The Best Summer Job Ever Ch. 05

"Moving in? Is this about her money?" my mother said looking dumbstruck now.

"I understand how this must make you feel Janet," Ellen said in a soft voice.

"Do you have any children Ellen?" she snapped.

"Yes a daughter," she said meekly.

"Well you can come back and tell me you understand how I feel when she brings home a man twice her age. Until then don't you dare try to tell me you understand what this feels like" she said standing to leave.

"Mom please I love her and..." I wanted to explain but she didn't give me a chance.

"Love her?" she said her eyes wide with anger.

"Yes..." I said looking at my feet.

"You're old enough to make your own decisions and you're smart enough to know I don't approve of this at all. She's certainly pretty enough so have your fun Dan and pretend this will work. Get it out of your system and move on with your life," she said daring me to say something back to her. "To think I used to worry that he never brought home any girls for us to meet," she muttered in disgust as she walked away.

"I'm so sorry about that," my dad said with a nervous smile when she'd left. "You're not what we were expecting Ellen, but I'm glad you both decided to tell us. She'll come around," he said nodding towards to other room. "She just needs some time."

"Thanks dad," I said. "I'll just get some of my clothes for now," I added as my father nodded.

"I'll wait for you outside" Ellen said as I rushed upstairs.

"Well that went smoothly," I joked getting into the SUV with Ellen ten minutes later. I could see that she'd been crying and it tore me up inside.

"She hates me," Ellen said wiping her eyes.

"She doesn't hate you, she hates the idea of her son dating an older woman. When she gets to know you she'll love you like I do," I said grasping her hand.

"Do you really think so?" she asked hopefully.

"I know so, just don't tell her you don't want any more children or you're on your own," I said but again my joke failed to lighten the mood. Ellen actually looked far worse now.

"Oh Daniel I thought I'd told you," she said in a trembling voice.

"Told me what?" I asked.

"When I had Jessica it was a difficult birth. There was a lot of bleeding," she said in a tiny sad voice. She looked as if she was talking about something that happened yesterday, not twenty years ago. I've never been able to forgive myself for bringing back her most painful memories. "When it was all over they told me more children wouldn't be possible. There I was holding my precious little girl on what should have been the happiest day of my life, and it was, but a part of me couldn't stop thinking about all the others I'd never have. I guess a part of me never will."

"Come here Ellie," I said holding her in my arms. "I didn't know. I'm so sorry I never knew."

"You're not mad?" she said sounding surprised. "You still want to be with me?"

"Is that part of the reason you sent me away after our summer together?" I asked feeling sick when she nodded and studied the floor. "Look at me Ellie. I love you. The two years we spent apart were the most miserable years of my life. If we need a baby to complete our lives then we can adopt one, but I could never leave you to have a child with another woman. How could I love a baby who reminded me everyday that he or she was the only reason I wasn't with you?" It warmed my heart to see the fear in her eyes evaporate.

"You're such an amazing man Daniel," she said drying her eyes and kissing me. She let me hold her in my arms for a long time before finally speaking again. "Where should we go?"

"Let's go home," I said relieved that I was able to make her smile at last.

We made love as soon as we got home. That night I dressed in one of the suits Ellen had given me two years ago and we went to dinner. Ellen made me hide to surprise Gwen at dinner. Seeing four places set Gwen asked the waiter to take one away, but Ellen told her she'd brought a date. When I stepped out she gave me a huge hug and told me how happy she was to see me back with Ellen. I don't know exactly what it was about him, but Ellen was right, I could tell Peter was the perfect man for Gwen the first time I met him. Gwen made me promise to attend the wedding, as if there was anyway Ellen would let me skip out on being her date.

After that night Ellen and I did all the things we been afraid to do as a couple before. I went to her fancy dinner parties where she didn't let anyone mistake me for anything but her man. It was awkward at first but the more of them we went to the easier it got. The same people showed up to each one and before long I was just one of the crowd. Ellen was a no nonsense woman and I think they all knew she wouldn't have tolerated anything less. I found it hard introducing her to my friends and they all made the same tired kept man wisecracks. They accepted her though because in the end they could all plainly see how much she meant to me. She never liked to flaunt her wealth, but insisted on paying for dinner or whatever else we did with my friends, something the poor students and recent graduates could appreciate. None of them expected it from her but they were always genuinely grateful for her generosity.

