilities lay." She said and wanted to scoot closer and gather his radiating heat.

"Should a woman have to choose between family and business?" Kyle asked, not wanting the conversation to end, even though they were standing by her car.

"That, Mr. Miller; is a topic for another time." She cracked a small smile. "I have to get home and so do you. Don't forget the essay and I'll see you in a couple of days." She got in her car and started it. She backed out and drove away before she threw herself into his arms and captured the kiss she knew was there waiting for her.

She thought of Mr. Miller all the way home. She was still thinking about him when she walked into the house and the cold hit her in the gut. She looked at the completely different looking living room, but it didn't matter. No matter how many times she pained or rearranged the furniture, she could still see the old floral couch and them rutting like wild animals. Their words screamed in her head and she sighed at the stack of bills she had to sort through.

She was able to keep her house, but just barely. She had to borrow against her retirement to pay for his portion. She knew she had added ten more years before she was even close to finically secure as she was the day she caught them. She thought of the unfairness of it all. She didn't do anything wrong, but she was the one who ended up paying for his infidelity. The phone rang and she jumped.

"Hello Joyce, I just got home." She sighed.

"Sorry mom, it's just me. But, I need to ask you a favor." Her son's voice came over the receiver.

"Okay shoot." Marcella said and pulled out her box dinner, put it in the microwave and hit the button. "I have three minutes until dinner."

"Are you eating one of those meals made out of cardboard again?" Her son asked and sighed. "Anyway, Carrie is pregnant again and we don't have the room or the money to get a bigger place. I was hoping if we could stay with you until we could save up some money for something bigger? It would only be for a little while." He promised her.

"Famous last words..." Marcella smiled. Maybe that was her problem. Maybe the house was just too empty. They talked about it for an hour and well past the time her box dinner had been tossed in the trash. Marcella told her son to bring the family over on the weekend and they could talk about it some more. She said her goodbyes and hung up.

The next day when she went into her office, she saw a bouquet of flowers sitting by her door. She picked them up and like all women, sniffed their fragrance. She picked out the little card from the bright flowers and read the note.

'I saw these and thought of you. Have a great day. Kyle.' She smiled and closed her door. Setting the flowers where she could see them, she went about grading her papers. She taught her morning class and was surprised to find Joyce in her office at lunch.

"Someone has an admirer." Joyce smiled. "I grabbed a vase from my office to put these in some water when I noticed them starting to wilt." She arraigned them perfectly. "So is this Kyle who I think he is?" She looked over her shoulder.

"That would be an educated guess. He is listed as Miller, K on my sheet." She sat down setting her stuff off to the side.

"I bet you like to have him on your sheets." Joyce teased.

"Please... I'm old enough to be his mother probably." She sighed as the vase sparkled on her desk. "I'm sure he can find more than enough company to keep his sheets occupied. I am not now or ever will be that desperate to date one of my students. Especially one like Mr. Miller. I would hate to think of my reputation if he got the highest grade in my class because we were seen together." She shook her head, trying to clear the picture of tangled sheets from her mind.

"Yeah, well from what I saw... don't stand around anything flammable when he walks you to your car. You both were throwing off sparks the other night." She smoothed down her cashmere sweater. And adjusted her Hermes scarf.

"He's been doing that since the incident with Kevin. He also asks some of the most intriguing questions." Marcella looked out her window and saw his vehicle. "Speak of the devil." Her pulse jumped.

"Well, let's go for our walk. I bet I'll spot him before you do." Joyce laughed and started walking out the door.

"I need to nip this in the bud." Marcella sighed and dreading doing what she knew had to be done.

Joyce looked at her friend like she had lost her sanity. "Let's see how observant he is from afar." She took off her scarf and sweater and mixed them up with Marcella's jacket and muffler. She smiled when the items were in their proper place and a candy bar was on hers and a set of three chocolate hearts were on Marcella's.

The next evening, during class, she looked at Mr. Miller and wondered what was going on in his head. She looked at how he was sitting and noticed something that made her blush. 'He couldn't be that way because of me.' She tried to convince herself.

"Mr. Miller, I'd like a word with you after class." She finally said as everyone was gathering up their supplies and were heading out.

"Yes Ma'am?" Kyle asked wetting his lips as he stood in front of her.

"It has come to my attention that you might have formed some kind of attachment to me." She held her breath hoping she didn't sound like a fool.

"And so...?" Kyle asked, letting her have the control of the conversation for now.

"And, what do you foresee doing about this attraction?" Marcella was out of her depth and she knew it.

