Angel of Retribution Ch. 00-05

Again, music began. Her head popped up realizing she knew this particular song. She pressed her fist against her mouth to stifle her sob. Death of an Angel was, by far, her favorite Angel of Retribution ballad. The delicate notes of the symphonic orchestra opened the haunting melody.

Rowie closed her eyes, and taking a deep gulp of air, began to sing—forgetting the vampires' ability to hear the minutest of sounds.

Her heart stirred within her, squeezing, desiring to beat again for the love that she'd lost... the call of a newly turned vampire that still ached for a mortal lover.

The blazing chords of the power guitars, after the first verse only punctuated the vampire's pain... Rowie's pain.

She let the anguish flow from deep within her, finally unleashing all the torment she'd held locked inside, crying out her anger and passion... not realizing she held all the vampires in a thrall with the beauty of her voice and the power of her torment.

Wetness anointed her cheeks and she began to feel weak. As she cried out the last note of the ballad, she swiped her fingers over her face and was shocked when she saw blood staining them. She'd cried tears of blood.

The floor swayed before her vision just before she felt herself tip forward...

***

The V formation was almost perfect. Devon led the way, as always, but instead of Lucien and Seth, Zak flew where Lucien would have been. In all reality, it was now Remien's place, because he had more power than Zak. Remi just wouldn't link with them, and as a result lagged behind even though Devon's power wrapped around his Viper practically dragging him along.

They were supposed to be of one mind and thought when out in space. Remien refused to let them feel the agony of Rowie's loss within him.

Remi—Devon's deep voice rumbled in his mind, making him grit his teeth and try to push his commander out. Remien, please.

He does this shit all the fucking time—Seth snarled.

Remien reached for his sword, feeling the need to ease the pain. He cursed, remembering Devon had it. The bastard disapproved his cutting. He just didn't understand. No one did.

Roaring in aggravation, he let himself fall back within the dark interior of the Viper, kicking furiously at the glass. Flames burst around him, and he could already feel his flesh tingling with the onset of a shift. His black uniform shirt ripped when the dragon's half wings popped out. Gripping the sides of the pilot's seat, his talons ripping the velvet material, he panted, reining in his beast. No. He couldn't die now. If he allowed the shift, he'd burst through the small transport pod and suffocate in the vacuum of space. No. He needed to kill two vampires first for taking his woman.

Remi—Devon insisted.

I told you he wasn't ready. We should've left him back at Alpha 7—Seth said, making Remi growl even more.

Insipid little fuck. Remi was sure he could beat the living daylights out of him with his eyes closed and hands tied behind his back.

"Just one swipe of my dragon's tail—"

Remi—

What?

He felt them wince when the magnitude of his pain ripped through them.

Shame at appearing so weak, and rage at not being able to do anything about it had Remien dropping out of formation and zipping away at a speed that not even Devon would dare use.

They were on their way to a contracted mission. Another alien species, exposed to technological knowledge before they were ready to do something useful with it, had created a portal into a different realm, and a very large and unfriendly creature invaded their planet.

He could do this alone without having to link his sorry soul to his nosy Alpha Angel brothers.

Having locked on the location of the primitive planet, the void of space around him looked like an ocean of liquid swirling light, rippling around him, undulating. There was no sound, except the erratic beat of his heart in his ears. At this speed, Devon said one could tear the very fabric of space if you weren't careful.

Remi realized he was coming in too fast. Banking to his left, He used the planet's gravitational pull and sling shot himself around the glowing green orb to slow his advance before plunging down into a desert area. The outer hull of the Viper burst into a ball of flames when he entered the atmosphere, and he created a crater a mile deep in the desert sands. Using his powers, he was able to absorb the force of energy that burst from the planet's crust.

The shock of power exploding into him affected the shift.

To an onlooker, it would seem that a cataclysmic explosion had gone off, the birth of a super volcano. The bloom of flames would be blinding, and within the blue-white fire, the body of a beast would take shape

Remien would never be able to surprise anyone with his shift. It was too loud and blinding-like the burst of a supernova. His heart raced, fire bathing every inch of him, instantly disintegrating his clothing. Wings stretched out twenty feet to either side of him, his hair stiffened to form a crown of horns around his mighty head. His skin hardened, then crackled into polished opalescent red scales, harder than any known substance in the universe.

