Day Off For Three

The girl started to move to her mother, but Wright flattened her hand and gave a slight shake of 'no.'

Charlotte Ann turned to the guardsman. "I assume you're off duty, Rindle?"

"Yes, my Lady." One child, a girl probably no more than three, got up and put her arms around his leg. His eyes never wavering, his hand caressed his daughter's cheek. His son sat still, but he, too, listened intently at her words for his father.

"And you have worked out some arrangement so children can see their parents. I am pleased by your initiative and your love for your families. Next time, keep me informed.

"In any event, it's too damn cold in here for kids. There's no fireplace to take off the chill. Take them downstairs by the fire so they can warm up. And if they can stand it, they should have some of that hot tea, and some of that soup, too. If it is all right with the Duke, I would prefer the children wait in the manor, in the main hall." She glanced at Royce, who nodded. "It's effective as of tomorrow then, and will last until spring equinox. I'll let Cook know that there will be children waiting for their parents, and to have hot drinks and snacks available."

Rindle grinned, saluting. "Thank you, my Lady. My Lord." Several of the children brightened at her words.

Charlotte Ann returned his salute. "Time with your children is important. We'll work out something permanent. Carry on. Both of you."

While the adults gathered up the children, Charlotte Ann stepped back onto the stairs and bellowed out, "Lieutenant Mason! On the double!"

Soon footsteps climbing the stone stairs could be heard. Then the officer's face came around the corner. "Yes, Lord Marshal?"

"You said Stillman was on duty at the gate? Good. Go talk to him. I want a report on just how many soldiers are down sick, their names, where they are, and what exactly they are ill with. Household guards and regular army, both. And I want it before dinner."

"Yes, Marshal!"

"And the children will be coming downstairs to get warmed up. Tonight only. Tomorrow, all children of guardsmen visiting parents will wait at the main hall, where it is warmer for them. And message to Cook to provide meals and snacks for them. Pass the word along. Dismissed."

"At once!" Lieutenant Mason turned and hurried off.

Charlotte Ann moved up a few steps, allowing the children to head downstairs. Chatting excitedly, several of them waved and said goodbye.

"Mama, she said you did a good job." The red-haired girl held her mother's hand, looking up proudly.

The Sergeant glanced at Charlotte Ann, who nodded back to her. "Yes, she did, baby. She's a very busy Lady, so let's go do what she asked us to do. Would you like some bread and hot soup?"

"Yes, Mama."

As they descended around the corner and out of sight, Charlotte Ann looked for Royce. She spied him carrying Rindle's lamp, approaching the door to the spare room. She joined him.

With his free hand, he put his arm around her and pulled her close. "Magnificently done!" he told her quietly. "That is exactly why I love you, Charlotte Ann. You were brilliant. You're father would be proud. I know I am. Give us a kiss!"

He leaned down and kissed her thoroughly. Slow at first, she soon returned his passion with her own.

She took a deep breath. "Royce, what am I going to do with you?"

"Enjoy it, my beauty, enjoy it. Now let's see what these two are up to, shall we?"

She nodded.

Royce let her go, and invoked a prayer, and a quick bit of divine magic. In response to her questioning look, he explained, "The spell is detect disease. It'll let me know what they have." Then he rapped loudly on the door. "Coming in!" he called.

Both women shared the bottom bunk, wrapped up in wool blankets. Sitting up, blinking in the light, one shivered, her teeth chattering. Charlotte Ann thought it was Cartwright. Having been closed, the room was freezing. The stone walls seemed to suck the heat right out of the air.

After passing the lamp to Charlotte Ann, Royce squatted down. "Feeling miserable, aren't you? I shouldn't doubt it. Do I have your permission to cure you?"

Both women assented.

He started the holy invocation, and chanting the words of power, placing his hands on Cartwright's shoulders. As the magic completed, standing next him, Charlotte Ann could feel the heat coursing through his hands, into Cartwright. He repeated the actions for Barber. Royce squatted down again, looking into her face, and checking her aura. "Better?" he asked.

"Yes, my Lord," Barber replied. "Thank you!"

Cartwright, her spasms diminishing, mumbled her thanks as well.

"Where do you live?"

"Here in the barracks, Lord."

"These are your orders. Take the rest of the night off. Get some food and sleep. Return to your normal duties tomorrow. Before your shift, straighten out this room."

"Yes, my Lord."

Royce stood to let them pass. Both took their blankets with them.

