• Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Grand Hunt
  • /
  • Page ⁨4⁩

Grand Hunt

"You know, I think you look just as sexy with them on," I said once she was fully dressed.

"I'm sure the missing bra and panties help," she sighed, but smiled as well. "Do you think mister big bad demon can leave my underwear in tact the next time? A girl built like me shouldn't be seen in public without them."

"I'd start carrying a second set in your purse!" I joked.

It was amazing that we could tease each other considering what we faced. It was crazy to talk about the future with certain death only moments away, but we could and we did. I guess it was our way of thumbing our nose at faith. Either that or we were simply delusional. Either way worked for me.

"Lace is expensive!" she snapped.

"Oh well," I shrugged. "We'll figure something out."

"What about tonight?" she asked. "I look like a slut in this costume without a bra!"

"It probably doesn't matter," I replied offhandedly. "Anyone we meet will automatically know you're a wanton woman from the smell of sex that's covering you."

"I don't suppose we have time for a quick shower?" she asked.

"Sorry, no."

We looked at each other in silence for a moment. I couldn't help it. I burst into laughter. She joined me a moment later and I pulled her close. We fell into one last kiss.

"I wish we had more time," she said more seriously when we separated.

"Me too," I said softly.

I took Kathy's hand and led her to the doorway. We found a mirror in the bathroom. I looked at myself in amazement despite already guessing the truth.

"Awfully enamored by yourself, aren't you?" Kathy asked a few moments later.

"I can't help it!" I grinned. "Somehow I'm an upper level demon now!"

"What does that mean?" she asked.

"That maybe, just maybe," I grinned. "I'll be able to save the woman I love from certain death."

"And what about you?" she asked. I shrugged.

I didn't want to tell her that there was no way I was going to survive, but there wasn't. I was the main target of this hunt. Despite my change, I was probably one of the weaker upper level demons and the couple downstairs were two very strong elders of their kind.

"Just be ready to run when I give you the word," I said, and then added before she could argue, "Now lets go back to the room."

"What for?"

"So I can change back into my human form and put on my clothes," I grinned. "I want to keep what happened to me a surprise."

We went back to the room and I quickly shifted and got dressed. I noticed Kathy looking at me oddly once I was done.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she shrugged. "It just that part of this night seems so surreal."

"Only part?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay, pretty much all of it!" she laughed. I smiled, but didn't laugh. I waited until she was done before speaking. It was very important to me that she listened to what I had to say.

"Kathy, I know how it feels, but you need to understand it's real," I said seriously. "I'm going to do everything I can to save you, but there's a good chance you're going to die. The only way to avoid that is to do exactly what I say, when I say it."

"I know it's real," she replied, equally as serious. "And it scares me half to death! But Drew, if meeting you and loving you is what brought me to this night, then so be it. I'll live or die at least knowing what true love feels like."

"Let's go," I said, my voice thick with emotion. "Just remember, move when I say move!"

"Bossy demon!" she snapped.

"Is there any other kind?" I couldn't resist replying.

This time we both laughed as we left the room and made our way down the stairs. The Lord and Lady saw and moved toward us. I decided not to try and avoid them. There wasn't much of a point anyway.

"Ah, there you are Drew!" the Lady said, using the same words and tone she used when we first met.

I frowned to myself because despite her casual words, I saw concern in her expression. It took a moment longer, but the truth finally hit. She knew, or at least she feared! The Lady knew how a higher-level demon was formed!

'Oh great!' I thought. 'Her kind knows more about how we demons work than I do! Why the hell didn't my father or mother tell me?' I pushed my resentment down and forced my mind to focus on the here and now.

"So kind of you to send us some company while we were upstairs," I said casually, realizing it was the truth. I'd thought the warrior had attacked on his own, but it made more sense if they sent him.

"I hope he didn't interrupt anything," the Lord asked.

"Nothing that we can't finish later," I replied, feeling Kathy looking at me oddly. We'd finished what we'd started, but I didn't want them to know that. Thankfully, Kathy was smart enough to keep her mouth shut.

"You are an optimist!" the Lady laughed. I fought hard not to smile myself. I could hear the relief in her voice.

"Do you think he'll come back down before the Grand Hunt begins?" the Lord asked.

"Not likely," I smiled coldly, but then decided to be careful by adding, "It turns out that he was a bit distracted by Kathy and I got lucky."

"Lucky!" Kathy cried, getting what I was trying to do. "You were skewered straight through!"

