Rough Draft: Twisted Ink Raine and Deak

"But you wish you didn't," I replied.

"Why would you think that?" He asked incredulously.

"You said I screw up everything. I screwed you up. I screwed Tyler up. She doesn't want me to love her. You don't want me to love you. Why? Am I that fucking unloveable?" My voice cracked. Raine's mouth was hanging open.

"You, dumbassed mother fucker," he said, still looking shocked. "You really are a fucking idiot."

"Gee, thanks. Are we done?" I stood up and tossed some money on the table.

"Sit the fuck down," he said in his low dominant voice.

"Excuse me?" I spat back and met his glare.

"Sit down," he repeated.

"Fuck you," I answered icily.

"You wanna play it like this? I will follow you out that door and drag your ass home, if you don't. Sit. The. Fuck. Down." My mouth opened and closed like a guppy. I gave him a death stare and sat back down. "Now. Listen very closely, because I'm only saying this one time. You're a goddamned idiot. You are 'not' unloveable. The godforsaken problem is that you're too fucking lovable. I can't help, but to love you. And I wouldn't fucking change that. Not for anything," he growled at me. "Now. That said, I wish you'd have discussed what you said to Tyler with me first," he held up his hand when I started to interrupt, "I know why you didn't. I know you were caught up in the moment. I get it. And I know how you feel. Fuck, man. I've been feeling the same. She's fucking incredible. But trust me, it's not that she doesn't want your love. You're a lot to take in, baby. You wear your heart on your sleeve and you are who you are. Fuck. I admire you. You told me how you feel. You told Tyler. You stood up to your old man, and don't deny what happened. Your mother told me what he said. Baby, it's never been that we don't 'want' to love you, it's just that we're not as brave as you. I'm afraid of what I'm feeling. And I think Tyler's the same. If I could go back in time and change anything. Anything at all about what's happened between us, it would only be that you told me sooner." My heart stuttered.

"I-I...God, I didn't...," I couldn't voice what I felt at that moment. Relief. I know I felt that. And awe. That too. "I love you. So fuckin' much."

"Well, halle-fuckin'-lujah. Now get your ass home, so we can figure out what to do about our girl."

"Okay," I grinned. A real fucking grin. Raine returned it and blew out a long breath, relief all over his beautiful face. He so fucking loved me.

"Don't you ever disappear on me again!" My sister screamed at me. "What the hell, Deacon Gabriel?" Oh hell. She pulled out the big guns and used my middle name. She was like a little blonde poodle. Yip, yip, yip, yip. I chuckled at the mental image. "I do not find anything funny about this, Deacon!" She trilled. Raine elbowed me and gave me the international shut-up look. "And you, Raine Ross, you need to take better care of my brother when I leave, or so help me I 'will' come back down here and open a can of whoop ass on you!" Okay. Now I couldn't help the blast of laughter. I could just see my five foot nothing sister going head to head with six foot three Raine. It was like the cartoons where the little guy comes punching and the big guy holds him back with a hand on his head.

Kara glared at me and I tried to stop, "Sorry," I said fighting the laughter.

"Hmph," she scoffed and crossed her arms. I walked over and put her in a huge hug, lifting her off of the ground. "Put me down. Deak!" She shrieked. I set her on her feet and ruffled her hair.

"I love you, you crazy shit," I teased.

She tried to glare, but failed and grinned like a goon instead. "I love you, Deak. I have to go. I'm gonna talk to mom. Dad, whatever, he's on his own."

"You don't need to do that, Kare-Kare," I told her with a sad smile. I could only hope my folks would come around, but I didn't want my sister in the middle of it.

"Yes I do. You're my big brother. Nobody fucks with you, but me," she said fiercely. Well, okay. I hugged her again.

"Text me when you get home. As in parked, Kara. Not Jackson city limits. And don't text anyone else while your driving either," I warned.

"Jesus, yes dad," she sarcastically complied. We watched as she backed out of the driveway and then headed back in.

"Was she always that feisty?" Raine asked as he plopped on the couch and took a swig of beer.

"Yep," I answered sitting next to him.

"Well, damn. She's kinda cute all riled up like that," he mused. What?

I punched him in the arm. Hard. He rubbed the spot and laughed. "That's my sister, asshole!"

"So? I'd just be keepin' it all in the family," he joked. I did not find this funny. I punched him again. "Oh, come on, baby. You know if I think you're hot it's only natural for me to wanna bone your sister."

"That's fucked up, dude. Really fucked up," I frowned.

