Bard's Tale 01 - The Beginning

Chagrined, she nodded curtly and sat back down, placing her knees together and her hands modestly in her lap.

Reison got down on one knee and said, "Mindal Theláyna Landers, will you marry me?"

Two seconds. Three. Mindal looked at him seriously.

After a lengthy pause, he looked at her. "Did you hear me, Mindal?"

She nodded. "I heard you."

Suddenly unsure of himself, he asked, "What... what's your answer?"

"I can answer now?"

"Please."

"Reison Whisper Wind, you tell me you hear music when you see me. And the same for each of my sisters. I had lost my own music. Somewhere along the way, it had fallen silent, and I have felt a growing emptiness calling me toward oblivion. With you, I hear my own music again, and I feel alive. I so very much need to hear what you say is my song, to match the one I hear in my heart. I say yes, Reison Whisper Wind. A resounding yes. I will be your music, as you are mine."

Rising up, he answered, "A grá. My love."

"Two hearts, one song," she replied, standing, her green eyes full of adoration.

As Reison and Mindal fervently kissed, Toby Greenbody, the day manager for the inn, sidled over to Tia.

"Hello, Toby. What can I do for you?"

"You... I mean, all three of you are getting married?"

"That's right. We are."

"Will you be holding the celebration here? And do you want us to cater the ceremony? And, how much lead time do we have?"

Tia grinned at him. "As soon as we finish our lunch, we're going up stairs to do the ceremony."

Toby blanched. "But... but... you can't!"

"We're not doing a big church ceremony. He's Irish Celt, so we are going it his way. We baked the oat cakes yesterday in your kitchen. I was sure you knew, but maybe you were too busy bending Milli over a mead barrel in the storeroom. She seemed to enjoy it, so I didn't bother you. No, Toby. We intend on remaining secluded in our suite for several days, where we hope plenty of food and drink and fresh towels continue to be delivered on a regular schedule. I also sincerely hope we aren't disturbed."

"As you wish, Mother Tia. All three of you?" The short man with the round belly couldn't believe it, and he'd witnessed the proposals himself.

"All three of us."

"Is he--"

"None of your business. We'll finish the rest of our meal, and then retire upstairs. As usual, put this on our bill and deduct it from our share of the profits. Anything else?"

"No, Mother. Congratulations."

"Thank you."

Toby nodded and the short man with the growing belly quickly disappeared between the other patrons.

After Reison and Mindal sat down, to the well-wishes of several people nearby, dessert was served. The women were of a mind to bypass it and head directly upstairs, but Reison settled in to eating the apple pie and ice cream, so they joined him.

Tia noted that he said he liked ice cream before as well.

In between mouthfuls, Reison looked at Tia. "I know the parts, but since we're having it here, how is it going to work? Do I carry each of you upstairs?"

"It's four flights, Reison," Tia answered. "I'd prefer you save the strength of your arms so that you don't collapse and squish me. You also need to save your legs for thrusting."

The young half-elf blushed at her words.

Mindal nodded. "You should listen to her. We need you to thrust a lot. Over and over. Like, really give us the family business -- "

"Mindal," Tahna said. "I think he gets it."

"I think I just soaked my panties talking about it," the bard confessed.

The young half-elf turned a shade darker.

A middle-aged man, dressed as a warrior, approached the table. He nodded at the sisters, but focused on Reison. "I guess congratulations are in order. Are you some sort of prince or something?"

"He is," Tia assured the stranger.

Tahna frowned. Speaking in French, she pointedly asked, "Tia Landers, did you just lie to him?"

"Not at all," the priestess replied, also in French. "Reison is our prince. I will make us a home, where we will live, and each of us will be his princesses. And no snide remarks, Mindal!"

"My sister speaks perfect truth," the bard said in high elven, giving Reison's arm a tug. "The eldest son of Urthel Whisper Wind, late of the Elven Free State of Harlindon, renowned captain of the frigate Dolphin, scourge to villains and pirates throughout the entire Sea of Amara, and Protector of House O'Hara of Preston. He's a prince among elves. By his bravery, honesty, and kindness, this man has won our hearts. We'll accept your congratulations. If that satisfies your curiosity, please excuse us, as this is a private party and we are about to retire." While polite if a bit terse, Mindal's green eyes held a warning to the stranger.

The bard's declarations were news to the other sisters as well. Obviously Mindal knew a lot more of Reison's background than they did.

