Bard's Tale 01 - The Beginning

Listen to what it tells, are the words spells?

Your heart does know if it's all for show

What must you do, to know if his heart's true?

Is love a lottery? Do you heed your coterie?

Be ye man or woman born

And seek the notch or the horn

Mason and baker, and noble raker too

Everyone needs love, just like you

People will chatter when there's nothing to say

To drive off loneliness that threatens to stay

I'd rather soak in a stream while I drift and dream

To relax and doze while fish tickle my toes

Once I was burned, or maybe I was spurned

Does it matter? It's all silly clatter

I enjoy their embrace as I kiss their face

In the morning's light, I'm gone from their sight

Be ye man or woman born

And seek the notch or the horn

Herder and tailor, farmer and jailer, too

Everyone needs love, just like you

At the end of a hard day, too tired to play

Take off my boots and on the grass I lay

Or soak in a stream while I drift and dream

To relax and doze while fish tickle my toes

Everyone's different, for some it's sex for rent

Some seek peace or just crave physical release

I can't say it's wrong to love someone muscle-strong

But I won't waste my tit on a stupid git

Be ye man or woman born

And seek the notch or the horn

Tinker and cotter, lord and pauper, too

Everyone needs love, just like you

At the end of a hard day, I'm ready to play

Let's grapple and tumble in fresh-mown hay

Or soak in a stream while I drift and dream

To relax and doze while fish tickle my toes

I've wandered highways, and lesser byways

Giving in to the chase, then forgetting their face

Always playing, never staying

Drunk or sober, always a rover

Be ye man or woman born

And seek the notch or the horn

Cook and footman, and shirttail cousin too

Everyone needs love, just like you

Let's sing and dance, enjoy some romance

Or look at the night sky while lightning bugs fly

Or soak in a stream while I drift and dream

To relax and doze while fish tickle my toes

Was having some fun when my cover was undone

The tingle to my hips from kissing his lips

With a giggle and a shout, we tumbled about

Then it grows and grows, it curls my toes!

Be ye man or woman born

And seek the notch or the horn

Every chef and busman, and shirttail cousin too

Everyone needs love, just like you

A lesson I learned, my roving days done

My lover's kisses are better than fishes

We'll soak in a stream while we drift and dream

And his kisses, sweeter than a rose

And his kisses, new pathways they pose

And his kisses, his sweet, sweet kisses -- they tickle my toes!

Like many in the court were encouraged to do, they sang along on the chorus. Mindal thought it endearing that the duchess turned to her husband on the last verse and sang it to him.

Each time Mindal played for the duchess, her music was well-received, and each time she was paid twice her normal rate. The bard was surprised and profuse in her thanks, and happily pocketed the bonus. Mindal still thought the song trite, but she was a performer, making her living by her voice. If silly songs were what the duchess wanted, she could have them.

* * * * *

Part 10

* * * * *

Three days before Reison's time at the temple was nearing its end, Tia insisted that all of them buy wedding dresses. Considering the ceremony, both Mindal and Tahna had thought to dress casual. After all, it would immediately be followed by retiring to the bedroom for a consummation of the wedding.

Tia quickly disabused them of their complacency.

"Neither one of you have been married before! Mindal, you are not going to get married in the clothes you wear when you play in bars. You will be his wife. He needs to see that you care about him enough to get dressed up just for him. Any you!" she said, moving her deathly dangerous index finger of accusation toward Tahna, "You will not get married in your gi. Yes, you are a warrior monk, and in my humble opinion, the best one in all the kingdom. But all of your gis are travel worn. I have hired a carriage for the day, and we will be spending the day in the garment district. And both of you will be there with me. So pick something that looks nice and feminine, or else! And, I have appointments made for all three of us at a salon the day after. Manicures and pedicures, massages, and haircuts for all of us."

Before Mindal could even ask, Tia snapped out, "If either of you skip out, I know your sizes and I will pick out your dresses for you. Be there, or I will make sure your lingerie is lacy, revealing, enticing, and entirely slutty. So don't test me. You have been warned."

Tahna gave the bard a shake of the head. Tia had her mind made up, and it was best to just buckle down and do what she wanted. Their big sister was almost endless in her patience, but when she lost her temper, being in her line of fire was not a safe place to be.

