The Link Pt. 03: The Huntress

"My vehicles will follow," the captain said. It sounded non-negotiable. Teegan nodded in agreement. It didn't matter much, the captain would know where we were going anyway. The captain leaned into his vehicle, giving some commands to the driver, then started walking toward our SUV. Teegan climbed back in next to me, proud that she had diffused the situation. She was a lot stronger than I had thought. Wealth changes people.

Teegan grabbed my head and kissed me hard. "It doesn't change everything," she said, our thoughts mixing as always. My face reddened at the smirk Terence gave me through the rearview mirror. Maybe it was Teegan changing the wealth. Teegan laughed at the thought. I imagined her naked in all her perfection. Two could play at the blushing game.

The captain stopped at the door and looked like he was having second thoughts. Though I had heard no accent, I could see strong Hispanic features in his face.

"I was told to avoid physical contact," the captain stated. His tone was precise as if every word was calculated to be correct. No deviation from some prescribed text.

"I have an ability, Captain," Teegan stated. "I promise to keep it to myself. In fact, that was my life's goal a few months ago. But, we can't always have what we want." Her words sounded older and wiser. I felt her holding back a smile at my thoughts. There was still a girl wrapped in the woman. My girl.

"She won't lie to you," I added. The captain nodded to me and squeezed into the backseat. I noticed that he leaned toward the door after he pulled it shut. The trust wasn't complete. Jason entered the SUV, and we continued on our way, this time with two Humvees following.

"Is there a reason you don't wish to comply with Colonel Righthouse's request?" the captain asked.

"It's not really a request, is it?" I shot back. The captain ignored my response and kept looking at Teegan. He was on a mission I was merely a small obstacle in the way.

"I don't wish to be used, Captain Garcia" Teegan replied. His last name was sewed above his pocket. "Not by my country, or anyone else for that matter." She smiled, "They haven't re-established the draft again, have they?" Jason struggled to not laugh. Terence was less successful.

"Some people answer when their country calls," Garcia countered.

"I think we both know that this is not really a request, Captain," Teegan said and then moved on to end the argument. "But we're talking now, so what would the Colonel like to know?"

"I haven't been fully briefed," Garcia admitted. "My orders are to escort you to Fort Campbell, failing that, I am to ascertain your destination."

"Well, maybe we could all use that information," Teegan said, "Jason, where are we headed?"

"Your house, ma'am," Jason said, "Number 1, Corbett Dr., just outside of Portland."

"There you go, Captain. You have succeeded in the second part of your mission," Teegan said, very pleased with herself. She was silently admonishing my internal laughing. I kept merging her image with that of all the wise elderly women in our history books. She didn't like the wrinkles. "You're calling me ma'am again, Jason," Teegan pointed out.

"I'll take your advice when you take mine, ma'am," Jason said, his smile taking all the venom out of the words. Teegan enjoyed the comeback. It was more playful and had equality written all over it.

"You can take the man out of the Army," Teegan joked, "but you can't take the Army out of the boy." Garcia smirked, then quickly straightened his lips. "Does my house have room for the captain and his men, Jason?"

"Teegan, that's not a good idea," Jason said, turning in his seat. I don't think he realized that he used her name.

"I think a compromise is in order," Teegan said, "so, is there room?" I could see the confusion on the captain's face. He had lost control of the situation to a teenager, the one he was supposed to bring in. He had probably thought it would be an easy mission.

"Well, yes, but..."

"There, Captain" Teegan interjected, "instead of me going to Fort Campbell, the Army can come to my house." She looked at Jason with phony concern, "Do I have enough food for guests?" Jason rolled his eyes and turned back to the front, refusing to fall for her verbal schemes. I had to smile at how she was playing with him. I found it incredibly sexy.

"I'm not sure that my orders will allow..." Garcia began.

"Call it in," Teegan said, shrugging her shoulders, "The way I see it, you can either wait uncomfortably outside the house wondering what devious anti-American things I'm devising, or you can sit comfortably inside and find out that I'm no threat."

"Oh, I know you're a threat, ma'am," Garcia said, a grin growing on his face, "I can feel my rank slipping off my collar as we speak." Terence laughed until Jason gave him a look. My girl was stirring the pot well.

