Monsters in the Mountains Ch. 02

She talked for about 10 minutes, not letting Jordan get in more than a few words. Finally, he could hear some sounds in the background.

"Oh good, your father's home." His mom said, and yelled for him to get on the line.

"Hi dad." Jordan said as he heard another phone pick up.

"Hey buddy. How's living in the mountains treating you?" Jordan's father asked.

"Great. I have an apartment in Gunnison, but I'm just tinkering around on great-great grandpa's old property." He said.

"I'd love to see it sometime."

"I'd love to show it to you. The road is pretty rough, though. It's about 20 minutes that can only be done on a motorcycle." Jordan knew his father wouldn't be caught dead on a motorcycle.

"Yeah, maybe some time."

There was a long and awkward silence, which Jordan finally broke. "It was great talking to you dad. I've got to get going here soon. I've got lots to do before I go back to the apartment and unpack."

"Alright. You be careful up there Jordan. I love you."

"Thanks dad, I love you too." Jordan said and hung up.

"That was actually kind of sweet." Kaitlin said.

"They're good people, just totally in the dark about so much of my life. Even more now. It's funny, but for the first time in my life, I don't actually care what they think, whether I'm doing the right thing or not."

"I think that's one of the steps on the road to adulthood. Spread your wings little bird." Kaitlin joked.

"I'm worried about Megan. She should have called by now. I'm calling her." Jordan said.

He dialed her number.

"Hey stud, sorry I didn't call earlier, I just wanted to wait until there was something to actually report. Jane's still in surgery." Megan's sweet voice told him.

"I understand. I just wanted to know that you made it safe. That truck can be a whole lot of car." Jordan said.

"You're sweet. I'm fine. I actually like driving your truck." She said. "So is anything new with you guys?"

Jordan and Kaitlin looked at each other. They burst out laughing.

"So I take it that's a yes? Come on, is been like 8 hours. What? Did you two do it?" Megan wondered

Kaitlin answered for them "We fell in love, Jordan's grandpa isn't his grandpa, he found out he's rich, and there may be buried treasure up here, though Jordan won't help me look for it... oh, and Jordan can't dance."

"Hey!"

"One at a time Kaitlin. You're in love with Jordan?" Megan asked.

"Well, we had a long talk, discussed our future and our feelings. I knew that I wanted what you and Jane have, and couldn't just be in it for the sex, so I admitted how I felt, and he felt the same way." Kaitlin tried to sound confident.

"Not that I'm one to talk, but you haven't even known him 24 hours yet." Megan said.

"I know. Somehow I feel like I know more about him than anyone else. I've seen him at his worst, and fell in love with the man." Kaitlin said sheepishly.

"It is hard not to fall in love with him. I had it bad within 24 hours too. You guys did it too, didn't you?" Megan asked.

"Oh my god. He took me out for lunch and then back to my apartment." Kaitlin said.

"How was it? Incredible, right?" Megan gushed.

"Oh my god! He went down on me; I've never felt anything like that. When you..."

"Ladies!" Jordan interrupted. "I'm sitting right here."

"Fine, Kaitlin I want details later." Megan said emphatically. Kaitlin giggled.

"Okay, something about your grandfather, Jordan?" Megan asked.

"Yeah, so that journal I found. It turns out that Enoch Brown was my biological great-great grandfather. Silas White married his widow and raised my great grandfather, John as his own son." Jordan answered.

"Wow, so that skeleton in the cave?.."

"Yup, grandpa Enoch." Jordan answered.

"Wow. I thought it was amazing that you gave him a respectful Bigfoot burial, but now I'm double glad. Aren't you glad I took DNA samples from everyone now? We can confirm that in our lab." Megan said.

"That'd be great." Jordan admitted, though he already knew what the test would show.

"So, you're rich?" Megan asked.

"Well, I was already rich. I've been saving all the time and a half overtime money from my work over the last 4 years. I have over $150,000 saved up for a house, but it is a sellers' market right now, so I was just holding on to it.

"Grandpa Enoch was mining a rich gold vein when he died. The vein is still there, and about two ounces of gold fell out when I pulled his old pick from the wall. There might be a few ounces left, or there might be a fortune. Add to that the 20 ounces Grandpa Enoch had in his satchel when he died, and a possible hidden fortune, and yeah, there's the real possibility that I am rich with gold." Jordan explained.

"He buried his treasure? Megan asked. Like a pirate?" Megan asked.