The warrior monk remembered the food vendor from almost a decade earlier. Tia was a great chef, and Tahna could often tell the quality of the food by how much her sister ate. If she didn't like it, she nibbled. If she didn't like the cook or host, she didn't eat after the first taste. The over-priced street food from the vendor had truly been awful, and Tia declared it not only foul and improperly cared for, but also spoiled. Most men stupidly think that when a woman yells, they just have to yell louder to win the fight. Neither she nor Tia had been wearing their clerical clothing that day. Thinking Tia was nobody special, the vendor simply yelled back even louder, trying to drown out her tirade. Furious, Tia invoked command oration. Everyone within two blocks heard her castigate his food and his dangerous cooking habits. Windows in several nearby shops actually shattered. The Watch made Tia pay for the windows, which she did without complaint. Almost a thousand gold royals, Tahna recalled. The vendor's license was revoked, though, and when his food was tested, the court levied a heavy fine.

Now Tia was into bossy-big-sister mode about the dresses and the salon. Mindal, once she got over being browbeaten into going, liked shopping and would have a good time. Tahna hated shopping almost as much as she hated working budgets or dealing with bureaucrats. Reminding herself that her sister loved her and that she loved her sister right back helped her endure what she considered mental torture.

By the end of their shopping day, they not only had nice dress outfits to get married in, they all had some new everyday clothes as well. Standing together before the full length mirror, even Tahna had to admit they looked good.

When Tia wasn't working for the duchess, she was buried in her correspondence. Tahna, when she wasn't playing chaperone to Mindal, meditated. The bard, with no one to party with outside of her gigs, drank a bit, slept some, and played a lot of music.

Tia did get a chance to stop by the city library, and delivered Silmodan's letter to his son. Mike was delighted to see her, and they had lunch together. Them, as in Mike's girlfriend, Sari Sunhart, was there, helping him sort and restock books on the shelves, she joined them, and Tia checked Mike's girlfriend.

Just sixteen, she was too young to get married yet, but as soon as she came of age, they planned on getting married. At least, that's what Sari said. Mike just nodded, puzzled but pleased by her attention. After lunch, Mike tasked her with advanced school work at the table, while Tia told him of family events at New Brittany.

Tia saw that Sari would probably be in charge once they were married, but from the looks the young girl gave him, it was apparent that Sari was devoted to Mike. Tia intended to reassure Silmodan that his son's love interest was a nice girl, and that he should be happy for them both.

* * * * *

Part 11

* * * * *

It was the morning of March 22, and all three sisters woke up nervous and agitated. Reison's time at the temple was at an end.

Tia found herself trembling. She hoped that after his experience, he still wanted to marry her and her sisters. So much could have happened. If she couldn't look into his blue eyes again, she... well, it would break her heart.

Tahna, over the interim, had felt her emotional center shift and change. No longer resistant to the marriage, she was willing to give Reison a chance to win her love. And the impact of knowing the veracity of his words was both unsettling and profound. She still marveled over the notion that he found her beautiful. Getting another one of kisses, well, that would be a nice bonus.

Mindal, like Tia, was excited at the prospect of seeing Reison again. With Tahna keeping watch on her like a hawk, she'd had little time to end her winter abstinence. The only time she'd even had a little release, other than that strangely real dream at the monastery, was when she was in the bath when she was able to rub one out. Mindal bathed every night. During the last week, she was having a bath at noon as well.

Looking at her sisters, knowing she was to be last in marrying Reison sort of rankled. Mindal knew they'd agreed on it without really discussing it. It was how they'd always done things. Tia had to be first, so that she would be his First Wife. Tahna and Mindal did not want that role, and besides, it was more or less in keeping with Tia's current role as their big sister and leader anyway. With Tia being first, well, it sort of made sense that Tahna would be next. She was older than Mindal.

It was Tia who convinced her to accept the marriage order. The notion that after being with three women, that he'd be tired and fall asleep with Mindal after they made love helped. She looked at the clock and fretted. It was past time to go downstairs for breakfast and head to the temple!

The night before, Tia had insisted her two sisters each make their own oak-cake. Mindal's suggestion that Tia could make her cake too was met with a frown.