"Ah well, accidents happen," the Lord said, but he frowned as well.

"Speaking of the Grand Hunt," I said, trying hard to keep this casual, macabre conversation going. The more I learned the better off I was. "When exactly is this Grand Hunt going to start?"

"Oh my!" the Lady laughed. "You mean you don't know? There are rules to these things. A Grand Hunt can only start one hour prior to midnight on Halloween. Didn't your parents teach you anything?"

"Apparently not," I sighed, looking at the nearest clock. It was ten forty. I still had twenty minutes left.

"Don't feel bad," the Lord smiled coldly. "Constance and her parents are about to teach them a lesson they won't soon forget. This is the first year our master has condoned two Grand Hunts!"

"Then he made a mistake," I said with surprising confidence. Okay, maybe not that surprising. After all, I knew my parents far better than they did. I also knew the Halloween parties they threw. "I pity whoever attempts to hunt my parents."

"Save you pity for yourself!" snapped the Lord. I shrugged and suddenly was very tired on this conversation. I was saved from having to continue by the arrival of Kathy's friend Kyle.

"Ah ha!" he grinned as he walked up. "I've been looking everywhere for you two!"

I couldn't help smiling. Kyle had a way about him that just did that to people. It was odd really, because he was blond haired and blue eyed, and just handsome enough for a guy to feel threatened when Kyle was around his girl. Yet, it never bothered me that Kyle and Kathy were friends. There was just something trustworthy about the guy. Of course, today it was even easier to relax because he was dressed as a priest.

"What's up?" Kathy asked.

"Why, you're needed for the wedding!" Kyle cried.

"What wedding?" I asked, noticing that the Lord and the Lady slipped away as we talked.

"Yours of course!" he grinned.

"Oh no Kyle! Please no!" Kathy groaned.

"What?" I asked.

"Every year during his Halloween party Kyle insists that we play act something that has to do with his costume," Kathy sighed.

"Last year he was dressed as pirate!" Candy said as she joined us. She was another friend of Kathy's. "He made us all walk the plank!"

"It was one of my more ambitious undertakings," Kyle grinned. "You have no idea how long it took to get the carpets dried after that!"

"So this year is going to be a wedding?" Candy asked.

"Seems only right," Kyle replied. "The innkeeper here has gotten one of his serving wenches pregnant. I, being the town priest and all, must insist that they get married!"

"As is only right!" Robbie said as he walked up. He was Candy's boyfriend and a nice guy.

"What's wrong?" Candy teased. "You two have been dating long enough. Haven't you talked about marriage yet?"

"Actually," Kyle grinned at Candy. "It was a toss up between them or you two. Sadly, when the baby entered the picture I had no choice but to act."

"Amen!" Robbie joked.

I flinched slightly, but for the first time I wondered why I always did something like that when God or something religious was mentioned. I knew it came from my parents. I guess it was just something Demon's did. After all, God? Demon? It's not like we mix much!

"Kyle, please pick someone else!" Kathy begged.

"What's the matter?" Candy asked, still teasing. "Don't you love him?"

Kathy paused and looked at me. I smiled and tilted my head slightly, waiting for her reply. She shook her head and sighed.

"I love him," she said. "Though God only knows why!"

This time I refused to let myself flinch. The whole concept of God was foreign to me, but I knew Kathy well enough to know how much He meant to her. If she was one of His, and He let us find each other, how bad could he be?

"Let's do it," I said. "Let's get married."

"Are you serious?" Kathy asked.

"Completely," I replied. "We love each other, so why not?"

Kathy looked at me. She knew we'd probably never have a chance to get married for real. This was as close as we would ever come. I met her gaze and let her see just how much I wanted to do this. She smiled slowly.

"I guess for our child," she joked, rubbing her belly.

"Good!" Kyle said. "We're doing it in the chapel."

"You have a chapel?" Kathy asked in surprise. We knew Kyle house was big, but a chapel?

"Absolutely," he said. "Of course, it used to be my private study, but for tonight, it's a chapel!"

"Ah!" Robbie grinned.

"There isn't room for everyone at the party, so only invite your closest friends!" Kyle said. "We'll do the service in five minutes. It will be quick. We're running late and I want to finish it by eleven."

"Why?" I frowned.

"The pumpkin carving contest," Candy grinned.

"And trick or treating," Kathy added. She saw my expression and added, "Don't ask! He does this every year."