Chapter 4 - Teegan

Caleb was enjoying my new found strength. He knew it was due as much to him as it was to our situation. I loved how he thought it was sexy. It made me push harder, try unexpected things with confidence that surprised me. The tingling feelings he generated and the unconditional love that we continually traded, made it all so much simpler. I felt like a queen.

"Whoa," Caleb breathed. I looked up as Terence drove us through a large wrought iron gate that opened at a push of a button. Guards, dressed in black, waved to Jason as we drove through. A tan stone mansion sat a quarter mile away, comfortably nestled in pristine landscaping. Large conifers littered the curving drive that led to the house, but none obscured the magnificence of the structure. They were strategically placed to project a feeling of nature without blocking the view. It was beautiful.

Captain Garcia was looking straight ahead with a blank expression. I assumed he was as impressed as I was, but it didn't show. That his eyes were glued to our destination was telling enough.

"That's mine?" I asked. I felt like I was in a dream.

"Every brick," Jason replied. He was enjoying my surprise.

"Well, Captain," I said, "it does look like I have room for you and your men."

"Okay," Garcia said, his tone resigned, "some wires must have gotten crossed. I wasn't told about anything like this."

"I just found out myself," I said, trying to soften it with a smile. "I think Colonel Righthouse will find me a little more challenging than he imagined." A pulse of desire burst from Caleb. I tried not to let it show and sent my own back. It still amazed me the way his mind formed my image. Beautiful perfection now wrapped in a sexy strength. It was hard to keep my attention on the present.

"I'm not usually concerned with the reasons behind my orders," Garcia commented, "but this is becoming stranger by the moment." He turned to me. "What the hell is going on?" I was enjoying his confusion. It made me feel like I had some control over my life. I had lost that feeling when Zane was shot, or maybe I never had it.

"It's easier to show than to explain," I said cryptically. I offered Garcia my hand, wondering if he would defy his orders about physical contact.

"It will fill in a lot of the blanks," Caleb said. Jason turned in his seat and sighed. I don't think he thought my bonding with Garcia was a good idea.

"If you give up everything at once," Jason said, "you'll lose all your advantage in negotiations."

"I'm not negotiating," I said.

"She's informing," Caleb added as if he was finishing my sentence. I smiled at his agreement. Hiding was over.

"I have orders," Garcia said, as a way of declining. He clasped his hands in front of him resolutely. I pulled my hand back.

"Then you'll have to trust my words," I informed Garcia. "Let's take this inside, the verbal version will probably take a little longer." He nodded in agreement.

"I need to report in," Garcia said when the car pulled to a stop. He got out without another word and headed back to confer with the soldiers in the trailing vehicles.

"Teegan," Jason said with concern, "this really isn't a good idea. You have no need to talk to anyone anymore. Here, you're safe, hidden behind all the power that your wealth provides."

"We're tired of hiding," Caleb responded for me. "Once the military is assured that we mean the country no harm, we can concentrate on those that do want to harm to us."

"They're figuring it out anyway," I added, shrugging my shoulders, "might as well end their speculation." Jason sighed and exited the car. He politely opened the door for me which made me smile. He was conflicted with my decisions, yet he still thought me worthy of respect.

"Thank you."

"It's my job, ma'am," Jason said, matching my smile. He had to ruin it with a ma'am.

"Ms. Fuller!" an approaching man called, stalling my attempt to once again correct Jason. I looked toward the voice and saw an elderly gentleman dressed handsomely in a dark suit. He was descending the steps from a front door that looked like it belonged to a museum. His hair was light gray, but fully intact, defying the very idea of baldness.

"You must be Mr. Watterson," I said, turning from Jason.

"Victor, please," he responded and held out his hand. I took it in mine, quenching his song so the bond wouldn't take. His smile lessened as if he was expecting more.

"Only if you call me Teegan," I continued, "and this is Caleb." Victor reluctantly released my hand and shook Caleb's.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. McGuire," Victor said.

"Caleb, please," Caleb added.

"Is it possible for us to do away with the formalities?" I asked. "Jason has been torturing me with ma'ams all day."

"Of course," Victor chuckled, "Teegan and Caleb it is. I'll notify the staff, but you'll have to give them time to get used to it."

"I have staff?"

"A house of this size requires it," Victor said, turning and motioning us to follow. "I see you brought some guests."