I got to see Jessica again soon after Ellen and I reunited. She'd broken up with her most recent boyfriend but was already on the prowl for a new one. Somewhere out there was a guy who was going to get himself one hell of a woman if he could only keep up. I'd been extremely worried that they'd expect me to welcome Jessica back into our bed, but it never came up. Ellen and I were a real couple now and Jessica respected our privacy. She came and went spending some time with us over the summer between traveling and visiting friends before her classes started again in the fall. One night she admitted to me that she really wasn't interested in school, but both her parents agreed that no degree meant no trust fund. At least there were lots of guys at school she said with a laugh making me promise not to tell her mother. I told Ellen about her lack of interest in school anyway because I didn't want to hide anything from her, but should have known she didn't need me to tell her.

Our first big fight was over my unwillingness to rely on her money. I hated the idea that anyone could think I wanted this amazing woman for anything other than who she was. Working a job I hated for a boss I hated even more to make sure I had enough money to see to my own needs was something I felt like I had to do. Once my boss found out my girlfriend was much older than me and incredibly wealthy he seemed to take great pleasure in making endless jokes at my expense. Each day somehow managed to be worse than the last. He mocked me constantly, joking that if I didn't like it maybe I should get my girlfriend to buy the place and fire him. With the way he treated me he was lucky I didn't tell Ellen half of what went on or she might have tried just that. I came home too tired to do anything but go straight to bed most nights and let some of my anger come out in my words to Ellen.

"Why do you keep going to that place everyday if you hate it so much?" she shouted at me one night when I came home in a foul mood.

"What are you talking about? I have to work," I said shaking my head.

"Why? We have more money that we could ever spend. At least find a job you like," she said angrily.

"It's your money and it's not the reason I'm with you. I don't want people to think..." I started to explain.

"Who gives a fuck what people think? No matter what you do they're going to think it anyway honey so let them. I know you love me, that's all that matters," she said trying to kiss me.

"But..." I started again.

"There are no buts," she said. "How do you think it makes me feel seeing you go to a job you hate everyday? You come home everyday tired and upset. I know you're not mad at me, but I'm the one you take it out on. How would you feel if I was working a job I hated and you had the money to support us both?"

"That would be different," I said stubbornly.

"No it wouldn't honey. How can you expect other people to accept our relationship if you won't? I know you have your pride, but you need to stop killing yourself for that horrible man. If it were a job you loved or one where they at least treated you with respect then I wouldn't care at all. It breaks my heart knowing you'd rather go through that everyday than spend some of our money," she stressed the words "our money" as she started to cry. I always felt horrible when I made her cry.

"I'm so sorry Ellie," I said taking her into my arms. "If you want me to quit then I will."

"So you'll tell them tomorrow?" she asked resting her head on my shoulder.

"No," I said waiting for her to give me a frustrated look. "I just won't show up anymore and they can figure it out from there."

"Oh honey," she said laughing and kissing me. "Thank you Daniel that makes me so happy. Don't you just love makeup sex?" she asked unbuttoning my shirt with a smile.

"Well I'm pretty beat, but I can lie here all vulnerable and helpless if you want to take advantage of me," I said with her fingers already attacking my belt.

The longer we stayed together, the more my mom believed it might last and she slowly started to warm up to Ellen. She cared about me too much to lose me because of who I was with. In the beginning I had a lot of arguments with her and didn't bring Ellen back for a long time. My father remained the calming influence and he was able to make mom listen to him. Eventually she realized I'd decided to spend my life with Ellen and it was up to her how big a part she'd play in my life from now on. I didn't think she'd ever accept Ellen completely like I'd hoped, but she made a real effort and she couldn't deny the fact that we loved each other.