Once they were gone, Charlotte Ann touched his arm. "That's all you can do for the week, isn't it?"

"Divine healing? Yes. I can heal with the psionics, though. Depending on how sick they are, I can cure several more. However, it takes much longer to work, and it is draining. Up side is I recharge quickly."

She nudged him with her elbow. "I already knew that."

He smirked. "Let's go to your office."

They continued up the spiral staircase, Charlotte Ann holding the lamp to light their way. The plan was to make more of the light globes for the castle, but the manor came first. Until then, lanterns and torches were in use for light.

At the third floor landing, Charlotte Ann pulled out her key and unlocked the door. As they stepped inside, they could see their breaths as small white clouds of mist hovering before their faces. The room was open clear across. On the west wall was the fireplace, tools for working a fireplace, and a full woodbox. On the east and south, shuttered windows, narrow enough to prevent entry, and if the glass windows were opened, wide enough to shoot arrows through. A couch and three stuffed chairs by the windows. On the north wall, by the door, was a large map of the area. Next to it was a map of the city drawn the previous year. Several hand-drawn additions were on it. Nearby, to the left of the doorway, a large table with stacks of papers and scrolls. Near the fireplace, in the southwest corner was her large desk. Beside the desk, on the south wall stood a long bookshelf and a set of storage drawers. On the other side of the fireplace, to the right of the doorway, was her narrow cot, made up as if ready for inspection.

Royce commented, "It's like a brass toilet seat in here."

He went over to the fireplace. Snow littered the grate. "Someone left the flue open." Drawing from the the woodbox, he stacked five logs across the grate.

Charlotte Ann came over to him. "Probably me. Aren't you going to put down kindling first? Build it up?"

"Nope." Reaching over, Royce put his hand on the log in the middle. Concentrating, he envisioned flame, and his mind reached out. Within seconds, the wood cracked and began to smoke. Seconds later, it combusted, and he withdrew his touch. Small tongues of fire danced along the wood, and began to feed. The snow began to melt, hissing where the fire contacted it.

"You never need flint and steel, do you?"

He stood up, turning to her. "I can use them when I have to. Sometimes psionics can't be used, and it does require a lot of effort. Right now, I think the expense is worth it. The fire is going strong and the room will warm up faster."

Charlotte Ann lowered the ceiling light, lit the four lamps, and raised it back up.

Royce opened the east shutter. He wiped the frosted glass with his hand and stared out over the town. Snow blanketed the streets and the rooftops of the buildings. "Talk to me Charlotte Ann. Tell me whether you really want a child or not."

"You are a master tactician in the battlefield, Husband. A telling blow, indeed." Charlotte Ann plopped down in her chair at her desk. Except for three clipboards with papers on them, it was bare. She sat the lamp onto the desk and picked up the first clipboard, scanning it.

"Why does that question disturb you?" he asked. "Or more to the point, why do you see that as an attack?" He walked back across the room. Then something caught his eye. On the wall above the cot was a painting, done by his younger sister, Dalinda. It was him, Susan, and Charlotte Ann on their wedding day, dressed in all their finery. "So that's where it ended up," he observed, touched. "You hide your heart well, my wife. But I'm not sure if you even know what your own heart wants."

"Why do you say that?" she asked.

"I think the idea that you love me scares the crap out of you. I think I know why, but I'm not sure what to do about it."

She dropped the clipboard onto her desk and sank back into the chair, staring at him.

"Do you love me?" he asked.

"Yes, Royce. I do," she said quietly. The difficulty with the admission troubled her. She did love him, but for some reason, she also felt out of sorts by the declaration.

"And does it scare you?"

"There's very little that frightens me," she asserted. Under his gaze, she flustered. "I don't know. Maybe. And I don't know why!"

Royce closed the door, then dropped the bar across it.

"Why'd you do that?" she asked.

"Room heats faster with it closed." He came around the desk.

"No. Why did you bar the door?" He lifted her out her chair and sat her on her desk. "What are you doing?"

He stood in front of her, leaning down. "Privacy. I want to hear it again. Do you love me?" His eyes locked onto hers.

"Yes," she whispered. She felt like he was looking right into her heart, seeing everything.

Royce pulled her up and embraced her, his mouth hungry on hers. With the barest second hesitation, she then responded just as hungrily. Long did their tongues touch and probe. His hands slipped inside her open jacket, running over her back and sides. When he finally moved off her mouth, nipping along her neck, she sighed.

