Angel of Retribution Ch. 00-05

"R-Row..." His eyes saw the shadow of the dragon morph into human. Something hot and wet trailed down his face. His vision grew blurred, his breath labored. Remien fell to his knees, gasping as the pain hit him full force. Head thrown back, his cry reverberated through the canyon, the sound of her name bouncing off the cold desolation around him. He raised his arms in supplication, eyes searching the hellish heavens above him. Fire surrounded him as he roared again.

No god answered, only the sound of the tempest threatening to close in on him. His eyes looked at the fire dancing over his skin, then down to where the blood of his woman shimmered on the ice. Whispers called to him, the others, but he shunned them with a snarl, his teeth clenched tight, and lengthening talons ripping across his torso. He screamed until his throat felt raw, ripping at his own flesh with his talons in hopes of drowning out the pain he felt inside with some form of pain on the exterior. Rivulets of fresh dragon's blood poured down his body to mingle with Rowie's.

Behind him, he felt Devon's presence, silent, watching.

"It's her blood," Remien growled through clenched teeth. "They must've killed her." His body bowed with an angered convulsion, fire bursting from him. His beast wanted release, needed to kill and destroy to appease the ache deep inside. His head snapped around to look at Devon. "I trusted them and they killed her. I swear, I'll hunt them down and make them pay." He threw his head back and let out another fire-spewing bellow, but nothing he did soothed the agony of loss. His sanity ebbed away like smoke on a windy day, his fire bloomed out, the beast took form, and... everything just ceased.

Chapter Four

Despair was the first thing that slammed into Remien when he finally gained full consciousness. She was gone; his mate, his love, his life. He felt hollow... he felt... someone touching his hair.

Remien opened his eyes.

Her hair was pure white, not from age. He knew she was barely a day over twenty-four Earth years. Angel's guiles sky-blue eyes opened to look into his, a tinge of pink warming her cheeks when she realized he'd caught her admiring him. Her fingers released the lock of his hair she'd been brushing against her cheek and straightened her shoulders, her pretty face hardening into a frown. Remien almost snorted. The little slip of a woman thought she was a warrior.

Then his eyes alighted on something else. With a confused frown he said, "Is it me, or are you getting fat?"

Her eyes widened, instantly filling with tears, rearing back as if he'd slapped her.

Oopsie.

Remien sat up and tried to grab her, but she just vanished before his eyes, leaving him open-mouthed. She'd learned how to teleport quite well in such a short span of time... unless... How long had Devon kept him unconscious?

Taking a deep breath, he looked around. He was in his quarters in alpha 7. His heart squeezed with mind numbing pain. In the ceiling to floor glass pane that stretched across one side of his entire suite of rooms, he saw his reflection staring back at him. His room still looked the same; the living area with its round seating area surrounding a fire pit was off to his left. A frosted glass wall divided the living area from his bedroom. To his right was another frosted glass wall, sectioning off his hygiene area. He'd redesigned his sleeping area like a mini dungeon. There were metal loops on the wall, perfect for tying someone up, an antique armoire with lots of whips, floggers, and paddles for play. Manacles hung from the ceiling off in one corner, bringing back the ghost of the memory of his first time with Rowie. His round bed still had the same burgundy satin sheets from that night, the soft scent of her body still lingering to torment his bleeding soul.

He closed his eyes, scraping his fingers across his chest, leaving red ribbons on his flesh. I need a blade—he thought, his body shivering in anticipation.

"Way to go, making Angel cry like that."

Remien turned his head to the annoying sound of Seth's voice. Normally he would have had a scathing reply for the weretigri, but he wasn't in the mood to so much as breathe.

Remien flopped back on his bed, his eyes staring at the pearlescent white ceiling with its sunken lights casting the dark grey room in a soft glow.

He ignored the sensation of the bed dipping to his left, and the crisp, citrusy scent Zak gave off when he appeared next to him. His mind pondered how he was going to find the two vampires that had killed Rowie, rip them to shreds and then... what was there to live for now? His family was gone; everything he knew no longer existed. All seven Alpha Angels had been imprisoned for three hundred years in a suspended animation ball thanks to...

Remien sat up again. "What the fuck happened on Megdoluc?"

Zak looked at Seth as the young were sauntered over and sat at the edge of Remien's round bed.

"I..." Seth looked pale of a sudden. His mouth hardened, chin drawing up boldly as he stated, "I killed Luke."

Remien's brow shot up. Holy shit.