After a several months, the amount of sex in our life slowly diminished but it didn't drive us apart like I once feared it might. Knowing we were going to have a tomorrow took some of the urgency out of relationship. Neither of us felt the need to spend every waking moment in bed anymore. It felt good to watch a movie together and not glance at the clock wondering how many orgasms we'd cheated ourselves of. If I was ready for bed I didn't care if she wanted to finish watching her show or give one of her friends a call. If she wanted sex when she came to bed she knew plenty of good ways to wake me up. She didn't mind if I spent a night out with the guys. At the same time she knew she was always my first priority, all she had to do was say the word and I'd blow them off. The sex was still frequent and fantastic, but missing a night here or there didn't feel like a huge loss anymore. I know I never turned her down when she wanted it and couldn't remember her refusing me either, but she would tease me once in a while.

That summer at Gwen's wedding I watched the ceremony from the bride's side of the church. Gwen looked beautiful in her wedding dress, but to me she paled in comparison to her maid of honor. After the dinner and Ellen's obligatory dance with the best man, she spent the night in my arms sparing a single dance for Peter while I partnered with Gwen. Ellen looked so happy for her friend and I smiled knowing the romance in the air meant I was in for a night of incredible passion. There was something else in her eye and it didn't take me long to figure it out. I could tell she was thinking about what it would be like to be the bride one more time. Closing my eyes a moment I found it easy to picture her in a wedding dress and knew immediately that I wanted it too.

I had known the day she accepted me back into her life that marriage was part of any real future together. Ellen was a strong, independent woman who wasn't afraid to take what she wanted. At the same time I knew she was old fashioned when it came to romance and loved it when I brought her flowers or opened a door for her. I couldn't envision her asking me to marry her so the responsibility was on my shoulders. I ran the idea by Jessica and then Gwen. They both said almost the exact same thing when they stopped screaming for joy. They assured me she would say yes and told me not to worry about anything else. When I told my parents, even my mother seemed pleased and that's when I knew I was on the right track. By now she had accepted the fact that Ellen was the woman I was going to spend my life with and she wanted to see her son marry the woman of his dreams no matter who she was.

The only problems remaining were what to do about the ring and how to ask her. Month after month I held back because I could never afford the expensive ring she deserved. No matter what I did the best I could give her would never compare to the jewelry she already owned. She was out shopping one night when I let myself into her vanity and sorted through her collection. There was so much more than I imagined and I realized that I'd never seen her wear most of it. Looking around there were only a few things I recognized and then it hit me. The only jewelry was never without was the necklace I'd given her down in Mexico. The cost of the ring didn't matter at all because whatever I gave her would represent my promise to love her now and forever. The best I could afford was more than enough for her. I was confident now and I knew the perfect place to ask her too.

When I mentioned taking a trip to Mexico a little over a month later Ellen thought it was a wonderful idea. She took care of all the arrangements booking us for two weeks in same hotel we'd stayed at before. Right now she was in the middle of some important business deals so we wouldn't be leaving for over a month. I already had the ring picked out but it gave me time to plan everything else. Having saved most of the money I'd made from my job before quitting and continuing to work gardening jobs I had a decent sized ring fund set aside. Ellen had recommended me to some of her friends and they were happy to hire me for landscaping advice when they found out I was the one who had worked on hers the summer Ray was away. In the end, I had saved enough money to get her a ring most women would dream of owning. I found a jeweler in town who did amazing custom work and spent hours sitting in his store going over his books of designs until we'd come up with the perfect ring for the love of my life. The ring had a diamond at the center, with smaller diamonds and emeralds surrounding it, and the white gold band was engraved with her favorite flowers. When I showed it to Jessica the immediate tears in her eyes told me I'd chosen wisely.