"You are crazy," she told him. "It's freezing in here."

"But getting warmer all the time." He started sucking hard on her neck.

Realization hit and Charlotte Ann shrieked. "No! NO! No hickies! Royce! You'll embarrass me! Please, oh, please! Don't! Please?"

He lifted his head. "Did you ever think, my darling, they might be pleased to know your husband pays attention to you? Rather than something to hide, you should be proud to show it. If you act embarrassed, they will respond to that. If you act proud, they will see that, too." His fingers moved to her belt, unbuckling it. "I'm glad you wore your field pants. So handy."

"Handy?"

"Oh, yes. Earlier, you wouldn't let me eat you properly. I get satisfaction from giving pleasure, Sweet Wife. It has been too long since I've felt you come on my face."

"Let me put a blanket down first. If you're going to do me, it'll make clean up easier."

He let her up, eyes following her as she moved.

Part of her was resigned to the inevitable, but she realized, too, that even having made love earlier, she really did want him again.

She unbuckled her sword and put it onto the bookshelf. Opening up a storage drawer, she pulled out a blanket, spreading it out over the desk. Royce put the clipboards onto the shelf below her sword. She came back to the desk and sat onto it, legs apart.

Royce kissed her again, long and slow. "I want to do you, Charlotte Ann. The question is, do you want me, too?"

She traced the line of his jaw, and the breadth of his chest. "Yes, I do. I love you, Royce. If this is how you want me, I give myself to you."

He undid the buttons on the front flap of the trousers and pulled back the panel, exposed her crotch. Sitting down into the chair, he scooted forward, kissing her skin. Several times he traced around her mons. Adjusting herself, Charlotte Ann put her feet onto the arm of his chair, and lay back. When he finally ran his tongue along her outer lips, she sucked air. Slowly he worked along her crevice, blowing on it, licking softly. Bit by bit, her labia swelled, and her nether lips parted. Her breathing deepened and her hands stroked through his hair. When he ran his tongue firmly through the opening hole, she started rocking her hips. The more aroused she became, the deeper he could see into her sex. Like the petals of a flower opening to the warmth of the sun.

He put his mouth on her mound, running his tongue on the underside of her clit. She groaned, rocking faster. A few times, his tongue circled her clit before going back to the underside again. Faster she breathed. She lifted her legs, spreading them wider. Small, faint cries came from her as she panted, her juices flowing from her gaping pussy. His mouth dropped down to lap it up, reveling in the scent of her growing heat. Then he used his tongue to lick her fat lips, then brushed the underside of her clit once more. Charlotte Ann's hips rocked frantically now. When his mouth engulfed her clit, flicking rapidly with his tongue, she exploded. Legs clamped around his head as she sat up, heaving for air, shaking and gushing, her pussy opening and closing around his face. Royce chuckled in delight, then drank her juices.

After several seconds, her legs relaxed, and his tongue slurped up the flow from her still twitching pussy.

"Did you like that?" he asked finally.

She sat up and pulled him up for a kiss, tasting herself on his lips. "Oh, my, yes," she sighed. "That was really nice."

He smiled. "I'm glad." He used a bit of the blanket to wipe her down, then lifted the flap and started pushing one side into her pant leg.

"What are you doing?" she asked, surprised.

"Buttoning you up." He kissed her forehead.

"But ... but why?"

"Know one thing, my lovely Charlotte Ann. I will never, ever enter you against your will."

Her hand grabbed his. "I want you. You pleased me greatly. Let me please you."

"You have, Charlotte Ann. I love you. Would you like me to do it again?"

"Royce, don't make me beg!" She pulled out the flap, exposing her wet pussy.

"It's not begging. Don't you understand that? It's you telling me what you want. I love you. I want to be with you. I desire your body, your companionship, your love in return. You are my partner, my wife. You are a sexy woman, and not a day goes by without me wanting to slide into your pussy and come inside you. But I won't do that unless you want me to."

"Do it then!" Want smoldered in her dark blue eyes.

"Tell me what you want!"

"Fuck me! Please?"

"Take it out," he said. "Show me you want me. Take out my cock and guide me in."

Frantically, she undid his belt and opened up his trousers. The stiffness of his cock made it hard to undo the buttons on both sides, but at last it was free. She pulled him forward, and the fat, purple crown touched her gaping pussy. He moved closer, parting her. She sighed.

He was three-quarters inside her when there was a loud rapping at the door.