"I think it might be gone." Jordan answered. "It wasn't in his satchel, and I didn't find it in the ruins of his cabin. If it's still up here, it had to be hidden somewhere."

"What about the mine, can you get that gold out safely?" Megan wondered.

"The vein is in igneous Basalt, with good grain. I'd support a few places, but I think I can get it out without causing structural damage." Jordan answered.

"Of course, leave it to soil boy to know what rocks are in his mine, and the civil engineer to know structural integrity. Now I'm jealous that Kaitlin got to see you dancing. I would have loved to see you fail at something. Kaitlin, I'm mad at you bitch." Megan Joked.

"It was a simple miner's happy dance. He was all knees and elbows, and nothing moved together. If I can get him to do it on video, I'll send it to you." Kaitlin laughed. "It'll go viral on YouTube, it was that entertaining to watch."

"You guys suck." Jordan faked a complaint, but couldn't hide his smile. He grew serious remembering the reason for his call. "I know you aren't with her, but have you heard anything about Jane?"

"I know she had some swelling in her brain, and they had to remove a piece of cranium to prevent damage and allow swelling to occur. They set her broken arm with pins, and I missed a hairline fracture in the other arm. They're keeping her in a medically induced coma until she is back with you guys, to let her heal, and prevent her from getting stressed out. It should be 2-3 weeks before she's stable enough for transport.

"Jim Stein is the one you should be talking to. He's been on the phone all afternoon with the hospital administrator. He knows what's going on. I know that she has two of the top surgeons in the state working on her right now. Apparently they signed a NDA, and Dr. Stein's paying them whatever they ask." Megan answered.

"Alright, thanks Megan. Call back as soon as you know something, alright?" Jordan asked.

"Definitely, and Jordan, you might want to give Dr. Stein a call. He's over the moon right now, and I know he wants to talk to you, but is trying to respect your privacy. I'm sure he'll talk your ear off.

"Oh, and Kaitlin, can you stay on the phone a while? I hate hospitals and I hate waiting. I could use a little girl talk." Megan pleaded.

"Of course." Kaitlin's smile was huge.

Jordan turned and walked into the cave. He was mentally exhausted, both from the highs and lows of his day. He didn't have the strength or energy to talk to Dr. Stein right now. He wanted to lay down and cry, but he knew the tears wouldn't come. 'Maybe I'll just cuddle a fuzzy sleeping giant.' He thought.

Sarah's eyes came open in the dim light as Jordan entered. The other 4 Bigfoot were sleeping in a pile, and Jordan didn't see Pebbles or Bam-Bam, so he assumed they must be part of that pile.

Sarah lifted her head, then spread her legs and tapped her sex. She then extended her arms to Jordan, giving a clear signal of what she wanted. Jordan wanted it too. He stripped his clothing off quickly, and eased himself into Sarah's waiting arms.

She wrapped Jordan gently in a firm embrace, nuzzling his neck and grunting. Jordan returned the gesture, enjoying her soft fur on his face, and rich scent in his nose. Sarah swiveled and rocked her hips, finding Jordan's hardness, and guiding her entrance over it. When Jordan was in position, Sarah lowered one hand to his ass and pulled gently, easing him inside.

Jordan rocked with Sarah slowly, gently making love to her. He could feel her vibrating with excitement, and within a few minutes, she clenched hard on his cock, moaning through her first release. Jordan sped up imperceptibly, his hands running over her soft fur. He teased a nipple, and Sarah jerked hard. She moaned through another release, her head thrown back.

Jordan felt eyes on him and looked around. Kaitlin was standing crouched in the mine entrance, watching Jordan and Sarah together. There was love and admiration in her eyes, and a satisfied smile on her face. She was whispering into the phone, and Jordan smiled at her before burying his face in Sarah's neck again.

Jordan rocked slowly, exploring Sarah's body while she rubbed her huge hands up and down his back and butt. She fired off several small orgasms, breathing heavy while Jordan felt little fluttering motions around his buried erection.

Finally, Jordan was ready for his own release, and he knew that Sarah was building up to a big one of her own. He sped up gradually until he was slamming hard and fast into her. Sarah held Jordan's upper body firmly, and wrapped her giant legs around Jordan, moving her feet in rhythm with his hips, encouraging him.

Sarah came first, screaming out so loud that the pile of sleepers stirred, four heads lifting from the pile to watch. When she clamped down hard on his hard length, Jordan felt his climax wash over him, and he continued pumping his hips, as his essence flowed into Sarah's receptive body.