He laughed a fully belly laugh. The sound made my stomach flutter. "You know I'm full of shit. I know what I want," he smiled and kissed my lips softly. It was so good. I wanted more. So I took it. I let my tongue slide between his lips and played along his. Too soon he pulled back. "What are we gonna do about Tyler?"

I sighed heavily. "I don't know. I know where they're rehearsing, but I don't know if we need to just show up. I mean, honestly, where would it go anyways? She's goin' back to Nashville soon," I mused.

"Well, we won't know where it could go if we don't 'try' to talk to her," Raine argued. He was right. As usual.

"How do you really feel about her, babe? You really want this? The three of us? If you don't," I breathed deep, "I won't pursue this. I love her. I do, but I want this to be right for all of us."

"I have feelings for her. I don't want her to go. I like spending time with her. I'd do anything for her. So, yeah, I want this. I want to see where this goes. I have questions on how this will work. Long term ya know, but I'm willing to figure it out as we go. And I want Tyler with us." Great answer. That's why I loved this man. I leaned forward and kissed him. "What was that for?"

"Because I can," I replied. He smiled and kissed me back, only deeper, wetter and longer.

"Let's go try to win back our girl. I promised you could fuck me while I fuck her and I hate breaking promises," he smiled devilishly.

"You know just how to turn a guy on, babe."

"It's my goal in life," he shrugged. "Come on. Get your sexy ass movin'"

Tyler

"That was great guys. Same time tomorrow," Brad called out after rehearsal. It felt good to be playing with the guys again. "Tyler, can I have a minute?" Brad asked me. I so did not want to get into this with him, but we needed to get this shit out of the way so we could play.

"Sure," I answered while putting my baby back in her case. I loved my guitar. I started taking lessons after I found out Deak played. I wanted him to think I was cool. I ended up falling in love with the sound and beauty I could create with it. After we moved to Georgia my sophomore year of high school, I kept it up. My chest ached at the thought of Deak and my crush on him. When we we were kids, it was just that. A crush. Then it grew into a pubescent love. I did love Deacon Moore. I'd loved him most of my life, but I couldn't come between Deak and Raine. They had something so real. So tangible. I couldn't fathom how I could fit into that.

And Raine? He wasn't the awkward kid I'd grown up with. He was a dominant, giving lover. A balls to the wall musician. He had a depth to him I could spend an eternity diving into and never scratch the surface. I wasn't delusional. I knew I had feelings for them both. I wanted them both, and not just in a lustful way. It was crazy. It could never work. Even if I could love them both, I'd forever be their third wheel. I'd never have either of them as a whole.

"Tyler," Brad's voice brought me back to the present. "I think we made a mistake."

"Mistake? I thought this went well," I answered honestly. The band had always had chemistry.

"Not that," he responded, exasperated. "I mean you and me. We were good together."

"Brad. We were dysfunctional," I sighed. "You were positive I was cheating. There was no trust. We weren't good, we were very, very bad together."

He smiled salaciously, "Yes we were. So bad." Oh for Christ's sake. Men.

"Brad. Don't," I warned. "We're not going there."

"Oh come on, Ty. You remember how it was? You begging for it. Me giving it to you backstage. The ladies' room. The back of my jeep."

"It's not happening, Bradley!" I spat and turned to pick up my case. What happened next, I'm not sure. One second I was preparing to walk away, the next my guitar was falling to the ground and I was pinned against the wall. Brad's mouth roughly pressing against mine. I clamped my mouth shut and tried to turn my head away from him.

"Don't fight this, Ty. I know you want it," he whispered and pressed his insignificant erection against me. Fear actually crept in.

"Back off, Brad. Let me go," I said as calmly as I could.

"No," he smiled dangerously and palmed my breast. "I missed this, Ty. Tell me you haven't fucked anyone else."

Oh hell. If I lied, he'd know. He always knew. If I told the truth he'd lose it. Either way I was screwed, and not in a good way.

"Fuck off, Brad," I said, trying to wiggle free. This just spurred on his lust. "Let. Me. GO!" I screeched.

"You did. Didn't you?" He asked icily. "Who? Who were you fucking?"

"None of your business," I hissed.

"You fucking bitch! Who?" He growled. "When I find out I'm going to kill him." No! Oh, God! No! Brad was violent. He had put a guy in a coma because he said the guy was looking at me funny. That had been the beginning of the end. I didn't want to think of what he'd do to Deak or Raine if he thought they'd been with me.

"Tell me, bitch. Tell me who!"