"Luke was the one who'd plotted with the Utuduodian hunters to capture us in suspended animation orbs," Zak explained. "Dev thinks he just needed us out of the way to open the portal to Hell."

Remien stared slack-jawed at Zak. "Lucien was the dark prince all along?"

"It was supposed to be Devon." Seth spoke now. "Devon is the son of..." Seth's eyes darted to Zak's. They both gulped at the same time.

"The son of who?" Remien prodded with impatience.

"Davariel." Devon materialized to Remi's right.

Remien stared at his commander, standing at the foot of his bed. The man, dressed in his usual black Master Guardians' uniform, towered over all of them. Only Lucien was as tall as Devon. His glowing blue eyes stared at Remien, the pale, almost pure white of his face so at odds with the gleaming mass of shimmering black hair that fell just a little past his big shoulders.

"He was my twin, and Davariel was our father."

"Fuck me," Remien mumbled. Devon and Lucien twins? And the angel of destruction was their father? "The twins from Hell," Remi murmured before he remembered how sensitive Devon always was about how different he was from other normal humanoids.

Looking at his commander, he confirmed that he had indeed hurt him.

Devon bit his lip, bowing his head, a habit he had to hide behind his hair, but then he looked up and continued. "The Seraphs that guarded Edenia before us took me when I was only three weeks old." Again, his head bowed, shaking slowly as he walked around the side of the bed and sat next to Zak. "They only took me and left Luke behind. Our mother was human, so his blood was... untainted."

"Untainted?" Remien questioned with a frown.

"My father was a reaper. When he fell from grace, the demons replaced his black wings with devils wings. They kill a devil, rip its wings off, and implant them on a person's back. There are glands within those wings that secrete a toxin..." He took a shuddering breath. "It just makes you evil. Very hard to resist."

"Is that what happened to you?" Seth asked now.

Devon nodded. "And my father. I think the chemical your body secretes when you're in love counteracts the toxin. If it hadn't been for Angel... or my mother, Lucifer would have been free, our existence would have been wiped out."

Love. Oh, God.

Remien closed his eyes as another jolt of agony pierced him to the core. Rowie. What happened to her body?

"She isn't dead, Rem."

His eyes shot open, staring at Devon. "What the fuck did you say?"

"Devils attacked her. She lost allot of blood, but her brothers managed to... save her."

Remien scrambled across Zak, uncaring of his nudity as his fingers gripped Devon's shoulders.

"Geez, dude." Zak protested when Remi's naked body slithered over his.

Remi ignored him, staring into Devon's glowing blue eyes. "Why can't I sense her?" Even as he asked the question, the answer was obvious. "They turned her didn't they?" He released Devon to rake his fingers through his hair. "Son-of-a-bitch. I'll kill 'em."

"They felt they had no choice." Devon argued. "She'd lost too much blo-"

"Any one of us could've healed her." Remi seethed, clenching both fist, his body shaking with rage.

Devon frowned. "Calm the fuck down. You're going to ignite."

Remi looked at his hands and, sure enough, there were blue flames dancing along his skin, beginning to curl up his arms.

He took a cleansing breath and tried to reign in his fury. Not an easy task. He knew he was a hothead. "I'm going to find her, and the two blood suckers that screwed her over are as good as dead."

"They're her brothers."

"I don't give a fuck. They're still going to pay. She wasn't a vampire-"

"She was half-"

"She was human." Again, the flames danced on his skin. Remi was never very good at controlling his temper. "Where?" He gripped Devon's arms this time. "Where is she?"

Devon took a deep breath, his teeth nipping the corner of his lip--a dead giveaway he was nervous. Remien scowled at him. "I can't tell you where she is."

"Like Hell you won't," Remien snarled, digging his fingers into Devon's meaty biceps.

Zak and Seth jumped off the bed when Remien's dragon wings popped out of his back. Devon just blinked, never breaking eye contact. "She's still considered a newborn vampire. She can't control her urge to feed. If you find her, she'll kill you, drink you dry. That's why she left. She didn't want to hurt anyone."

"She can't hurt me," Remien spat. "Where is she?" He shook Devon. Seth took a few steps toward them, but Zak held him back when Remien turned and bared his newly growing fangs at him.

He knew he was losing control, but... he didn't care. If he didn't find Rowie, he'd die without her.

His face snapped back toward Devon, and snarled through clenched teeth, "Where the fuck is she?"

His face was mere inches from his commander. Those glowing blue orbs went over every inch of Remien's face, with nothing but love in them. "Remi, please," his voice beseeched, barely above a whisper. "Give her time to adjust to what she is now."