The last time we'd come to Mexico the only thing on our minds was lust for each other. Plenty of that remained and our first few days were filled with fucking and memories of our first trip, but we had a lot more time now. We spent most mornings together on the beach and visited the same restaurants we'd gone to on our last trip. My original plan had been to ask her to marry me on our last night in Mexico, but I decided it would be better to ask halfway through so we'd have a week to celebrate alone. I'd thought ahead enough to make dinner reservations on a few different nights so I'd have options once we got down there. I let her go shopping alone and went to the restaurant where we'd be dinning tonight. When I told the staff there I'd be asking my girlfriend to marry me tonight they went out of their way to help make it special by providing flowers and the privacy of a secluded table. Ellen really was rubbing off on me because I let my money show how grateful I was with the promise of a lot more if things went as smoothly as promised.

"Do you have anything planned for tonight hon?" Ellen asked when I got back to the hotel and found her taking a bath.

"Just a romantic dinner with my favorite girl. Did you want to come too? I can call and see if they have a table for three," I teased jumping back from the water she splashed at me.

"Get in here," she said with smoldering eyes.

"But I'm not dirty," I said staying out of her reach.

"I said get in," she said looking desperate for me to join her.

Stripping down as she watched with a triumphant smile, I was naked but not quite erect in seconds. She knelt up in the water and sucked my cock as I stood waiting to get in. By the time she stopped I was completely hard and well on my way to cumming. Standing she let me get in a sit down then sank down onto my familiar cock. Sometimes Ellen liked to see just how fast she could make me cum and today was one of those days. She knew I had plenty of staying power when needed, but took great delight in knowing she turned me on so much I was helpless to resist her. Seeing me look away and trying to make myself last only made her more determined as she kissed my neck before filling my ear with dirty talk. Groaning I let my cum flood her pussy and slumped in the water, spent for now. She giggled with glee and hopped out of the water after rinsing her cunt to start getting ready.

Ellen let me soak in the water for a few minutes, but it wasn't long before she stared at me though the mirror and told me to finish up. Every time we went out to a nice dinner or show she wanted to surprise me with her outfit. I'd come to expect it and love it, even though she'd never look less than fantastic in my eyes no matter what she wore. Dressed in my new tailored suit Ellen had bought me for the trip I waited for her nervously, checking my pocket every few minutes to make sure the ring was still there. In my mind I pictured her wearing a slinky light blue dress. She knew it was my favorite color on her and there was a large section of her closet devoted to that particular shade of blue now. When she came out I smiled wide seeing that I'd been right.

"I knew you'd be wearing that color," I said proudly. The color was right but the dress was cut differently than I pictured. The neck was much higher showing no cleavage but clinging to her breasts and the back was open revealing a lot of skin.

"You're no fun," she pouted. "How can I surprise you when every time I ask you to pick something you always want the same color?"

"The outfit doesn't matter Ellie. It's the girl inside the wrapper I want to play with," I said making her smile at me.

"Well next time I'm picking something completely different then," she said.

"Ok but I think the blue looks best on you," I said honestly.

"Of course you do," she said rolling her eyes, but it was all in fun. "I'm ready if you are hon."

I let her take my arm and led her to the elevator down to the lobby. There was a car already waiting for us and it looked like he'd been there a while. He knew who he was waiting for though and greeted us with a smile, knowing the tip would more than make up for it. In the past Ellen had tried getting me to take her money and pay when we went out, but that made me feel much worse than just letting her pay our way. Over time I was becoming more comfortable with her wealth. Ellen was always going to be obscenely wealthy and the longer we were together the less it mattered. I'd never be able to spend freely like her though. She laughed at the way I liked to look for bargains at the grocery store as if saving a quarter on a box of cereal would somehow make a difference. It was a habit I'd developed as a poor student and I just couldn't shake it.

At the restaurant they took us directly to our private table. I pulled out Ellen's chair for her and the bouquet of her favorite flowers was on her seat as planned. She kissed me in thanks and gave me a look that said she knew something might be up. As we sat down I could tell she was wondering why they hadn't left menus for us, but smiled when I poured from a bottle of one of her favorite wines for her. Our waiter returned shortly with appetizers and again I'd pre selected some of her favorites.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2023. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+795cd7d.adb84bd⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 12 milliseconds