"No, no, please, Brad. Let me go, please," I breathed out. Several things happened next. A sound of the door opening in the distance barely broke into my fearful haze. A sharp smacking sound echoed through the room. My cheek burned and ached. Sounds like animals growling came closer. Brad was suddenly and forcefully removed from me. Strong arms wrapped around me and a familiar scent filled my head.

I heard the rhythmic sound of flesh hitting flesh. But not the same as sex. I raised my head and saw Raine holding Brad down, punching him repeatedly. I looked up into the face of the person holding me. Deak. They'd come for me.

"Raine! Enough!" Deak hollered. Raine didn't respond. He continued to pound on Brad. Deak released me and walked toward the melee. "Enough, babe," he said calmly. He placed his hand on Raine's shoulder. Raine stopped and looked up at him.

Slowly Raine stood and moved off of Brad, who was whimpering and covered in blood. "Don't you 'ever' touch our girl again," Raine said in a deadly tone. He kicked Brad in the ribs and turned to look at me. His face drawn tight, his eyes were black. Blood covered his knuckles. He looked like a man possessed. It was a little frightening. "Are you okay?" He asked me softly. I swallowed hard and nodded. He took a step toward me, but I retreated. He had just beat a man to shit. My gut reaction was to stay away. His mouth fell into a frown, but he nodded a single nod. Deak came and wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay, baby. He would 'never' hurt you," he whispered to me. I knew that. I knew Raine wouldn't hurt me, but I was still skittish. I looked back at Raine. He was on the phone, speaking to someone in a low tone. "You sure you're okay, honey?" Deak asked. I nodded again, even as my eyes welled up. The situation came crashing into me. What could've happened if they hadn't showed up. Watching Raine lose it. Deak trying to shield me. Sobs began breaking from me. "Shhh," Deak soothed and crushed me to him. He stroked my hair and swayed me gently. "It's okay, love. I've got you." The weight of his words pressed down on me. I jerked out of his hold. His brows dipped, "Tyler? What's wrong, baby? Raine!" He called.

"You okay, sweetheart?" Raine asked from a safe distance. I shook my head. Confusion riddled my head, commingling with that dose of fear. Something in their faces...it was strange. It was more than concern? I'd seen it before. When they looked at each other. No. No, no.

The door crashed open again and Anya's brother came in.

"Well, you guys really go big, huh?" He said with a smile. He turned to me and his face turned hard. "Are you okay, Tyler?" Something about Alex made me shiver with fear. He wasn't big or scary looking, but he was intimidating all the same. Something about him looked dangerous.

"I'm okay," I whispered. Alex turned to Deak and Raine and raised a brow.

"That's her ex," Raine pointed to the bloody, moaning heap, that was Brad.

"Your work?" Alex asked Raine. He received a sneer and a nod. "Good job," Alex smiled. Reality started setting in. I was confused now. Why was Alex here?

"My boys will be here to clean up the mess soon. You three need to leave," Alex commented. What? Deak nodded and moved to pick me up. My body started shaking. Was Alex going to kill Brad? Oh shit.

I struggled against Deak. "No. Wait," I mumbled. "Don't hurt him." Deak's breath whooshed out like he'd been punched and he set me down. I looked at his still bruised, beautiful face. It was marred by disbelief and hurt.

"We're not going to hurt him," Alex spoke up. "Well, no more than he is. They're going to take him to the hospital." Oh. "You guys should get her home. She's going into shock," Alex told the guys. Who? Me? I wasn't in shock. Was I? I shook my head roughly causing me to feel slightly dizzy. I blinked slowly to clear the static in my brain. The lights dimmed.

"Fuck," Alex growled as the world went black.

Deak

Tyler was in and out so we put her in the bedroom. Alex had said she'd be okay. She just needed some time. She'd experienced a very traumatic situation and seemed confused. It still hurt that she took up for that dickface.

Raine had pretty much lost his mind when he saw that motherfucker slap Tyler. I had too, but Raine had always been the fighter between the two of us. I had a nice scar to prove it.

"She's still asleep," he said as he came from the bedroom. He plopped down beside me on the couch. His face was haunted. I knew he hated losing it like that. I knew he hated that he'd scared Tyler. When she'd backed away from him, I could see his grief. "I shouldn't have hit him," he muttered, more to himself than me.

"You did what you had to do, babe," I assured him. I took his hand and squeezed.

He shook his head and sighed. "No. I should have just pulled him off and left it alone. I...fuck...I could have killed him. Part of me wanted to." He looked like a lost little boy and my heart ached. I leaned toward him and nuzzled his jaw. "I almost killed a man," he said with disgust.