It was like being reborn every time, the thrill of it making him roar, fire spewing from his snout. He could feel the ground beneath his talons shake with the force of his bellow. Snapping his maw shut with an angry swish of his spiked tail, the beast sniffed the air and growled.

***

Pain. It tore through her like fire, only she was too weak to scream. She could feel someone lifting her, tilting her head back so that her lips parted in a silent scream. The soothing began on her tongue, cool, sweet surcease from the agony that held her in its unmerciful grip. She swallowed, the cool sweet liquid bringing down the heat level of the fire. Rowie closed her lips around the offering, her fangs sinking into flesh, and sucked like a famished babe.

She heard a groan, "Rowie, please... enough," and opened her eyes to see Gabriel trying to pull his arm from her mouth. It was so hard to stop, but already he looked so pale and weak. She was draining him dry.

With a cry of despair, she darted away, but was kept from going very far by Rafael.

"You should have let me die," she wailed, horrified at the monster she'd become.

"You don't mean that," Rafe tried to soothe.

She would not take solace in their attempts to ease her torment. "What the hell am I now? A beast with no heartbeat that must feed off the living in order to continue to exist."

"Every living thing feeds off something else."

Rowie turned narrowed eyes to Navar. It was then that she realized there were over a hundred vamps peering at her, the red velvet stage curtains drawn aside by curious hands.

Rowie swallowed, feeling self-conscious, then scowled drawing herself up taller. She hated feeling stupid.

Navar walked closer. "I've found my new star."

She didn't like the way he looked at her. "Congratulations," Rowie said sarcastically.

A few vamps snickered. Navar only smiled brighter, reaching out a pale hand to her. When she refused to take it, he caressed her cheek instead. "You're my new star... my midnight rose." The last words were said with a reverent sigh.

Rowie reared back, shock rolling through her. She gaped at the vampire before her, then at her brothers, waiting for someone to burst into laughter and say it was all a joke, but every look was the same. Everyone looked at her wide-eyed, excited.

"You're going to be treated like royalty, my sweet. Round the clock guards..."

"Wait," she snapped already not liking the direction of things. "I don't need guards. I'm a Master Guardian," that brought a few gasps of shock, "One of Edenia's Alpha Angels." A few vamps began backing away. Some just simply darted away.

Rowie stood even taller. Hell, that felt good to say. So what if the entire universe thought the Alpha Angels were the devil's spawn.

"So why aren't you with them?"

Pain lanced through her chest. "Because I don't want to hurt the ones I love. I don't know if I'd be able to resist their scent."

"Ah," Navar said walking slowly around her, "Then you've got nothing to lose. Being a rock star would help you grow accustomed to the scent of others and resist the urge to pounce on anything that moves. The guards are not only for your protection. They're also there to help keep your young appetite in line."

Rowie blinked. "Oh." Her mind still turned over the consequences of becoming famous. It would be a glaring beacon for a certain dragon. She forbade Devon to tell him where she was. He dreamed walked into her moments of slumber constantly, begging her to let him tell Remi where she was. He'd even offered to supervise the interaction between them and keep everything safe.

Still she refused. If she saw Remi, she knew she'd tear her clothes off and impale herself on his cock. Her entire body was out of control and she didn't like it. Rowie prided herself on retaining control. She couldn't face him that way.

She began shaking her head. "Thank you, but—"

"I'm desperate," Navar interrupted. "In a little over two weeks Angel of Retribution, Draconius Imorteus, and Ashtar are to start their new intergalactic concert tour. I need a new lead singer... an enthralling one to help smooth over the fact the beings won't have Myano before them."

"What happened to him?"

Navar shrugged. "Both he and his lover are gone. For all I know, they could have run off to live the rest of their days in obscurity. Myano complained about the urge to lead a normal life enough times." His golden eyes beseeched Rowie. "You're the only one who can replace him."

Rowie scoffed. "I can't sound that good. I've been singing for most of my life..."

"Ah, but you've only just now turned full vampire. Now your voice has reached its full potential. You're a natural. Please. Please say yes."

***

His body ached. Remien opened his eyes and sputtered, finding his face in a puddle of mud, his shivering cold body, trussed up and naked. He heard Devon arguing above him in a strange language.

Thunder boomed and lightening slashed the angry sky overhead. Remi saw the beginnings of an awful squall forming in the brownish-black clouds that cover the entire sky of... Where the fuck was he? Shit. He didn't remember, and the fact that he was butt naked, face down on the muddy ground and bound meant he'd either just finished having good sex, or he'd shifted and caused chaos. He didn't have Rowie available to him, so he guessed it was the latter.