"Mother of God!" she yelled, almost sobbing.

Royce pulled out. "Just a moment!" he called. Cupping her face, he said, "Profanity, my love. Be careful with that. The gods do listen. Now, you wait right here."

Stuffing himself into his pants, he put the flaps in without buttoning them, then buckled his belt as he walked to the door. Frustrated but prudent, Charlotte Ann made herself presentable, checking her uniform. After all, one never knew. She debated moving the blanket, then left it.

Royce unbarred the door. Standing at attention was Jaima Livona Carpenter, one of the House Guards that had gone with Susan. She removed her helmet, giving a slight bow.

Immediately alarmed, Royce asked, "What's happened? Where's Susan?"

"My Lord! Your wife is all right, but she wanted me to tell you the news so you didn't hear it second hand, and incorrectly. We were not ten minutes into town, nearing the Councilman's place, walking along the sidewalk when part of a building collapsed. We think it was the weight of the snow. Hamil pushed the Duchess to safety. But for a small bruise on her hip, she is unharmed. Hamil and two others were severely injured. Once we pulled them out, the Duchess used her magic and healed them."

Charlotte Ann came behind Royce, slipping her arm around him, concern on her face.

The guardswoman kept her eyes on her Duke. "The Duchess stressed this last part. She said to say, 'Thank you,' and to say that you'd know what she meant."

"I do. Thank you, Guardsman," he answered quietly. "Where is she now?"

"Attending to wounded from the building. Then she is continuing on to Councilman Mason's home."

"Tell my wife that she is most welcome, and that I pray for her swift and safe return. Well done. Please tell the others I am well pleased with their actions. Now please hurry back to her."

Snapping a salute, the guardswoman replaced her helmet, turned and quickly descended the stairs.

Royce closed the door, barring it again. Then paused, closing his eyes briefly before nodding.

"I'm glad she's all right," Charlotte Ann said, leaning her head against his chest. "The day I lose her will be a black one indeed."

"I just contacted her. She's fine." He scooped her lithe body into his arms and carried her back to the desk. Without ado, he sat her down and pulled out the flaps on both their trousers. "Lay down, please," he said, then looked at her. "She's okay. Be here. With me."

She stared at him, then taking a deep breath, nodded, spreading her legs.

Royce stroked himself a couple of times, then put himself at her pussy. Leaning forward, he worked himself in. Lifting up her legs, he pressed them back against the desktop, fully implanting himself inside her. He could see her mind wasn't with him.

"Charlotte Ann, do you want this?"

"It scared me, the news did." She took a long breath, met his eyes. "Yes, Royce. I want you. Go slow at first. Get me focused back here." Her hands went up to his chest.

He nodded. Long and deep strokes into her. Slowly out, slowly in. She grew wetter, getting used to and then responding to his presence. Gradually, her breathing deepened. She ran her hands up and down his chest, now eager to increase her contact with him. At one point, he paused long enough to remove his jacket, tossing it to the chair. Smiling, she unbuttoned his jerkin, then his shirt. Playing with the sparse hair on his chest, narrowing to a strip from his belly to his groin, where it widened again before it disappeared under his trousers. She sniffed him, rubbing his skin, flicking his nipples with her thumbs.

"I feel you, Husband. Your hard, thick cock inside me, touching my womb." It amazed her, his maleness making her feel so feminine, his handsome face, strong body. She had fallen in love with him as he said they might. And he belonged to her, as she to him.

"I feel you, Wife. Your smooth pussy, wet and soft, caressing me, loving me." He loosened his grip on her legs. "You didn't answer me earlier. Do you want a baby?"

She locked her legs around his waist. "I-I don't know. No slight to you intended. Really. I don't know if I have what it takes to be a good mother. I fear I would be too short of temper. And there is breast feeding. How will I ever manage that? I can't take a child with me on patrol!"

"Last part first. Delegate, Charlotte Ann. I mean it. That's why you have officers. Yes, it's exciting out there in the woods. I know I miss it. But let your officers experience command. It will make them better soldiers. You can still be Lord Marshal and nurse a child. One does not preclude the other. Saint Elaura is Lord Marshal of the Caloren States, and a brilliant general. When she goes to war, her enemies tremble. And she has nine children."

"I like this. Unhurried. Intimate." She sighed, slowly rolling her hips, changing the angle of his penetration. "You've met her, haven't you?"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 47 milliseconds