He groaned as wave after wave of bliss washed his stress and worries and pain away, and in that moment he felt the peace that he sought. Jordan's whole body relaxed as the orgasm receded, and his eyes closed as he drifted between awake and sleep.

Sarah's legs slowly lowered, but her arms wrapped gently around Jordan, warming and comforting him. He could feel her breathing change as his own sleep overtook him.

***

Sarah was still sleeping below him in the morning when Jordan awoke. The morning sun was just barely illuminating the cave entrance. He sat up, and saw Kaitlin's red hair spread out on Ginger's red fur as her head cuddled the giant's shoulder. The two were asleep, and the cave was otherwise empty.

Jordan rose, pulling out his phone to check the time. It was 7 AM. Jordan dressed and went outside, where he sent a text to Dr. Stein 'Pls call when convenient.'

He sat on a rock, and his phone rang less than a minute later.

"Hi Jordan, I'm glad to hear that you're up. I trust that you slept well? How's the back and shoulder?" Dr. Stein's voice was excited, but tired. Jordan wondered if he had woken the man.

"Hey Jim. They hurt. I'm good, and I slept well but it doesn't sound like you did. Did I wake you?" Jordan asked.

"I never went to sleep. I've been working all night. You and Megan have me running around putting out fires and answering questions." Dr. Stein admitted.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can get some rest today." Jordan said.

"Not likely, and no need to apologize. I've learned more in the last twenty hours than I did in my previous 20 years. The video of you and Missy killing the male, and the video of inside the mausoleum in the mine are making a big splash. It's days like this I live for, and I've never been happier to be in my position." Dr. Stein said excitedly.

"How's Jane doing?" Jordan asked.

"She's stable. The doctors don't think there will be any permanent damage, and the swelling is already going down. They expect to put the cranium plate back in place within the next 48-72 hours, and then they'll keep her for observation for the next two weeks.

"There is something you can help us with. She lost a lot of blood. We're pushing IV fluids, which is stabilizing her BP. She's not compatible with human blood types, but we're hoping you can get a blood donation from Missy.

"I don't know the first thing about Phlebotomy." Jordan admitted. "And why Missy specifically?"

"I can walk you through the process, and I'm sure you'll do fine. As for why Missy, well... Last week Megan took cheek swabs from each animal as they were sleeping. We got the samples at our lab in Oregon, and have been sequencing all week.

"Missy is Jane's mother. Ginger is Missy's half-sister, Jill and Wilma are cousins of the group, and Sarah doesn't seem to be closely related to any of them. She is an outsider. Missy and Jane have the same blood-type and Rh factor. She can donate to her daughter if you can get a sample.

"I'll walk you through the blood draw, and I'll have a National Guard helicopter pick it up and deliver it to the hospital."

"Again with the National Guard. I know you have connections, but isn't that kind of a waste of taxpayer resources?" Jordan asked.

"Not at all." Dr. Stein said confidently. "The helicopter pilots have to log a certain number of flying hours every quarter to stay certified. If we don't give them tasks, they go up and circle around the state, wasting fuel and yes, taxpayer dollars.

"Besides, the President himself has been very interested in the reports we have been sending him. I'm told he watched the videos of your fight and in the mausoleum three times. The governor is interested, as are senators on the appropriations committee.

"They've been complaining for years that we weren't making any progress with human-Bigfoot relations, and yours and Megan's work has been a huge shot in the arm for our organization. We have almost a blank-check, within reason, to support your effort.

"Get the blood, and get it to the chopper. We'll take care of Jane from there." Dr. Stein ordered.

"Okay, do we even have blood drawing equipment?" Jordan asked.

"There should have been a red duffle bag that Megan brought up last week. Can you find it?" Dr. Stein asked.

"Yeah, it's in the cabin." Jordan recalled. "Give me a few minutes to run over there. Missy isn't back yet, so I can call you back when she returns."

"Alright, talk to you soon." Dr. Stein said, and they hung up.

Jordan ran down to the cabin where he found the red bag right where Megan had left it. He carried it through the trees, across a meadow and up the mine tailing to the entrance. The girls had returned while he was gone, and Kaitlin and Ginger were awake. Sarah was still sleeping.

Jordan approached Missy, hugging and nuzzling her. He took her hand and pulled her outside, sitting on the big, flat rock, and pulling Missy down to sit with him. He called Dr. Stein.

"Okay, everything you need will be in the side pocket with the blue zipper." He said.