"These are his marriage customs. This cake is part of your marriage ceremony. I have my own cake to do. You need to do this. This cake won't be eaten, and being salt and oat flour only, it's pretty vile. It's purpose is purely symbolic. Smashing it underfoot declares that while you are married, you will always have plenty to eat and can afford to be wasteful. After which, he will carry you across the bedroom threshold. After that? Well, you know what consummate means. Use your imagination."

The trouble was, Mindal had used her imagination. The night before, she'd visited the suite's bathroom three times during the night where she furiously masturbated. It barely helped. Which was why she had ugly-hag-bags under her eyes. Seeing that Tia was similarly showing a lack of sleep gave her some satisfaction. But Tahna was her usual calm and deliberate self. And while she was happy that Tahna was more of her old self -- as in the happier, out-going woman of twenty years earlier, her current quiet demeanor oddly irritated the bard.

All three of them wore their wedding dresses. To fix any bed-hair, Mindal cast fancy hair, giving the spell a description of what was wanted, and it was done in moments. The bard didn't have a lot of power magic spells, but she did have a lot of useful ones designed for social situations.

Wearing her long, black hair down, Tahna had selected a French braid, with green and gold ribbons woven in between, green and gold being the Landers family colors. Along with the textured gold cloth dress, she wore a wide black belt and a forest green, cashmere shawl. Tia had bought her soft, white-leather calf-high boots to complete the outfit. The monk insisted that she retain her leather bracers. They covered the tattoos on her wrists that marked her entry into the monastic life of the church. And, she wore her two sais in her belt.

The bard had to admit Tahna looked good. Tia then gave her another wedding present, a gold torc with an emerald on each end. "For my sister, who's getting married."

Tahna had looked at Tia with a lot of emotion. "You already bought me the dress, the clothes, and the boots. Tia, I... I didn't get you anything."

"You're my little sister. I get to do this for you." Tia smiled as she put the torc around her neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then proceeded to help with her eyeliner.

Next, Tia gave Mindal her own gift. To go with her brand new, dark brown boots, Mindal had selected a knee-length purple dress printed over with musical instruments. Drums, mandolins, lyres, horns. And a matching forest green, cashmere shawl. Mindal's auburn hair was curled more than it normally was, and braided through with several strands of daisies.

Tia gave her a gold-chain necklace with three small emeralds, and a matching pair of clip-on earrings, stamped with the crest of Sandhurst College of Music, where she often taught.

Before Mindal could admit her own lack of gift, Tia said, "I know. If I haven't told either of you before now, the best I had was when you were born and you became my sisters. Not every day has been the best since, but you have been and always will be not just my sisters, but my family."

A statement like that demanded an immediate hug. To their credit, they did their best to squeeze the stuffing out of their big sister. Fortunately, too, they loosened their grip when she squeaked, citing a need for air.

Tia, for her part, wore a deep blue dress, embroidered with red flowers along the hem and shoulder lines, and black, soft leather boots. She also had a matching forest green shawl for her shoulders. Tia tried to get away with a simple ponytail, but Mindal spelled hair, with clips and hairpins. Using the freshen cantrip, she produced the daffodil Reison had given her, retrieving the pressing from her journal. The bard put the flower into her hair, clipping it into place.

When Mindal asked what jewelry she would wear, Tia took out two sterling silver studs, each with a blue sapphire.

Breakfast turned out to be a dichotomy. Tia had her tea, and the other two their coffee. While Mindal and Tia were too nervous to eat much, Tahna surprised them and ordered a thick beef steak, cooked medium well with mushrooms, with a mixed-nut pie and ice cream for dessert.

Mindal kept waiting for Tahna to spill something on her dress, but she never did. Then, when she thought about it, she realized that Tahna never spilled anything on herself.

"How can you eat all that?" Tia asked. "You never eat much of a breakfast. Yet today, you eat a heavy meal. And a rich dessert."

Tahna paused, her fork midway to mouth. "It was you that told me. At least I'm sure it was you who said that the Celts believed that the condemned were entitled to a last meal. Whatever they wanted."

Mindal froze.

Tia looked sad. "Is that what you think? That you are a prisoner? Condemned? I thought you were finally okay with this."