"Whatever," I sighed.

Robbie and Candy volunteered to be our best man and maid of honor. They dragged us into the other room making sure everyone knew what was going on. It was very embarrassing, but enjoyable in it way too. We were quickly separated once we found Kyle's chapel.

Robbie and I stood in front and waited while the room quickly filled up. I frowned when I saw Sam and the other demons present sitting on my side of the aisle. He saw me looking at him, shrugged and once again pointed to the door. I could see the Lord and the Lady there with the rest of their kind. I guess they wanted us altogether when the time came. I waved Sam over while Robbie was to one side speaking to a mutual friend.

"Sam," I said when he joined me. "I need you to do me a favor."

"What?" he frowned.

"I need you to escape this trap," I said succinctly.

"No problem!" he laughed. "And just how am I going to do that?"

"I'll give you the opening," I said carefully. "But there's a price."

"Isn't there always?" he sighed. "What is it?"

"You have to take Kathy with you," I answered. He looked at me oddly.

"You really do love her, don't you?" Sam asked, shaking his head. I shrugged. There was no use denying it. Besides, I didn't want to.

"Do you agree?" I asked quickly, hearing the Wedding March beginning.

"Do you think you can do it?" he asked in reply.

"Watch me!" I snapped with more vehemence then I realized I was feeling. "You know I'm not too thrilled with my parents in general, but tonight I'm going to take a page from my father's book. Just be ready."

"Okay," Sam said.

"Time to take your seats," Kyle said as he stepped in front of the altar. Sam nodded and made his way to the bride's side of the aisle. I nodded at him in thanks and then turned to watch the woman I loved making her way down the aisle.

The music was a little loud, but Kathy looked amazing. She was still wearing her serving wench outfit, but Kyle had given her a wreath of flowers for her head and a bouquet. There was even a short veil that was a little over the top, but not too much.

"Dearly beloved..." Kyle began when we were both holding hands and standing in front of him.

You had to give the guy a lot of credit. He knew his part well. I don't think he looked down at the bible once while he spoke. I tried to listen to his words, but mostly I was focused on Kathy. Demons didn't get married, but I couldn't believe just how much I wished this ceremony were real.

Candy and Robbie produced rings at the appropriate time. They were real, though simple. Kathy and I placed them on each other's fingers. We said our I Do's when prompted and I was surprised how odd it felt to say them, especially when I knew deep down I meant them with all of my heart.

"You may now kiss the bride!" Kyle said.

Kathy and I kissed to applause and whistles. We took our time about it and the whistles grew louder and some laughter followed.

"Congratulations!" Kyle said with a wide grin, but then looked at his watch, shook his head and added so that everyone could overhear, "Okay, the wedding is over! Will everyone please make their way to the front lawn!"

The room quickly started emptying. I didn't move. Neither did Kathy.

"I wish that could have been real," I said gently as I looked into her eyes.

"Me too," she said.

"What makes you think it wasn't?" Kyle asked. I was surprised he hadn't left yet. "After all, all a marriage entails is two people loving each other and declaring it to God. If you both truly meant what you said when you gave your vows, then your married."

"I'm not sure it's that simple," Kathy smiled.

"Well then it should be," Kyle said, and left.

"Nice wedding," Sam said as he joined us.

"Thanks," I said with a laugh. I looked around and noticed that he and the other demons had remained in the chapel.

"What gives?" I asked.

"This place seems as good as any," he shrugged. "It's only a few minutes to the Grand Hunt begins."

"At least most of Kyle's other guest won't be involved," Kathy frowned.

"Come here wife!" I grinned. "We have time for one more kiss!"

"Bossy bastard!" she snapped, but smiled and fell into my arms.

"Maybe I should find a human woman," Sam muttered.

"Oh no you don't!" Tanka said as she joined us. "If we lived through this, I'm going to tie you down and..."

"Promises! Promises!" Sam interjected. "You're said that before!"

"This time I mean it!" the she-demon insisted, sounding serious. Sam looked at her oddly.

"In that case, I hope we both survive," he finally said.

"Not likely," she replied.

"You never know!" I offered cryptically.

The big clock on the wall struck eleven and I'd like to say nothing spectacular happened, but that's not the case. The Lord and Lady, beautiful as they were, became even more so and burst into bright light. All those with them did so to a lesser extent. Bright blades appeared everywhere, although the Lord and Lady did not have their swords drawn.