Devon's face blurred and Remien cursed the tears that sprang to his eyes. Pulling his wings back in, he shook his head, his breath coming in gasps. "Can't." He broke down as Devon's arms went around him. The sobs were uncontrollable. Remien Fyre didn't cry, that was for pussies, and yet he let Devon hold him close while all the agony bled from the gaping hole in his soul. Another hand touched his back, a second, his shoulder. Remien sagged against Devon, his face turned into his shoulder, weeping like an inconsolable child.

I need her—he projected into their minds what his voice could no longer utter.

Time, Rem—Devon answered, his arms almost crushing Remien against him. When the time is right, we'll all go with you to get her back.

You can count on that, bro—Zak seconded rubbing circles against his back.

Me too, Fyre—Seth added, surprising Remien by stretching his arm over his bare back and hugging him. Zak followed suit, until all four men locked in an embrace.

Warmth; he let their affection soak into him, for only a moment, before he pulled all the hurt back inside and shook them off with a growl. "Fuck. Enough of this gay bullshit." With a sniff, he looked up at Devon, belatedly remembering that his commander was bisexual, and grumbled "sorry."

Devon scowled with an indignant snort. "I'm not gay, asshole." Remien felt his face turn scarlet, but then Devon burst out laughing, curled his hand behind Remien's neck, and gave him a loud kiss on his horrified lips.

"Dude. Enough with the man-love," Remi snapped wiping the back of his hand across his mouth.

Devon only laughed at him, along with Zak and Seth.

Chapter Five

Rowie didn't know why she allowed her brothers to convince her to accompany them. She kept to the shadows behind the red velvet curtains of the auditorium. Like the rest of the castle, this chamber was predominantly made of stone. Rowie's eyes rose to the cathedral ceiling that soared over one hundred feet. Reinforced titanium beams created complex webbing over the ceiling and a myriad of lights and equipment hung at various angles. Four tiers of balconies formed half circles over the main floor with row after row of deep red velvet chairs.

Rowie's lips trembled as she stared entranced at the deep color of the drapes and chairs. Images of a weredragon with blood-red locks whispered in her mind, making her still heart ache.

Closing her eyes, she turned away, fully intent on fleeing back to her chambers, but she ran into a solid wall.

She opened her mouth in surprise, and would have fallen back, but the wall turned out to be a tall raven-haired vamp that caught her up easily before she went very far. One errant lock of his closely cropped hair fell over his forehead.

He tilted his head sideways, golden eyes looking her over. The vampire's rosy lips twisted sideways in an amused smile. "What have we got here?" Even as he spoke, she saw how his nostrils flared, sniffing her. "A newbie groupie. Gabriel and Rafe should know better..." The vamp suddenly frowned. "You look just like them."

Rowie opened her mouth to respond, but nothing came out. Rolling her eyes, she took a deep breath. She kept forgetting to breathe. One couldn't talk without air in the lungs. She hated being a full vampire. "I'm their sister." She grimaced at her voice. She hated the sultry sound of it too.

Everything about her now was different, and she couldn't stand any of it; from the tripled weight of her black curls that shimmered as if wet, to her skin that had become almost as white as Devon's. Curse it all.

The vamp's eyes roved her face and body, the black pupils in his eyes growing wide, making him look predatory. Rowie just scowled up at him—as if he could measure up to the other conceited prick. With a snort, she tried to pull her arms from his grip, but he only tightened his hold. She turned her face away, mentally summoning her brothers before she ripped the annoying jerk's throat out.

"Navar?"

Rowie's eyes snapped up to Gabriel's face as he rounded the corner of the backstage area with Rafael right behind him. The inky black of their glossy curls blended in perfectly with the darkness around them. Their pale faces glowed brighter when they stepped into the lighting that flowed from the overhead lights on stage. Two pairs of obsidian eyes glittered, looking from Navar's hands gripping Rowie's arms to his confused face.

Navar released her turning to them. "You turned your own..." He frowned, looking back at Rowie, his eyes sweeping over her again. "Wait. How can you have a newly turned sister so young? Didn't your father disappear a little over three hundred years ago?"

Rowie raised her brows at his words.

Gabriel sighed walking over to put a possessive arm around her. "It's a long story."

She frowned, and looked up at her brother. "He knew Drakken?"