The man had thought the young man a pup, but then he caught the sight of a pointed ears amidst the thick, shoulder-length brown hair. Elves often meant magic. The serious looks of the other women capped it. He could see in their eyes they were more than their fancy dresses alluded to. With a nod, he moved off.

There was a noise by the front door, and Mindal noticed a score of horse troopers entering the commons. Regular army, not militia. Most of the noise was from their commanding officer. Taking off her helmet, the grey-haired warrior woman passed it to her second, scanned the room with a scowl on her face, and upon seeing them, strode purposefully over.

The bard sighed in exasperation. At this rate, she'd never get laid!

The soldier halted near their table, the chain armor clinking as she moved. The smile on Tia's face froze as the officer glared directly at her. The officer's second, in a nearly identical tabard, stood behind her at attention.

"Tia Janna Landers! What the bloody fuck is going on with you?"

A bit worried, Reison moved his hand toward his weapon, but Mindal intercepted it, giving him a subtle shake of her head. Whoever this woman was, even if she was a soldier, he didn't like her tone with Tia.

"Before I can answer that question, I need a bit more information. What are exactly are you ticked off about?"

Taking off her mailed gloves, the warrior woman took a breath.

"Normally when you get into town, I hear from you, we visit, have a couple of nice dinners together. This time? Not a peep! After all these years, Tia. On top of that, I had to hear about it -- third hand, mind you, from one of the maids at the palace! Is it true that you are you getting married?"

"Yes, I'm getting married."

"Have you lost your senses? Not even the duchess has met him. Who is this man you've found? Nobody knows a bloody thing about him! I want to see him and right now!"

The monk reached over and grabbed a chair, pushing it toward her. Keeping a straight face. The soldier had obviously dismissed Reison as being with Mindal.

More civilly, the calvary officer muttered, "Thanks, Tahna." Turning the chair to face Tia, she sat down. The soldier behind her promptly shifted to parade rest.

The monk just nodded, her brown eyes dancing, waiting for Tia to deliver the rest of the news.

Reison stood up. "The man in question is me. And while it appears that you seem to know Tia, I would appreciate it if you treated her with respect. Normally, when there's someone at the table you don't know, it is considered proper manners to introduce yourself. I'm Reison Whisper Wind. And you are?"

After squinting at him, she turned back to Tia. "Are you fucking kidding me? Him? Is he even shaving yet?"

"Colonel Weaver!" Tia snapped. "I would advise you to think very carefully before you utter your next words! That's the man I love you're talking about, and you will find my patience -- when he's shown disrespect -- to be almost minuscule."

A pause. "All right. So noted. You're really that set on this?"

"Not just me. Tahna and Mindal, too."

"Holy gods. All three of you? I just heard about you. Wait, really? Fuck me twice on Sunday. All three of you? Oh, man." Colonel Weaver took a long breath. "Okay, I can be calm. Where are you planning on living?"

"He wants to go to school at the College of Music. He has a while to go before that, but being as that's the case, I think it best if we live in the capital. Then we don't have to move later."

Mindal nudged Reison, but he refused to sit down. "Hey, you two! I get it that you two seem to know each other. Well, I'm still standing right here. I have introduced myself, and I've yet to hear a proper response."

"I'm sorry, Reison," Tia acknowledged. "This is Colonel Ehvona Charmain Weaver. She's one of our sisters. And I'll remind her that she is my little sister."

He looked at Tahna. "That's your sister?"

The monk nodded. As did the grey-haired soldier.

Mindal waved her hand about. "If you two are finished posturing, and it's nice to see you Ehvona, but unless you are coming upstairs to witness the ceremony, I vote we resume this conversation in a couple of days, because I want to go upstairs -- like right now!"

"Are you getting married today?" Ehvona said. "I don't understand. There's been no reservations at the temple. You're a priestess, Tia. Why aren't you having a church wedding?"

"Because everyone will want to come! And it will take weeks, if not months to arrange. And frankly, like Mindal, if I have to wait another day, I'm going to chew nails and become a hard-core bitch!"

"How many brothers and sisters do you have?" Reison asked Mindal, sitting down.

"Five brothers and seven sisters," she answered. "We're a huge family. Ehvona has six kids and some grandkids already."

"You grew up with fifteen other kids in the house? Wow."