Devon pulled him up by his arms and glared into his face. His commander looked livid. Devon livid was a scary sight. His normally white skin would lace over with black veins and his eyes would glow even brighter. He looked as if possessed by Lucifer himself.

Remien scowled into that demonic visage with his own diabolical snarl.

Devon slammed him against a large boulder and covered his bare back with the heat of his body. "You need to be subdued," Devon growled in his ear just before bucking his hips against Remien's ass," and I'm just the man to do it."

Remien twisted his head around, teeth still elongated and bared. "Try it, demon."

Devon pushed harder. "Don't challenge me."

"Don't you have a female at home? What the fuck is it with you with me?"

Devon's sneer waned.

"Guys," Zak cleared his throat, "Don't mean to break up your lovers' quarrel, but the natives are getting restless."

"I know," Devon said tensing up again. His eyes went back to Remi's. "I'm showing them that I have domination over the stupid weredragon that almost destroyed the entire planet."

Remien's brows narrowed in angered disbelief. "What the fuck—"

"You pulled the planet out of orbit, slowed its rotation, tilted it off its axis, caused numerous earthquakes over the entire surface when you landed punching a hole in its crust to cause waves of molten rock underneath... shall I go on?"

Remien blinked, feeling embarrassed. "Did I at least kill the fucking beast they summoned?"

Seth snorted. "The thing took one look at the signs of planetary Armageddon and hauled ass back to its realm."

"Well... that's one good thing in my favor... isn't it?" He fucked up... again.

Devon pulled him up, shaking his head, his features softened. "What am I going to do with you, Remien Fyre?"

Remi cleared his throat, and then smiled sheepishly. "Forgive me?"

Devon scowled. With a sigh, he motioned to Zak. "Take him to my Viper."

"Hey, I can still fly. My Viper's not damaged."

Zak stood next to him. "Just... let's get out of here, Rem. Okay?"

Remi shrugged Zak's hand off his shoulder and stared after Devon as his commander strode toward a group of cloaked men. There were about one hundred men, heavily armed. Remi could feel the fear and anger rolling off them. "Devon?"

"Why don't you listen for once in your life, Fyre?" Seth said, his lips tight.

"Why don't you go fuck yourself," Remi spat.

Zak pulled Remi behind him, heading toward the Vipers. "Geez, Rem. You're in enough trouble."

"Trouble?" Remi frowned, looking at Zak's back. "What kind of trouble?"

Zak turned to peer at him over his shoulder, never slowing down. "This is a class three planet. Level A. We're all in deep shit now."

Class three meant the inhabitants of the planet already knew they weren't the only ones in the galaxy. Level A meant they were just being introduced to new beings and technology, just a little at a time. It was sometimes difficult for some species to let go of their particular beliefs and embrace the variety of intelligent life abounding in the universe. Most believed they were the only ones, or that the divine one created them in his or her image, deeming any other type of life form inferior. Trying to break those beliefs would at times cause mass suicides, revolts, war.

"The government is trying to cover up this fiasco. They had a legend that said their gods would rain fire down on them and cause many calamities if they lost their faith in them." Zak peered back at him again. "According to legend, a beast would be released that would breath fire and destroy them all."

"Oopsie," Remi sighed.

He looked back to Devon and Seth. Three men were arguing with Devon. Shaking his head, he looked forward once again. His toes were squishing in the mud, and the wind was wreaking havoc with his hair. They looked like they were in a giant bowl of nothing but mud. Mountains surrounded the small valley where nothing grew.

What a dismal place—Remi mused.

He waited for Devon in his viper. He still didn't understand why he wasn't allowed to fly his own transport.

Moments later, Devon entered the Viper. Remien tried to keep his face impassive. Devon didn't even look at him. He only leaned back, emitted a soft blue glow around his body and closed his eyes.

Remi sighed, waiting for the order to link to the others, but Devon didn't utter a word. Looking around, Remi felt shocked to see they were already on their way back. He opened his mouth, and then closed it again, not knowing what to say.

Devon's silence was disturbing.

"I'm sorry," Remien said, but Devon ignored him. His heart pounded, and he bit his lip wondering why Dev was giving him the silent treatment. Letting out a frustrated sigh, he slid a muddied foot to Devon's leg and touched him. "You're mad. I didn't... I mean..." his eyes searched Devon's face for a sign that he was even listening.