The dark vamp laughed, drawing her attention back to him. "Every vampire that still roams the galaxy knew that randy vampire whore." Rowie gaped when he licked his lips, raising one brow, and purred, "I knew him intimatel—"

Rowie tensed, not really wanting to hear the rest as Rafael cleared his throat, interrupting the dark vamp. Navar's gaze darted to Rafael's stern countenance. He smiled sheepishly, and then looked back at Rowie. "I apologize... what is your name, my lovely rose?"

"Raguel—"Rafael began.

"Rowie," she snapped, giving Rafael an angry stare. Gabriel chuckled next to her, making Rowie itch to give him a swift kick in his shin. God, she hated that name. Why did her mother ever give her such a stupid name? She still remembered the incessant teasing at school—hey, Ragsmell.

Navar chuckled. His fingers caressed her cheek, making her want to flinch away from the unfamiliar touch. "You are like the moon," his fingers sieved through her raven curls, "cloaked in the blackest night."

Rowie felt her left breast begin to burn. She drew away from the vampire to rub her neck, doing her best to squeeze her arm against the uncomfortable sensation on her breast. Closing her eyes, she silently cursed Remien Fyre for the bazillionth time. How dare he brand her. Now she had to carry his mark for all eternity... as if the memory of their torrid lovemaking weren't enough. Stupid, conceited prick of a dragon. Hell, she missed him.

Gabriel cleared his throat and blurted, "My, but look at how many have lined up for the audition.

Rowie opened her eyes to see Navar's narrowed gaze on her, even though her brother was obviously trying to redirect his attention back out to the auditorium.

Navar pursed his lips for a moment, and then turned with a long-suffering sigh.

"I cringe to imagine the horrors my delicate ears are about to be subject to. No one shall ever fill Myano's shoes."

Gabriel walked away with Navar. Rafael remained, his black eyes searching hers. "Time, little one. He'll be but a lovely faded memory."

Rowie looked away. Remien Fyre was not going to rest until he found her. She was sure of it.

Her brother walked away, leaving her to her silent torment.

She went deeper into the gloom behind the heavy stage curtains.

She could still picture Remien's green eyes, glittering jewels that sometimes shimmered with a liquid gold fire. A fine black line circled the green making them stand out more, and dark lashes finished the look. His tawny brows arched sharply over his eyes, making him look as if nothing but perversion filled his twisted dragon's mind. As for his hair—demons of Hell—that hair. She clenched her fists, remembering the heavy silk of the thick strands spilling over her open thighs like rivulets of blood—so sinful.

Rowie groaned and pressed her thighs together, trying to ease the ache that suddenly sprang up there at the memory of his wayward pierced tongue.

"I've got to stop this insanity before I lose my mind..." she closed her eyes with a desperate growl, "...and go to him." The memory of the scent of his blood alone brought out a burning pain within her that made her gasp, legs faltering. Clutching one of the curtains, she concentrated on making herself breathe, taking in the scent of ancient stone, and the sweet cloying scent of vampires in the auditorium on the other side of the dusty curtains. Voices echoed and some of the musicians fine-tuned their instruments. She heard the soft intake of breath as the first vampire to audition prepared.

The original lead singer, Myano Dezeau had up and disappeared a few nights after Gabriel and Rafael brought her to the planet of Vildminoria to live with them and their kiss of vamps.

She didn't get to see any part of the planet, keeping herself locked away in the chambers allotted her in the castle that belonged to the kiss. The windows of her chamber were made of stained glass, making her sometimes feel as if she lived in an ancient gothic cathedral.

Music began, soft as a butterfly's wings, floating through the stillness of the hall. Violins, a flute... and then the voice of a male... soft... Rowie scrunched her face. Too soft. Navar's bellowing voice stopped the male vampire with an outraged "next."

Twenty-one would-be lead singers later, Navar stormed out of the auditorium, ranting like a lunatic, refusing to—in his own words—"hear one more agonizing banshee's wail of distress."

Rowie peered around the corner of the curtain, seeing the downcast faces of the vampires gathered there. Gabriel stood a few paces away, leaning on a stool, his long fingers absently stroking the curved body of his power guitar. He turned his head toward her and winked. She gave him a half-hearted smile that didn't quite meet her eyes and ducked back behind the curtain. Rowie sighed and sat on a rickety old stool. Perching her booted feet on the rungs, she lowered her chin onto the palm of one hand and sighed. At least she was remembering to breathe. Gabriel and Rafe told her not to lose that habit. Her nose was very sensitive now and she'd be able to pick up more scents than she did before.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 19 milliseconds