Jordan found the blue zipper and opened it. He took out the items as Dr. Stein described them, rubber gloves, a collection bag, a butterfly needle, a tourniquet and an alcohol swab.

"Okay, you may want to shave her arm if there's too much fur in the way."

Jordan looked for a razor, but didn't find one. He opened Silas's satchel, and took out the old straight razor. He carefully took Missy's arm, and started shaving a patch in the crook of her elbow. Missy looked at him with a puzzled expression, but allowed him to continue.

"Alright, done." Jordan announced.

"Okay, I want you to put the gloves on, then open the pouch with the butterfly needle and pull it out." Dr. Stein instructed.

Jordan followed his instructions. He could see fear and nervousness in Missy's eyes, and wished that he could explain it to her. Then he had an idea.

"Dr. Stein, I'm going to draw my own blood first, just one of these tubes. Missy looks a little panicked, and I need to show her it's okay." Jordan said.

"That's fine, there's plenty of needles and collection stuff. Actually, save that. We've been meaning to get a blood sample from you for a while now." Dr. Stein said cheerfully.

Jordan kept his face stoic as he pushed the needle in and filled the glass test tube with his own blood, watching Missy's face, and even smiling at her as he pulled the needle out, and separated the tube.

Then it was Missy's turn. She sat still, watching Jordan insert the needle, and watching as her blood slowly filled the bag. Jordan let the bag fill completely, and then started a second bag, since Missy was so big and healthy.

"I got two bag's worth for Jane." Jordan announced.

"Great, that will be a big help. There's a cold pack in the main pocket of the duffle, and an insulated pouch. Please break the cold pack to activate it and put all three blood samples in there." Dr. Stein asked.

"The helicopter will be landing in the same spot as where they picked up Jane in the next 30 minutes. Please try to be ready. The pilots have signed an NDA, but we'd still appreciate it if you could try to keep the ladies out of sight, so there's one less thing to explain to them." Dr. Stein requested.

"I'll see if I can get Kaitlin to run point on the ladies." Jordan offered.

Hearing her name, Kaitlin popped her head out of the cave. Jordan briefly explained the situation, and Kaitlin agreed to break out the fruit treats, and keep the Bigfoot out of sight.

"While I've still got you on the phone, did Megan tell you about what I found on the land?" Jordan asked Dr. Stein.

"I've been fielding calls all night from the President and congressmen. I haven't had a chance to talk to her. Is it important?" Dr. Stein asked.

"I don't know, maybe. Enoch Brown, who claimed this land originally was my biological great-great grandfather. He kept a journal, and mentioned the Bigfoot encounters he had. It sounded pretty similar to my own experiences.

"I was struck by something you said the first time we talked. You said that the Bigfoot should have moved on, and would return in time if they weren't disturbed. They stayed.

"Silas and Enoch kept going into their mines scaring them and they stayed. Silas shot one of them, and they stayed. The Bigfoot even visited the cabin nightly, knowing that the humans were a danger to them. That doesn't sound like normal Bigfoot behavior. Shouldn't they have run?" Jordan asked.

"That does sound important." Dr. Stein answered. "I'd love to see that journal, if you're willing to share it. And no, that's not normal behavior. You're right, there's something about your land that they're willing to risk their lives for. I'll have to think on that some more. I thought it might have been for the mausoleum, but that wasn't there in 1893. Hmm." Dr. Stein was silent for a time.

"I'd like to retain ownership of the journal and the letters that came with them, but you're welcome to curate them and keep them safe for me. Just let me know when and where you want me to hand them off." Jordan offered.

"I'll send a courier to Gunnison when you get back in town, and thank you." Dr. Stein replied.

They said their goodbyes and hung up. Jordan walked down the hill and followed the little brook down to the meadow where the helicopter would land. He heard it coming 10 minutes before it landed. A big khaki single rotor aircraft touched down, and slowed the engine. Jordan handed off the bag, and the pilot waited for him to clear the blades before he was off the ground and headed east over the ridge.

Megan called as he was returning to the mine. "Hey Jordan, there was nothing for me to do in Denver, and Jane's going to be unconscious for the next two weeks anyways. I think I'm more useful up there with you, so I left this morning.

"Do you think you could come pick me up on the motorcycle in about 30 minutes?" She asked. Jordan agreed and continued into the mine to tell Kaitlin where he was going.

He arrived early, and played with his cabin design on the surface tablet from his old job while he waited. Megan drove up in his truck, and jumped out before the engine even stopped running. She ran to him and hugged him tight, being careful with his shoulder.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 13 milliseconds