He let out a tendril of power, trying to link to Devon, and hissed when he hit a mental barrier. "You're blocking me?" His heart beat faster, and his stomach felt as if tied in knots. His mind turned back to a time when he could barely feel any type of contact on his skin, when words were puzzling to him as well as human emotions. When he was a child, he had no concept of being. He liked looking at bright objects, making them spin.

Rearing back, he struck his head against the glass. I'm real. I'm not a ghost. Again, he slammed his head against the glass. Liking the sensation, he did it again... then again... and again.

"Remi, stop."

He didn't want to. It felt good. Every strike brought pretty colors dancing before his eyes.

"Remi."

Remien blinked up at Devon. His hand was behind Remi's head, and when he withdrew it, blood dripped from his commander's fingers.

Devon stared at him, shaking his head. "Why, Rem? Why do you always do this? Help me understand."

"It feels good." Remi could feel the rush of endorphins through his body if nothing else. His sense of touch damaged to the point that only strong impulses registered in his brain as nothing but pleasure.

"Hitting your head till it bleeds feels good?"

"Cutting feels better."

Devon grimaced. Remi lowered his gaze, secretly using his nails to tear at the flesh of his wrists behind his back.

Devon wasn't fooled. The ties binding his wrists snapped off. Devon wrenched his arms forward, and seeing the blood oozing from his torn flesh scowled at Remi.

Remien only smiled at him, apprehension sending a sliver of fluttering in his gut when his commander's eyes glowed brighter and the slightest beginnings of black veins laced his temples.

"You're not going to do this anymore." Devon's voice came out with an unholy growl.

Remien narrowed his eyes, his smile never wavering. "And just how the hell do you plan on stopping me?"

The top to the Viper rolled open. Devon jumped out and motioned for him to do the same. Zak and Seth stood a few paces away, watching them. Remien rose slowly, and jumped out of the Viper to stand before them. Absently, he reached back and scratched one bare ass cheek.

Immediately, Devon gripped his arm and teleported them to the entrance to his quarters. Still gripping his arm tightly, he opened the round door with a wave of his hand and yanked Remien in after him.

Devon's quarters were similar to Remien's except where Remi liked more dashes of red in his decor, Devon's was pure black and silver.

He dragged Remien through his lounging area and bedroom.

Angel was just coming out of the hygiene area, wearing nothing but a towel when Devon stormed past her towing Remi.

Remien smiled at her shocked face, hearing her gasp as her eyes traveled his naked length. He wiggled his brows suggestively and purred, "Hi."

She followed them, eyes and mouth gaping.

Without warning, Devon shoved him. He'd been walking backwards, purposely flirting with Angel to rile his commander and flailed as he fell back.

Letting his dragon's wings pop out of his back to break the fall, he was shocked when he landed in a pool of warm water. His nose burned and his eyes itched when he stood again, sputtering and cursing.

"Fuck. Are you trying to drown me?"

"If you'd practiced your levitation like Seth told you, you wouldn't have fallen."

Remi coughed, pushing his soaked hair from his face and shaking his wings. "I didn't fall, asshole. You pushed me."

Devon crossed his arms over his chest, still scowling, annoying Remien to no end.

Swinging his hand as hard as he could, Remien tried to splash Devon. The droplets of water rose then froze midair. Remi's eyes widened when he saw each individual drop quiver and dance in the air like little liquid diamonds. Slowly they pulled together forming a ball as big as a fist.

Remien wasn't prepared when the ball of water pummeled his face. Again, he found himself sputtering, even more annoyed when he heard Angel snickering behind her hand.

With an angry snarl, he used his wings to send a wave of water to his commander and his woman, but then everything seemed to decelerate into slow motion. The wave rose, and rose, and rose some more, until there was absolutely no water in the sunken tub. Remi's eyes and mouth gaped as he watched in fascination. The water curled in on itself rising ever higher, forming into an enormous globe that danced and flowed toward the ceiling. Only when it flowed over Remien's head did he realize what was going to happen.

All contents © Copyright 1996-2024. Literotica is a registered trademark.

Desktop versionT.O.S.PrivacyReport a ProblemSupport

Version ⁨1.0.2+1f1b862.6126173⁩

We are testing a new version of this page. It was made in 90 milliseconds