Day Off For Three

She nodded. "It has been. For that, I'm truly sorry, Royce."

"You run the military as you see fit, and you make hundreds of decisions every day. I believe you are good at what you do. I may make the final decisions, but you are free to disagree with me. And if your arguments are sound, I usually let you have your way. I need you around, though. That's why I insisted you spend more time here, in town, instead of away in the field, working until you drop. It's the same reason I insisted we share one bed, not having separate rooms to sleep in. I won't be some stallion going from paddock to paddock. I crave having you close, feeling your warmth against my body during the night, just knowing you are there. Lord and Lady we are. But I want nothing between, no formality dividing us. Can you understand that?"

"If you wish. Knowing that makes my feelings for you even stronger, for if I surrender myself to you, I can trust that you won't hurt me. That's truly a big point for me. If I can't speak it, I will call you Lord in my heart."

Royce pulled her into his arms. "My Lady, you are. Your father does have a point, though. You sign your reports and decrees as Lord Marshal. I want you to add to it. Preface Lord Marshal with Duchess of Atansha."

"More incentive --as if I needed it -- to keep Susan safe. All right. As long as it doesn't mean I have to supervise laundry or do the accounts, I'll do as you ask." Seeing the amusement in his dark brown eyes warmed her. "Will you be going along with your parents? And even with their magical weapons and psionic powers, will you be enough to stop them without casualties?"

"I'd planned on you joining us. I will provide transportation for both of us."

Pleased, Charlotte Ann wriggled in his arms. "I have missed having my husband beside me in battle."

"And as for your query, it won't be just us. The Good Doctor and Uncle Anduvar aren't available, but other kinsmen are. Uncle Faramir, his wife Lolita, Uncle Darronaë, and Aunt Constance. I have no doubt that some of their elven Silver Knights, as well as a few hand-picked men selected by your father will all be joining us."

"Four Swords of Rondar, three of them wielded by warrior saints. Silver Knights, most of them fighter-mages. A high priestess of Isis. Giants are unbelievably strong, and there's a dragon with them. But I sort of feel sorry for the giants now. Are you going to warn them off?"

Royce nodded affirmatively. "They aren't coming for tea and biscuits, I'm sure. Yes, I'll give them a chance to retire peaceably, and to warn off their comrades at Little Pine Hill. And suffer accordingly if they refuse."

"That is the honorable thing to do. If was only us and our people, I would not give them warning, but hit them unawares. Warning would cost too many lives."

"I've explained the illness issue, too. Father tells me there's a new disease that's broken out north of the Skyreach Mountains, known as the Aurora Madness. It's been making its way south via trade caravans, and is partly magical in origin. It only comes with the winter, never in warmer weather. Those infected shimmer, like the northern lights, and they scream from extreme pain. It can last days or weeks, is highly contagious, and can kill if the victim doesn't get nourishment. Those affected are unable to care for themselves, and scream until they lose their voices. If it lasts more than a week, they often don't recover, their mind gone."

"How horrible! I'm glad we watch our sanitation. Most diseases are just bad health practices."

Royce nodded. "After the fighting, my mother will visit those ill, and see if this disease has made it here yet. For us, we need to have our priests inspect any new caravan arrivals, checking for disease."

"Very well. I'll make the necessary orders." She broke from his arms, and going to her desk, took out paper, quill, and ink from a top drawer and sat down. She wrote quickly. "I was thinking," she said, as the quill danced across the page. "Little Pine Hill will need assistance. We don't know how badly they have been hit. Perhaps we should put some supplies together?"

He nodded approvingly. "I will contact Lord Stark and let him know his messenger got through, and that we should be there very soon. It will be good for them to know that help is on its way."

Leaning against the desk, Royce steepled his hands again, cleared his mind and reached out telepathically. In a few minutes, it was done. Eric Stark, ruler of Little Pine Hill, informed Royce they were battered and wounded, but their defenses still held. Politely, he said that he looked forward to their arrival. Royce felt the underlying relief to his words.

There was a knock at the door. As Charlotte Ann was still writing her orders, Royce answered it.

It was Captain Stillman, an older, bearded veteran, with strawberry blonde hair and pale blue eyes. Bowing slightly, he saluted. "My Lord Duke. Present as requested, Lord Marshal."

Charlotte Ann opened her wallet on her hip, and unwrapped her seal as Lord Marshal.

Royce found a candle, lit it, and brought it to her.

"Thank you," she said, smiling up at him. "You really are useful for all kinds of things, aren't you?"

"I try," he said cheerfully.

Taking out a bit of red sealing wax, she heated the stick until it dribbled and pooled onto the bottom of her document. She carefully pressed the seal firmly into the soft wax. Then she blew on it, to cool it, then wrapped and replaced the seal into her wallet.

"Captain Stillman. A lot of things are happening at once. I've given Lieutenant Mason the task of clearing out space for the make-shift hospital. It'll be in the northeast tower. Mason is sick himself. I've ordered that all sick personnel are to be brought there and kept together until they are recovered and fit for duty." Charlotte Ann rose and came around the desk, and handed him the first document. "These are orders regarding new caravan arrivals, effective immediately. Send a copy of this to the temple in town." Then she explained about the new disease making its way south.