"Good luck!" Sam said, casting off his human guise and letting his true form come firth. He had three horns on his head and his tail way far thicker than mine. He wasn't nearly as tall as his human self, but more muscular. His skin turned blue-black.

Tanka did the same next to him. She only had a single horn, but she had three rows of sharp shark-liker teeth and the nails on her fingers were long and glistening with poison. She didn't have a tail and her skin was gray and red.

The others of my kind changed as well. I looked around at them all and suddenly smiled. They were all frightening in their way, but also good looking. We might be demons, but we were the descendents of the beautiful warriors in front of us and it showed.

"You were right," I said to Kathy.

"I'm your wife," she joked nervously. "Of course I'm right. We're always right!"

"Very funny," I sighed, but I was smiling.

"Um Drew!" she said nervously. "What's your plan?"

"Just be ready!" I said, and then faced all the demons and cried, "To me! We'll have more of a chance if we fight them together!"

"And what chance do you have against us?" the Lord said, directed the others of his kind to move forward. He and the Lady remained back. They weren't needed to defeat the mid-level demons they faced.

"Let's see!" I cried and launched myself forward. I changed in mid stride into my true form and the sword that materialized dripped darkness. One of the demon saw.

"A higher lever demon!" the demon cried. "Somehow Drew is a higher level demon! We've got a chance! Attack!"

The carnage that followed was both frightening and awe inspiring. I'm not sure how many of the glowing swords I darkened, but by the time there was a pause in the battle, only a small handful of my fellow demons remained. One of my horns had a couple of inches broken off and I had burns over most of my body. They would heal given the time despite being created by the fiery blades, but the odds were I would get that time.

The Lord and Lady were the only two of the enemy left, but those of us left couldn't beat one of them, much less both.

"You will pay for this!" The Lady said, pulling her blade. It was so bright I couldn't look directly at it. The Lord did the same.

"Now Sam! You and the others take Kathy and run!" I demanded and moved toward the glowing pair in front of me. "I will hold them off until your gone."

"No!" Kathy cried suddenly. "I won't leave you like this!"

"Kathy! Please!" I begged.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "I'm your wife and I belong at your side."

I looked at her and shook my head. I hated her for not listening, but only because I loved her with every ounce of my being and wanted her safe. I saw that nothing would move her.

"Go Sam," I said. "Take Tonka and the others. I will do my best to give you as big of a head start as possible."

"No," he answered calmly. "I'm staying here with you."

"Are you mad!" I snapped.

"Maybe," he shrugged.

"We can't let a human upstage us, can we?" Tonka asked rhetorically. The other demons, the smart ones, disappeared as quickly as possible.

"Come and face your doom!" I said bravely to the Lord and Lady.

"Okay, even I think that a little too over the top!" Sam grinned.

"Forgive him," Tonka said. "He's new to this high level demon thing."

"Sorry," I grinned. "I was trying to channel my father." The three of us laughed, even Kathy joined in after a moment.

"How can you laugh?" the Lord asked.

"Why not?" I quipped back.

"You are weak and we are strong! You are evil and we are good!" he cried.

"No, you're not," Kathy said, interrupting his rant. "I don't know what you are, but you aren't good."

"You tell him human!" Tonka grinned.

"What do you know of good or evil?" the Lord snapped. "You are nothing but a disgusting human!"

"I may not be able to pull a flaming sword from the air, but I'm God's child," Kathy said calmly. "And that's enough for me. He will protect me from your kind."

"Why would he do that?" the Lord asked.

"Because she asked," a voice said. I turned and saw Kyle standing at the entrance to the room. He looked just as normal as always, but he didn't seem surprised by what he saw. "Kathy, come with me."

"Who are you?" she asked.

"It doesn't matter," he replied. "All that matters is that you don't belong here."

"I won't leave without Drew," she said.

"I'm sorry, I can do nothing for him or his kind," Kyle said sadly.

"Why not?" she cried, but he shrugged sadly.

I saw that Kathy wouldn't go. She refused to leave earlier because she loved me and she would refuse again. I only had one choice. I launched myself at the Lord and Lady. And this time, when I mean say launch, I mean launch! Wings I didn't even know I had appeared on my back and carried me to them in a moment! My blade scored on their bodies, but theirs burn me as well.

  • Index
  • /
  • Home
  • /
  • Stories Hub
  • /
  • NonHuman
  • /
  • Grand Hunt
  • /
  • Page ⁨4⁩

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 53 milliseconds