"Ask you out on a date once I was sure you might return some of the attraction." Kyle shrugged.

"Do you realize how inappropriate that would be?" She sighed as her middle went to mush. "I am your teacher. I have the superior position. How would that look if it was in a business environment?" She hated doing it, but boundaries were there for a very good reason.

"That is why I have kept everything above board and out in the open... thus far." He smiled. "When the time is right, I'll ask, and hopefully you respond in the positive." He leaned forward, just into her personal space.

"That could never happen, Mr. Miller. I cannot date one of my students." Marcella hated to say it. She had actually started enjoying his presence in her class.

"Then I'll need a drop slip." Kyle shrugged.

"But you said you never back away from a challenge." She was shocked. He was her best student. He couldn't throw away all his hard work.

"If I drop your class I might have a chance of taking you out on a date. If, as you say, I'm one of your students and you'll never date me. The only logical conclusion I can make... is that I need to drop your class and take my chances on the aforementioned date. Since I will not be listed as one of your students any longer, I have a greater chance of success. It's all about priorities." He smiled at her, not backing off.

"You'd really do that just for the chance of a date with me" She was stunned and flushed. "Why...? I'm old enough to be your...." She looked at Joyce's smiling face, looking into her class.

"Aunt...you're old enough to be my aunt." He stopped her thinking in the wrong direction. "I wasn't planning on asking, until I passed your class on my own merits. But, if this is the way it has to be... so be it!" He shrugged in indifference.

"Please, do not drop my class Mr. Miller. There are only three weeks left." Marcella finally said. "I'll have to think long and hard about this conversation. I'll walk with my friend tonight. I'll see you next week Mr. Miller...please."

"If time and space are what you need, I'll be more than happy to give you a fair share of both. But please remember they are precious commodities, not to be squandered." He tilted his head. "Goodnight Professor Estrada until I see you again." He strode out the room and nodded to Joyce as he passed, "Ma'am", and he was gone.

Her heart raced and her head was filled with visions. She didn't know it filled her eyes with longing, which ensured Kyle's compliance. Marcella knew she needed to get some space to clear her head. Things that she had been able to suppress since that day in her living room, hit her right between the eyes and legs. She knew what her body wanted. Now she needed to figure out what she wanted.

"Don't even start...." Marcella stopped Joyce from voicing her opinion.

*****

The next morning, Kyle went into his office because the walls in his condo were closing in on him. He walked past what should have been an empty desk, but the seat was filled with a very pretty Becky.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he stopped for a second.

"Gary assigned me to you. He said you needed someone with my legal background as your assistant." She smiled at him. "Something about conflicting messages." She looked, hoping for a clue to the cryptic message.

"I'm going to kill him." Kyle sighed. "Call your girlfriend. Lunch, noon, my office; have something brought in." He shook his head and ignoring the gaping look Becky was giving him as he slammed his office door.

An hour later his phone buzzed. "Yeah...?" He answered irritable.

"Mr. Miller. Um, Jordan can't be here until after twelve thirty. Can I push back lunch?" Her voice matched her person.

"That's fine... just remember I have a two o'clock and we'll be gravy." He released the button and dropped the phone. Within seconds he was back into his homework, marking quotes and writing notes.

At twelve thirty five, Becky opened the door and looked in. "Where do you want me to set it up sir?" There were two people behind her. One was short, dumpy, and fifty pounds overweight. The other was tall slim, had her head saved except for a small top knot that was dyed pink.

"The table will be fine." He looked at his books and closed them. He took out some cash and handed it to Becky. She smiled and handed it to the short dumpy one.

"Thank you. We'll let you know when we'll need your services again." Kyle was shocked. He didn't know why, but he was. "Mr. Miller, this is Jordan, my...." She blushed. "We, um, live together." She hesitated since she didn't know that anyone knew about her and Jordan.

"Nice to meet you...." Kyle shook her hand and noticed a small bit of paint that the tall woman missed on her hand. He motioned for them to sit. "I thought we'd get this out in the open before tongues can wag and cause unnecessary problems." He sat down and received two very different stares.

"What going on Beck...?" Jordon asked her mate. "First the big promotion and now were having lunch with the owner." She was looking for any funny business

"What's going on, miss...? Jordan is it?" He asked and then continued as she nodded. "Is that I wanted you both to know that I know you are a couple. She got this promotion because our lawyer thinks I'm going to need her help as I transition over to taking over day to day control of the business. I didn't want any speculation or rumors messing up the works because Becky is a beautiful woman and I'm a single man." He took a big bite out of his sandwich. "This is good." He mumbled around his food.