Tahna shook her head. "Bad joke, I guess. I'm going through with this marriage because I love you both, and I am willing to give the man a chance. He asked for one, and I owe him that. You should be happy I'm doing this at all. A good breakfast just seemed like the thing to do. You two, however, have barely touched any of the food you ordered."

"Too nervous, I guess," Tia answered.

"You need to eat," Tahna admonished. "Sex can burn a lot of calories. You will cum and crash. Eat or you won't be able to ask for an encore. And hydrate first! And with as hot to trot as you two have been, I would have thought that having another round would be foremost on both your minds."

Realizing she was right, the priestess and bard added more meat to their plates and scarfed down their food. Tahna laughed, then ate her last bite. Sitting back, she let out a short burp, rubbed her tummy, and worked on her coffee.

Tia paid for the meal, and they headed outside and toward the temple. The three suns over head shone overhead, the day was warm, and the sky was clear with a moderate breeze. It was a great day to get married.

The day was busy, the streets filled with others going about their own errands. Carriages went by and periodically, the watch or the militia passed on by.

As they arrived and reached to top steps of the temple landing, Mindal suddenly stopped. "Wait!"

Her two sisters halted, looking at her. "What is it?" Tia asked.

"By the time he gets to me, won't he be tired? I don't want to wait, but maybe we should do this one marriage per day."

Tia put on her teacher pose, and Tahna smiled.

"So," the priestess began. "You want him to spend all day in bed with me, filling my pussy over and over, all through the night, too. There's only one bed, so unless you sleep on the floor, you will be there while I'm getting properly seeded. Then the next day does the same to Tahna. Won't he be depleted after two days of hard, pumping and squirting, cumming and filling our pussies up to overflowing? Are you sure you want to wait, Mindal?"

Mindal swallowed, then smiled nervously. "When you put it like that, I guess not."

Tahna shook her head. "Besides, big sister has spells that can help him out. Make him rut like a rabbit, and hose you like a racehorse."

As the two older sisters grinned at each other, they turned and headed inside.

Rushing to catch up, Mindal exclaimed, "Hey! You really have spells to make a guy cum again?"

A few faces glanced at Mindal, then moved on.

"Over and over," Tahna said, giving her a wink.

"You're putting me on!"

"Because of the wink? Wrong thought. That was the there's-more-to-the-story wink. Ask Tia if you don't believe me."

"Tia?"

"This is the temple to Osh Mayan, Mindal. The Son of Heaven. God of magic, healing, and fertility. Think, Mindal. Fertility. Of course there are spells to affect sex. Breeding magic, too. I've worn the robes for ten years, serving Him with devotion. If not for meeting Reison, next month I'd be in the capital for another five years, serving Him."

"About that service..." Mother Nayli approached them.

Mindal looked around. "Where's Reison?"

"He'll be along," Nayli answered. "First, I thought I should update you."

Tia nodded. "Okay. How did he do?"

"Some tasks with a decided lack of enthusiasm. He did the minimum with his assigned male partner. We could tell he had no interest, so we didn't press it. That happens often enough with our own people, but it is part of the curriculum."

"You mean he had to suck a cock and take it up the ass?" Mindal exclaimed. Then she snickered.

Tahna and both priestesses frowned. Tia said, "Just like we had to do when we went through this during our own rite. Don't laugh too hard, Mindal. This boy has had his way with a lot of women. Maybe the priestesses here were so good, he's become addicted to blow jobs and ass-fucking, and what will you do then?"

Mindal pursed her lips and said nothing.

When Tahna raised her eyebrows at Tia, her big sister replied, "If ass is what he wants, send him to me. I'll deal with it if you aren't inclined to."

Tia turned to Nayli. "You had something else to say?"

"I did. Your request to defer was rejected. Signed by a Father Rayan Stout. It came to the attention of the duchess yesterday evening with the mail dispatches. She did not take it well. She wrote a restrained letter, confirming your decision and her support for your decision. Frankly, considering your long service and reputation, most of the rest of us were shocked. No word, though, from the Eldest. She has final say. I admit to being jealous of your freedom. But you have served honorably, Mother Tia."

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 17 milliseconds