"They were anxious to talk," Caleb replied, "we decided that it would be best to do it on our terms."

"A chancy but valid strategy," Victor said. "Mr. Corbett has contributed to many political campaigns, and in your stead, I have continued that practice. That influence can be used to make the military rethink their strategy."

"I have politicians in my pocket?" I asked.

"Not like the in movies," Victor smiled, "more like they'll answer the phone and give you the benefit of the doubt."

"You knew my mother," I pointed out.

"For a brief time," Victor said, "a smart woman." He stopped on the steps and turned to me. "She and your father risked everything to protect you. There was more love than I thought possible there."

"Mr. Corbett was a little insane," I said.

"Misguided by his power," Victor said, a knowing smile growing. "If he were truly insane, he would have taken stronger measures to take you back again. He realized his mistakes and changed tactics."

"My parents hid me well," I said with a little pride. Victor shook his head.

"Mr. Corbett has known where you've been for a long time," Victor said warmly. "He took great efforts to make sure you stayed hidden. There are still computers out there that won't return your family's records in queries. Electronically, the world was blind to your family."

"I don't understand," I said, knowing only the stories my parents had recently told me.

"Mr. Corbett only loved winning and you," Victor said. "In the end, he only loved you. Winning became unimportant when he faced his mortality." A vision was forming of a powerful grandfather who was weakened by the thought of a granddaughter. I was supposed to hate the man, or at least what he did, but I felt something for him. Caleb wrapped his arm around my waist as I shared the feeling with him.

"He didn't know me," I pointed out. How can someone love someone they didn't even know?

"There's a room I'll show you when you're ready," Victor said. "It will probably make you a bit uncomfortable, but will do a better job than I in explaining his obsession. Know this, right or wrong, he loved you dearly. You bonded with him as an infant, and he cherished that above all else." I remembered the brief disappointment in Victor's face when we shook hands.

"Did Teegan bond with you?" Caleb asked, knowing where my thoughts were going.

"Yes."

I held out my hand. Victor smiled and took it in his again. This time, I joined our music, and his joy flooded Caleb and me.

"As angelic as I remembered," Victor said, releasing my hand. "You've grown more powerful." I shrugged, not being able to compare to when I was a child. "And you two are in complete sync," he added, looking at Caleb.

"You felt that?" I asked.

"I'll tell the staff you two will be sharing a room," Victor said, his smile growing. I felt my face heat in the heaps of manly pride that Caleb was unavoidably sending my way. He liked people knowing how much I loved him. He wasn't the slightest bit concerned with what Victor might have seen. Stupid male egos.

"I'd use a megaphone if I could," Caleb whispered in my ear as we began climbing the stairs again. He was making me blush harder. I elbowed him with all the love I could. It only made him laugh, which Victor judiciously ignored.

"Caleb," Victor said, "it is my understanding that Kato Tetsuzan is in town for a performance."

"No way!" Caleb said, his feelings for me dimmed for the first time since we had fully bonded. I had no idea who Kato was, but I disliked him or her immensely.

"I'm sure I can convince him to come for dinner sometime in the next few days," Victor added.

"No way!" Caleb said, his vocabulary was weakening by the second.

"Artists of his caliber usually attend private dinners," Victor said, "Mr. Corbett's name carries a lot of influence, especially in Portland." I was ecstatic to hear Kato was a he.

"Violinist?" I asked.

"Only the best," Caleb said, his face animated like a kid on Christmas. I was treated to a quick history of Kato Tetsuzan. Caleb was so enthralled he didn't see the wink that Victor gave to me. I almost laughed at how much it pleased Caleb. I let my brief jealousy of the violinist fade away and just enjoyed my happy Caleb. I now fully understood what Wendy meant about Tom. Music would always be Caleb's mistress. At least, it couldn't compete in the bedroom.

"Obviously, we would enjoy a visit from Kato," I told Victor. He gave me a grandfatherly chuckle and held the front door open for us. I forgot all about dinner with Kato when I stepped inside the house. The museum like front door was very appropriate.

Marble, imported from somewhere exotic, covered the entry way as if it were a single large sheet. Exquisite grayish veins meandered through the highly polished smoky white floor. The walls in this room were two stories high, covered in obviously expensive but tasteful paintings. There were vases filled with all kinds of flowers. Some of the vases sat atop beautifully carved furniture, others large and grandly situated on the floor. A curving staircase led to the second floor, flaring as it came down, nearly twice as wide at the bottom as the top. The banister was made from a hardwood that was stained light to not clash with the marble floor it seemed to grow from.