"Actually, nineteen," Mindal answered. "Four of our brothers didn't make it growing up. Dad has five wives, Reison, and they have been married a long time. They could have had a hundred kids for as long as they've been married and how often they go at it. Mom says dad is a marathoner in bed."

"Too much information, Mindal!" Ehvona protested. "I know my parents have sex in a vague sort of way. I do not need those sort of images burning up my brain."

"That's what Mom says! Mother Charmain and Mother Morgan agreed with her. Beside, you've kids of your own."

Ignoring Mindal, she turned back to Tia. "So if you aren't having a temple wedding, what kind of ceremony are you going to have?"

"Reison is a follower of Brigit. Old Irish country style," Tia explained. "Jump the broom, step on the oat cakes, carried across the bedroom threshold, then sex to consummate the deal. No party for three days, no wild races across the countryside, and definitely no shivaree."

"Shivaree!" Mindal suddenly growled. "No bloody way! No how! Anyone tries to take him from me, and there will be blood in the streets!"

They were startled when Tahna popped her knuckles. "No shivaree," she confirmed.

Mindal suddenly grinned at Tahna. "Protect the husband."

Tahna grinned at Reison and Mindal, then nodded. "Protect the husband."

Reison started to say something to that, but Mindal glared at him and he stopped, nodded, and resumed eating his pie.

"Are you coming upstairs, Ehvona?" Tia asked. "If you do, you need to witness everything, in case you're asked."

"You want me to watch you and him have sex?" she asked Tia.

"Not just me. Tahna and Mindal, too. And not particularly, no. With the three of us, there are two witnesses for each ceremony to validate it for legal purposes. But since you are family and if you really want to be at our wedding, let's be sure you can attest that it was done properly."

The soldier shook her head. "No, that's not necessary. I can't say I'm happy, Tia. I had no warning at all about this, and the parents will have questions. Will you promise to at least have dinner at my place at least once before you leave town?"

Tia looked at the other two sisters, who nodded their agreement. "We will do that."

"Thank the gods for small favors. Please, give me at least a day's notice, and I'll get our brother Mikel Jon and his family to join us, and we'll get librarian Mike and his girlfriend, too. I'll try to have some of my kids and their families there, as well. And don't say no. Once he hits New Brittany, anything he experiences at my place will pale in comparison. And you know that." Ehvona stood, and after pushing in the chair, reached for her helmet. "So you are going upstairs soon and...?"

"Have hot, grinding, sweaty, and gooey, dripping sex," Mindal said. "We're going to be going at it for days, Ehvona. Days, and maybe more days. Sweaty bodies. Sticky bed sheets. We aren't coming down until Tia's preggers."

Their half-sister suddenly smiled at Tia. "That bad, huh?"

"Oh, yeah," the priestess replied.

"About time you got around to having kids of your own. Have you told Theodonra yet?"

Tia shook her head. "You're the first family member outside of us who knows."

She laughed as she put her mailed gloves back on. "Your mom is going to go ape-shit. You know that, right? And you'll hear it from my mom, and the other moms, too. And Dad! Hoo boy. I would give my left tit to be a fly on that wall."

Moving around the table, Ehvona offered her hand to Reison, who took it, and they shook hands.

"Having spoken to my sisters, I'm convinced there's no enchantment at work, other than that of a woman for a man, which it's own crazy kind of magic, but one I can totally understand. I meant no offense to you, and I guess, welcome to the family. If you get into trouble, and these three trouble-makers aren't around, get me a message. Colonel Ehvona Weaver, commanding the First Cataphract."

After a long exhale while she looked over the three sisters, the woman suddenly said, "Come on, Captain. Let's go join the rest of the troop for chow, and so we can get back to work."

"Yes, sir."

And they strode off.

Tahna looked at Tia. "She has a point about our family. Maybe we should postpone this and go to New Brittany and get married there."

Tia shook her head. "No! No more delays. Are you ready, Reison?"

He stood up, taking Mindal's hand in his own. "I'm ready."

Tia dropped two gold pieces on the table, and like magic, a waitress appeared to scoop it up, then began clearing plates.

Between tables and moving patrons, they wove. Then up the stairs they went, Tia in the lead, followed by Reison and Mindal, still holding hands, and followed by Tahna.

* * * * *

Part 12

* * * * *

Outside the door, Tia pulled out the key and unlocked it. Opening it wide, she swept in, followed by the others.