"I need you for another task. Little Pine Hill is under siege by a group of frost giants and ice dragons. Some of the attackers are on their way here. We have allies who will be arriving here very shortly, as well as Prince Caernach, the duke's father, and both of his wives. Please alert those on watch that very important people will be teleporting into the compound and to not be alarmed. My Lord and I will join them. We will go out to meet these invaders and likely do battle."

She handed him the second sheet. "What I need you to do is organize a relief column. I'm afraid I can't give you much time. Two hours at most. After we meet our enemy, our allies at Little Pine Hill will very probably need emergency help. Medical supplies. Food, at least four wagons worth. Draw on the manor stores if you need to. We'll get more later. Tools and workmen - a dozen should do. A blacksmith and two helpers, a couple stone masons, an engineer, some herders to handle fifty head of cattle. Make sure the smith has an anvil, coal, and ingots. Wagons and oxen for the supplies. The escorts will comprise two troops of horse, one regular, one militia, as well as one company of archers -- regulars, and one company of militia foot, armed with pike and halberd. Winter and rain gear for everyone, and food and supplies for a month. Also, notify Major Thorn of these events. I want the Major to activate a company of militia, and have another on standby for city defense. I'll authorize the costs. Colonel Blade should be back with the long range patrol in a few days. We expect to be back by morning, and I will lead the relief column to Little Pine Hill. Questions?"

"Support personnel?" he asked.

"Cooks and helpers, yes. Teamsters for the wagons. And any volunteers with medical or healing skill. Two messengers, with extra horses. Right now we can be light on sentries. I need this done."

"Will I be accompanying you, Lord Marshal?"

"I'm pleased you asked, Captain. Very well. You can be my second. Find Lieutenant Tinker. She can be in command of organizing the relief column. " She went back to her desk and drew up another document, writing quickly. "Part of the time we'll be sheltered, but I expect to spend time in the field, too. It's winter. Pack accordingly. These orders are for Colonel Blade, for when he returns." She signed it, folded it, and sealed it as well. Then she rose, and handed it to Stillman. "Carry on."

Putting the three documents into his wallet, he saluted, and departed in a hurry.

Royce put his arm around her waist. "Looks like you are going to be gone for a while again." He shook his head.

She laughed wistfully, leaning her head against his shoulder. "So much for staying around here, much less trying to get pregnant! At least this time you are going with me."

"We have a ton of things to do before our guests and family arrive." He lay his head on hers.

"Tons," she agreed. "I think I'll have the herald dig out the flag for Little Pine Hill. The messenger can come with us, bearing the standard for his people. One for Atansha, too, and the Duke's standard."

"Good idea," he replied. "I'll get two House Guards to carry them. Four for escort."

"And we need to tell Susan, too."

"Another excellent idea. How are you holding up?"

She shrugged. "Okay. It would be nice if she blessed us before we left."

"Yes, it would. I'll tell her in a few moments. I think we can spare five, maybe ten minutes, don't you?"

She looked up, and seeing the look in his eyes, was surprised. "Really?"

"If you're up for it."

The thought made her nether region twitch in anticipation. "Oh, that would be so nice. We'd have to hurry, though. I mean really hurry. Done and doing other things before our parents arrive."

Royce sprang forward, dashed to the door and put the bar in place.

Charlotte Ann undid her buckle, and loosened her belt, shoving her pants down to her knees. Part of her couldn't believe they were going to make love again, and so soon! Being fertile really made you horny! she thought. She looked back, seeing her husband moving to her, opening his pants. Out came his cock, thick and long. She felt herself grow wetter just looking at it. Leaning over, she grabbed the lip of the desk.

As the purple head touched her labia, she moaned, trying to part her legs further. "I can't believe how much I want you inside me!"

She was still wet enough for him from their previous coupling. Royce pushed into her, quickly taking possession of her sex.

She felt so full, so wonderfully stuffed. She loved him, wanted him. And now they had to race to complete their union before their parents arrived. Charlotte Ann felt like a naughty kid sneaking a cookie. Only it was much better! "Oh, that is sooooo good, Royce."

"It sure is," he agreed, pressing her hard against the desk. Grabbing her hips, he started stroking into her channel. She moved her hand under to rub her clit. As she became wetter, he picked up speed. He could feel her pushing back to meet his thrusts. Royce slipped his full length in and out of her. For several minutes, they focused on his rapid in and out of her open cavity; he on thrusting and she on meeting him, welcoming him.

"I think," he told her at last, "that my favorite dessert is creamed tart."

"What? ... ohhhhh ... wait! I'm ... aaahhhh ... I'm no tart!" The absurdity of him cracking a bad joke while her pussy was being thoroughly probed by his cock gave her the giggles. "Not fair .. Royce .. unhhh ... ohhhhh."

"Are you sure ... you aren't a tart?" he grunted, pumping harder and faster. "I could swear ... this is ... the cream filling." He ground his hips against her. Reaching around, he grabbed her breasts and squeezed as bolt after bolt of hot, sticky sperm shot deep into her pussy.

Charlotte Ann shrieked in surprise. Then came on him.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 513 milliseconds