"I'm afraid to touch anything," I said.

"It's big," Caleb added, his awe no less than mine.

"It's your home," Victor said. "Why don't I let you freshen up and then I'll take you on a tour."

"Yes," I said, thinking a break might slow the beating of my heart. I didn't deserve any of this.

"Yeah," Caleb agreed, "it's a bit overwhelming." I nodded and took his hand in mine. Together, it seemed a little less insurmountable.

"Of course," Victor said, smiling at our astonishment. "I've had the master bedroom prepared. I took the liberty of placing some simple clothes, sweats, and what-nots, that should suffice until we can gather your clothes or purchase others. I'll have Caleb's clothes moved in as well."

"Thank you," I said. I felt a surge of love from Caleb. The thought of sleeping in the same bed excited him, which in turn excited me. If anything came from the mess of the last few days, the bedroom arrangement was a blessing.

The master bedroom was bigger than my house in Maine. The closet itself was bigger than my old room. It had a sitting room, office, magnificent balcony patio, and three rooms that composed the bathroom. Caleb couldn't help smiling when he saw the size of the bed. Images of his plans were running from his mind to mine, making it hard to concentrate. His desire for me was building, our minds entering foreplay without us even touching each other.

"Wait," I whispered as Victor was busy explaining how the shower worked during our brief tour. Somehow, Caleb slowed his mind. There were still images, just not as active. I found I missed the moving pictures. My body found them pleasing.

"I'll have Caleb's clothes brought in," Victor said, ending the tour of the bedroom suite.

"Thank you," I said. Victor nodded and left us.

"It's all too much," I told Caleb, once we were alone. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close. I remembered when his touching was hesitant, unsure of my response. There was no hesitancy in how he embraced me anymore. There was also no question how I would respond. His lips never doubted mine.

"Do you have any idea how sexy you are when you get all bossy," Caleb said.

"I wasn't bossy," I corrected him, though his mind was filled with a more powerful me.

"The way you controlled Jason, and then Garcia," Caleb continued, "I wanted to take you right then and there." I smiled, trying to ignore the visions running through his mind. "Something's changed in you, and it's very alluring."

"I haven't changed," I insisted. Caleb pulled me closer, definitely taking charge.

"You need a shower," Caleb said.

"You just want me naked," I replied, trying to hide my desires. An impossible task.

"Naked and wet," Caleb said, bouncing his eyebrows. "It will be fun soaping you up." The perfect me, water dripping luxuriously, filled his mind. I was no longer in control of anything. I wanted him naked just as much, wet or dry.

"Undress me," I ordered. A shiver traveled through Caleb, and I felt his excitement increase. He enjoyed me in control. His hands began lifting my shirt over my head. "You do like me a little bossy," I said, pleased with his playful desires. He stopped when my arms were over my head, and the shirt collar had barely cleared my lips. I was blind and immobile when he kissed me.

"Yes," Caleb whispered, "but I'll demand equal time." A shiver ran through my body. There were so many promises in his words. I smiled, Caleb always kept his promises.

Chapter 5 - Teegan

The sweats were a little more athletic than I was used too. Dark gray with both the pants and shirt logoed with a swish. I usually went for something less energetically presumptuous. I laughed when I saw that Caleb was in a matching set. As a power couple, we looked ridiculous.

"I don't know," Caleb said, "we did get a good workout in the shower."

"Must have been a thousand calories," I said.

"At least," Caleb said, adjusting his shirt and absently brushing at the logo, "lots of cardio."

"We earned the logo," I concluded.

"We'll just have to own the look," Caleb said with a smile. We couldn't own it if we tried.

"I love you," I said, replacing my discomfort with something much better. Caleb moved his matching logo toward mine.

"And I you," Caleb said and kissed me with less lust and more feeling than a few minutes ago. It's strange how a kiss can take on a personality, some meant to arouse, others to invoke a meaning defined by the pressure of lips and the length of an intimate caress. Before Caleb, I thought they were all the same. We had a physical vocabulary that matched our words and minds.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 57 milliseconds