"Raine," I sighed. "You're a good man. He hurt someone you care about. Anyone would have been angry. I was angry. I wanted to pound the son of a bitch, too. You just beat me to it." I cupped his cheek and turned his face to mine. "You're a good man, babe."

"I scared her," he muttered petulantly.

"The situation scared her," I retorted.

"Did you see the way she backed away from me?" He asked with his brows furrowed.

"You didn't see your face, Raine. You were still reigning it in. She was shocked. That's all, babe." I kissed his cheek, then his lips, softly. "I love you."

"Why?" He pouted. If his question hadn't exasperated me I would have laughed at his expression.

"Dumbass," I shook my head.

"Asshole," he responded and his lips twitched.

"Fucker," I murmured, leaning into him.

"You know it," he smiled, before taking my mouth. My tongue slid against his. His lips played tenderly across mine. "I love you," he whispered. "So fucking much."

"Well, damn," a voice said. We broke apart and looked up. Tyler was standing in front of us. "I leave you guys alone for a couple of hours and 'this' is what happens?" She smiled. It wasn't her full, blindingly, beautiful smile. It was actually a little sad.

"Hey, beautiful," I smiled back. "How are you feeling?" I stood to move toward her. Raine stayed seated, watching her cautiously and uncertainly. I wrapped my arms around her and breathed out in relief, when she reciprocated.

"Better," she mumbled against my neck. "Is...is Brad okay?"

I tensed. "Yeah. He's on his way back to Nashville," I gritted out and pulled away from her. She frowned and nodded. "Sorry," I muttered. I wasn't. At all.

Tyler's eyes turned to Raine. He pursed his lips and looked away from her. She snorted and shook her head, before walking to him and climbing in his lap. "Hi," she whispered to him.

He looked at her and raised his brows. "Hi," he answered.

"Thank you," she smiled sadly at him and cupped his cheeks. Raine's eyes got bigger and he nodded at her. "You saved me," she told him and kissed him softly. Raine being Raine, wasn't satisfied with that. He pressed his lips more firmly to hers and crushed her lithe body to him. My dick instantly went hard. Yep, I'm an ass. The girl had just been assaulted and I was thinking about fucking them. Douchebag. That's me.

Raine pulled back, breathing heavy, eyes hooded. Tyler was the same. Fuck, it was sexy. She turned to me and motioned me over. I sat next to Raine. She maneuvered herself, so she was sitting in both of our laps. "Thank you, too," she said softly to me. "If you guys hadn't shown up...he...I" her voice broke on a breathless sob.

"No, don't," I rasped. I couldn't think about what could've happened. I loved this woman and just the thought of her being hurt drove me insane. I pulled her to me and crushed her against me. I needed to feel that she was safe. That she was here. Raine petted her hair while I held her tight. I saw in his eyes he had the same thoughts.

Too soon, Tyler pulled back and stood. She frowned and looked down. "Since, I'm not doing the show now, I guess I should get back home." My heart fell as quickly as my face. "You guys are...amazing," she said with her sad smile. "I, um...thank you. For...well for everything," she whispered and turned toward the bedroom. My eyes wondered to my other lover and I knew his devastation matched mine. We couldn't ask her to stay. She had a life. A home. And as much as it killed me she had to get back to it.

Raine

The question of how I felt about Tyler was no longer without an answer. She'd gone back to Nashville three days earlier and I felt like a piece if me went with her. What was I thinking, trying to deny that I loved her?

Deak was in the same state. It was a job for either of us to get out of bed. Not in a sexy way either. We'd slept together all three nights, but neither of us could bring ourselves to be intimate. Without Deak, I would have fallen apart. I think it was the same for him.

"Hey, man. You listening to me?" Jack asked. We were all hanging out at the house. Deak and Ben were in the middle of a Halo battle.

"Sorry, man. What was that?" I asked Jack.

He sighed and shook his head. "Dude, you guys are like fucking zombies. Seriously, man. Just call her."

Deak turned toward us with a hopeful gleam. He'd wanted to chase her to Nashville and drag her back the day she left. My man was nothing if not a hopeless romantic. I shook my head at him and he frowned. I turned back to Jack, "It would be wrong to impose on her life. She lives there. We live here. It just can't work." Deak tossed his controller aside and stomped off to the kitchen. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic show.

"You know for two motherfuckers that seem to know how to fix everyone else's woman problems, y'all are being stupid," Ben commented. I snapped my head to him. "I mean, you obviously care about her, yeah?" I nodded. Loved was more like it, but I wasn't going to split hairs. "Then why the fuck isn't she here?"

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 191 milliseconds