Tahna closed the door behind them, calling out to her sister as she disappeared around the corner of the suite. "Where are you going? I thought the plan was for him to get a bath and get all dressed up."

Tia felt the ache in her loins. She was almost at her peak fertility, and her nether lips were swollen and dripping with need. The demands of her body were making it harder to act rationally.

"Too late for that. I don't want to hear someone else telling us we need to wait. I'm getting married. Right now!"

She retrieved the broom from its place in the corner by the bookshelves and the small bin from the table, before returning to the front room.

"Tahna, please take off the tablecloth and spread it onto the floor.

Reison looked at the broom as Tia laid it down. Not a regular broom, but an obviously hand-made one. "Did you make that, Tia?"

"I did," she admitted. "It's a truly terrible broom. I'd be surprised if it swept even a single mote of dirt. Totally worthless. But I did it by my own hand."

"The point is you made it, isn't it."

The smile on his face nearly melted her right there. The priestess nodded. "There are no words that go with this ceremony, but I feel compelled to speak. And don't worry Mindal. I will keep it short. Promise."

Opening the bin, she retrieved a small oat cake and set it onto the middle of the tablecloth on the floor. Holding out her hand, she looked at Reison.

"It's time."

Letting go of Mindal, he moved over and took her hand. Tia nearly gasped, feeling the heat of his touch charge through her.

"If we left Reison to his own recuperative powers, it would be many hours between each ceremony. And that because we would have to wait until Reison recuperated enough to make love with my other sisters. I don't intend to wait that long. With your permission Reison, I will cast regenerate serious wounds on you before we begin. I know you aren't hurt, nor do I intend for you to get hurt. But the magic gives an unexpected bonus, allowing a man to immediately regain his erection and his supply of nice, thick, creamy sperm. If you are with one of my sisters and I'm not paying attention, tell me you've cum, and I will recast the spell for you. The requirement is you bed each of us at least once. I'd prefer several times. Are you ready for this?"

He grinned. "Yes, Tia."

Tia looked at him with joy. "Me, too. I tell you again, Reison Whisper Wind that I love you. I don't know the how or why. Maybe we were lovers in another life. All I know is that from the moment I saw you, I wanted to give myself to you and for you to hold me in your arms and love me right back. Okay, somehow I think this is important, so please pay attention. We're getting married by old country Irish rules, so it seems prudent to pay attention to this custom as well. You, too, Mindal. Please, sister!

"It is said that the first one who rises from the marital bed will the first of the partnership to pass from this life. Once you are done having sex together for the first time, place your feet side by side and touch the floor -- together. I know that in the afterglow, you might forget. Please don't. It's my fervent hope that this day marks the beginning of a wonderful journey for the four of us. It's also my prayer that we have decades of life and love together. We have a huge family. Parents, in-laws, nephews and nieces. A lot of people who love us. Tahna and Mindal, you are my little sisters, and you are the family I chose to be with as a grown woman. And today, we three take this man to join us. After sex, feet to the floor at the same moment, side by side. However long we have together, I don't want to remain behind without all of you in my life. Am I clear?"

Tahna and Mindal looked surprised, and both of them looked emotional at Tia's plea.

"Sisters three," Mindal quipped.

"Family, now," Tahna corrected.

Tia turned to Reison. "Family. You, too, now."

He clasped her hand in his own.

"Reison Whisper Wind, I jump this broom with you and take you for my husband. I promise to be bonny and buxom at bed and board, to bear your sons and daughters, and to love you all the remaining days of my life."

"Tia Janna Landers, I take you as my wife and to be your loving husband, for better or worse, in sickness and health, from youth to old age, whatever the gods send our way."

"Ready? Jump!" Together, they hopped over the crude broom.

Setting the oak cake onto the floor, she let him crush it first, then she ground her foot onto it as well.

"The oat cake is oat flour, water and salt. Simple fare to symbolize food and the important commodity of salt. May our cupboards never be bare."

"So may it be, by the gods," he declared. "What's next?"

"You pick me up and carry me over the bedroom door threshold. We undress, and you enter me with your lovely cock and ride me until you fill me. My sisters need to watch us. As I told Ehvona, they are our witnesses."

Reison easily scooped her up in his arms. Without a word he carried her into the bedroom. Setting her onto her feet, she removed her shawl, setting it onto a nearby chair. She was working on the buttons behind her neck when he pulled her into his arms and kissed her.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 20 milliseconds