"Wow... okay... that was blunt." Jordan looked at me as Becky smiled and grabbed her hand under the table.

"Thank you Mr. Miller." Becky started.

"It's Kyle... Mr. Miller was my dad. Since we're working together, call me Kyle." He took a drink of the tea that was set in front of his place. "Any questions...?" He looked at them.

"Too many to think straight." Jordan answered. She took a bite and thought for a second. "So I can come to company functions and we wouldn't have to hide our relationship" She asked first.

"As long as decency is maintained, yeah I'd love to see you." He shrugged.

"What about benefits Mr., I mean Kyle?" Becky asked, getting over the shock.

"What about them. Bring in valid paperwork and submit it. Dependants are covered as far as I know." Kyle took a bite and leaned back. "That's why you have this job. Look into the legal ramification and do the right thing. Bring it to me or Gary before making any permanent changes."

"So, you support Gay Marriage?" Jordon set down her sandwich and started re-wrapping it.

"I support marriage." Kyle corrected. "I rather have you married than committing adultery. We have a strict morals clause here and I want everything on the up and up." He looked at the girls. "If I know what's going on, then no one can hold it over your head. It keeps things cleaner in the long run." He shrugged as he continued eating.

"So, I could come here for lunch and visit Becky and do everything a normal couple would do?" Jordan asked, looking for the trap.

"No make-out sessions in my office. No sex on the desk or in the elevators, but yeah. You're a couple and I expect you to act like a couple. If and when you get married, if you're not already, you'll have to sign a standard non-disclosure agreement. But that's normal too. We can't have what we do here to be public knowledge. Our competition would kill us if they knew what we were bidding. Let's face facts here. Becky will know everything worth knowing. She already knows more than I do. I can't afford for that information to get out."

"Um wow... Could I get a job here?" Jordan joked, knowing she'd never give up her shop, for another nine to five job.

"Sorry no." Kyle startled them. "Becky would be in your direct chain of command, since she's my assistant. We have a no fraternization clause as well. That's why we're having this lunch. So everyone knows the score and we can work accordingly."

"Wow... cool. Do what you have to Beck. You'll never find a better place for what you do." Jordan told Becky and kissed her quickly. "I have to get back. Eva is in charge and we know what that can lead to. See you at home sweetie. Thanks for the lunch Kyle." She got up, gathered the remainder of her sandwich and exited, leaving Becky and I sitting there.

"Thank you Kyle... you don't know what it means to us." Becky smiled at Kyle. Her mother still wasn't talking to her because she moved in with Jordan.

"So, how long have you two been together? Oh, and I saw you at the mall one day. That's how I knew." Kyle said and finished his lunch as they talked.

*****

Marcella pushed Kyle harder than the rest of the class. She tore apart his answers just to see if he could think his way around it. She didn't want anyone to say he didn't earn his grade. She knew everyone in the class wondered what Kyle did to piss her off, but were happy it wasn't them. She caught herself thinking things she shouldn't be thinking as he sat there and just smiled at her as she ripped him a new one.

"Okay class, we have a pre-test to prepare for finals. Please remember this does count as part of your grade so be prepared." She sat behind her desk as the people groaned. "You have until nine to finish." She gave them thirty extra minutes and she knew they'd need every second of it.

She couldn't sit still as she looked at her students. She kept her eyes moving so they wouldn't catch her looking at Kyle. She saw the lump in his pants and wondered what it felt like to have him make love to her. How it would feel to have that intimate connection again. She had to start wearing pads on the days he was there. She knew she didn't have a problem with feminine dryness.

"Time...!" She called out and listened to the groans and complaints. "Papers on my desk as you leave." She ordered. She was shocked when Kyle's was the first one there. She couldn't help herself. She thumbed through it. He had every question answered. He winked at her as he walked out.

"Don't forget Finals next week. There will only be one make up day, so no excuses." The rest of the class went past her in a blur.

That night for the first time in a long time, she took out one of her toys. She took her time to clean it. Fifteen minutes later, she was screaming out Kyle's name as her first climax in over a year ripped through her body.

"What am I going to do with you Mr. Miller?" She panted, as the fan swirled air over her naked sweaty body.

Over the weekend, Marcella helped her son Elias, his wife Carrie and their daughter Bonny; move into her house. For the first time she didn't feel the cold loneliness as the noise of her family surrounded her.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 51 milliseconds